#41 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image

...un...be...lievable. A new first low in NBA history. (60 years in the making) :o

Posted Image

Edited by Beezer34, 02 December 2009 - 11:56 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#42 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:42 PM

If you're a season ticket holder all I can say for you is :doh1:

I mean on the one hand I feel horrible that you're locked in to paying a ton of money to a horrifically terrible team, but on the other hand I mean record aside I just don't see how you could support a team that is ashamed to associate with New Jersey and wants to leave you as soon as they can

A real :doh1: all around
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:56 PM

If you're a season ticket holder all I can say for you is :doh1:

I mean on the one hand I feel horrible that you're locked in to paying a ton of money to a horrifically terrible team, but on the other hand I mean record aside I just don't see how you could support a team that is ashamed to associate with New Jersey and wants to leave you as soon as they can

A real :doh1: all around

The Nets made it clear they were marketing the team to NBA fans and not Nets fans. Remember the reversible jerseys that was the uniform of the other team? If you're a season ticket holder, you get to see the very best of the league dominate the Nets each night! Only problem is they are all done after 3 quarters.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#44 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:09 AM

Still, as bad as the Nets are (and they're sh!t) do they end the season with the worst overall record in NBA history? Currently that honor belongs to the 1972-73 Philadelphia 76er's, when they finished the year 9-73.
Something NEW for the Nets to aspire perspire to do. ;)

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#45 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:47 AM

...do the Nets end the season with the worst overall record in NBA history? Currently that honor belongs to the 1972-73 Philadelphia 76er's, when they finished the year 9-73.

30 games logged.. 2 victories to show for it. That 36 year old record is going down folks. :wub:

#46 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

30 games logged.. 2 victories to show for it. That 36 year old record is going down folks. :wub:

Wow, i haven't really payed attention to the nets since they won a game, but they are 2-28? That has to be the worst record in any sport after 30 games.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#47 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:53 AM

Wow, i haven't really payed attention to the nets since they won a game, but they are 2-28? That has to be the worst record in any sport after 30 games.

It's sad...hopefully they get an impact player with their Top 3 pick.....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#48 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:41 PM

It's sad...hopefully they get an impact player with their Top 3 pick.....

John Wall baby!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:22 PM

Wow, i haven't really payed attention to the nets since they won a game. That has to be the worst record in any sport after 30 games.

...by law of averages, they'll be 6-76 by seasons end.

#50 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:04 PM

...by law of averages, they'll be 6-76 by seasons end.

I would love for that to happen.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#51 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

John Wall baby!

John Wall is a stud. The Nets will likely finish with the worst record and still not win the lottery. Wall will be taken before they get a chance to pick him...watch....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#52 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

John Wall is a stud. The Nets will likely finish with the worst record and still not win the lottery. Wall will be taken before they get a chance to pick him...watch....

I would absolutely love it if they finished with a sh!t record and still got the worst pick possible...it'd be a rightfully deserved dose of karma.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#53 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:35 PM

By law of averages, they'll be 6-76 by seasons end.

I would love for that to happen.

...oh it's going to happen. Half the season officially in the books, and their trifecta of victories still stands.
I've never seen a tailspin like this in all my life. 3 wins in 41 games?! It's astonishing.

#54 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

I sincerely lol'd when I read this: http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nba,225353

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#55 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:59 AM

The photo that accompanies that article is brutal. And it looks like the game is actually going on in the background, so you can't chalk up the empty seats to "it's still halftime" or "the game hasn't started and people are still filing in." Absolutely brutal. Makes you wonder how their attendance number is as high as 12,905.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#56 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:23 PM

Ahhaha. I did an entry on that awful article along with the dreadful state of hoops in the metro area.

Random Thoughts: Nets BBall

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#57 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

Got a chuckle from this over at SportsPickle.com:

The Nets and Clippers play during Imaginary Friend Night at New Jersey's Izod Center.

Posted Image

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 08 March 2010 - 02:18 PM.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#58 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:42 PM

These guys so 10x the crowd during their college games.. They must have a good sense of humor about it
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#59 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

You what is even sadder than this picture? The fact, that a good percentage of those "taken" seats are just given away. The Nets sales staff comes into Hoboken every so often just giving away stacks of tickets to people on the streets, I think 1 in 10 actually take the tickets.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#60 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:44 AM

Apparently Nets CEO Brett Yormark got into it with a couple of Nets fans, one of whom was wearing a brown paper bag over his head, at a game last week.

Link

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users