71 replies to this topic

#21 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

The Nets this year are a complete disgrace. My Knicks aren't much better...their defense is a total embarassment...but at least they're capable of winning some games by completely out-gunning opponents.

...wait 'till A.I. comes riding into town. Didn't you guys put the circus to rest when Isiah split? :whistling:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#22 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,488 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

The Nets are actually in a very good situation. Yes they are terrible right now, but they are obviously not this bad with Devin Harris. Next year, they are going to get a top 3 pick in the draft, and they have the most cap room in the league. They could sign anyone they want. They have enough money to sign LeBron and Wade. Now would they come, probably not, but they have the room. They shouldn't be shutout. Add that to a very good young core in Harris, Lopez and Williams, and the future looks bright.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#23 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

...wait 'till A.I. comes riding into town. Didn't you guys put the circus to rest when Isiah split? :whistling:

Apparently we did, since now it looks like the only time AI will visit us will be in a visitor's uni. If he even gets a job.

Could you imagine if this douchebag sucked up his pride and became the primary scorer on the backup unit of an elite or near-elite team (CLE for example)?
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#24 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:48 PM

0-13

...you know, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for them.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#25 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

0-13

...you know, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for them.

That's what they want! Don't do it
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#26 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:18 AM

There's a very good chance they at least tie the losing record to start a season - they're going on a four game road trip that - even when they're good - they do don't well. The record is 0-17, which they can match on the last game in LA against the Lakers.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#27 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Beezer34, 26 November 2009 - 12:18 AM.

#28 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,007 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

I do want the Nets to embrace New Jersey fully once again and become mainstays at the Rock. Though why they are in limbo and want nothing to do with NJ, I hope they go 0-82.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#29 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:40 AM

Posted Image

Y.E.S. "The Home of Champions. the Yankees, and some other team." :giggle:

I hope they go 0-82.

...stay tuned.

#30 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:46 AM

How can ANYONE still support this team? Ughhhhhh they should be getting maybe 100 people per night at home games and that's counting family and team employees :P
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#31 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

I do want the Nets to embrace New Jersey fully once again and become mainstays at the Rock. Though while they are in limbo and want nothing to do with NJ, I hope they go 0-82.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

How can ANYONE still support this team? Ughhhhhh they should be getting maybe 100 people per night at home games and that's counting family and team employees Posted Image

On the other hand, whoever is still supporting that team, paying for their tix the regular way, going to the games, etc. ... those people deserve to get free front row seats to the parade whenever, if ever, the Nets get good again and win their next championship. Posted Image

Edited by 95Crash, 28 November 2009 - 07:50 AM.

#32 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:13 AM

:hah: http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4697789

...and the hits, just keep on comin' !!

#33 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4697789

This is a good thing for the Nets. He had obviously lost the team a long time ago. It is sad that ownership management took until now to do this.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:05 PM

I was going to wait 'till after the game ended to make it official.. but it's 70-37 (literally) and although it's only the 3rd quarter, this game was really over before it even started.

Posted Image

Congratulations to the Nets.. their players.. upper management... and the entire organization.
Now lose one more time, so you can call the record your own. ;)

#35 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

Hey if you're gonna do something, be the best. So if you're gonna be bad...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:04 PM

I was going to wait 'till after the game ended to make it official.. but it's 70-37 (literally) and although it's only the 3rd quarter, this game was really over before it even started.

Posted Image

Congratulations to the Nets.. their players.. upper management... and the entire organization.
Now lose one more time, so you can call the record your own. ;)

If they're going to bother to win at all this season, I hope it's Wednesday. It would be only fitting for a franchise like the Nets to share that embarrassing record with an expansion team and the Clippers.

Even at 0-17, the Nets are still in better shape than the Knicks. Both teams could win the draft lottery, but the Nets will actually get to keep their pick.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#37 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:48 AM

If the Nets get a #1 pick, sign a free agent (hell maybe if moving to the Prudential Center attracts D Wade or Lebron) maybe I'll watch again. They are in a decent position to turn this around quickly but everything has to go right. That includes continuing to SUCK BALLS this year.
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/timoninjd~ANDREW

#38 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:41 PM

If the Nets get a #1 pick, sign a free agent (hell maybe if moving to the Prudential Center attracts D Wade or Lebron) maybe I'll watch again. They are in a decent position to turn this around quickly but everything has to go right. That includes continuing to SUCK BALLS this year.

D-Wade has a better chance in Orlando and Lebron wants to have a chance to win now.

#39 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

It's just so funny hearing about the nets. Even the detroit lions have won 2 games during the nets 0-17 streak.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#40 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,488 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:34 PM

This is a good thing for the Nets. He had obviously lost the team a long time ago. It is sad that ownership management took until now to do this.

Frank's an excellent coach. The players said they never turned him out and he still had their ear. The bottom line is a lot of the players on the floor just suck. Nothing more to it. I saw a few minutes of their game against the Lakers. It truly was some of the worst basketball I have seen in years.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users