#1 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:59 AM

My link

Rugby I understand, but Golf just doesn't belong in the Olympics. What's next, shuffle board?

#2 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:50 PM

My link

Rugby I understand, but Golf just doesn't belong in the Olympics. What's next, shuffle board?

I'm curious to know if you have ever played or have even tried to swing a club at a little round ball,I mean how hard can it be? Right? The way I got it figured is if they let ping pong into the olympics then what could it hurt letting golf in.

#3 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

I'm curious to know if you have ever played or have even tried to swing a club at a little round ball,I mean how hard can it be? Right? The way I got it figured is if they let ping pong into the olympics then what could it hurt letting golf in.

I'm not saying golf is easy. It's a great sport I get to play every once in a while and I am not very good at it. To be good at darts or pool reqires a high skill level as well, but they shouldn't be Olympic sports either. You can play golf at a high level at an older age because it is not a very athletic sport. Ping pong, to stay with your example, is a very athletic sport and for a Ping pong player an Olympic medal is the greatest feat. For a golf player the Olympics will never be as important as the masters for example.

edit I forgot a "not"

Edited by eaglejelly, 09 October 2009 - 02:57 PM.

#4 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:36 PM

And bowling still can't get in because neither Olympic committees can't decide if it's a winter or summer sport.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#5 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:50 PM

I'm saying golf is easy. It's a great sport I get to play every once in a while and I am not very good at it. To be good at darts or pool reqires a high skill level as well, but they shouldn't be Olympic sports either. You can play golf at a high level at an older age because it is not a very athletic sport. Ping pong, to stay with your example, is a very athletic sport and for a Ping pong player an Olympic medal is the greatest feat. For a golf player the Olympics will never be as important as the masters for example.

I understand your point and I used to hold that same view before I took up the game, i guess now I am biased because I understand how hard the game is. Do you have to be athletic? No,but it helps and the hand-eye coordination needed to play at the highest levels is incredible. Alot of other sports that some would consider more athletic had players that were not classic athletes, one that comes to mind is Babe Ruth.You have a good point re: olympics vs. the masters

Edited by Kicksave Brodeur!!, 09 October 2009 - 02:52 PM.

#6 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

Seriously? golf in the olympics?
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#7 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:22 PM

I'll be there.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#8 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:58 PM

I agree with both.

Hey curling is in the Olympics, why not golf?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:33 PM

I hope they add roller hockey to the Summer Olympics someday. That would rule.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users