3 replies to this topic

#1 Hickmania

Hickmania

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:32 PM

My thoughts on the game real fast: Devils dominated--couldn't have played it better. Marty would see more action behind Giguere than he is now. Elias looking MUCH better the past two games. Still want to see Gionta do more than throw the puck at Giguere. All is forgiven, Tvo, for now at least--don't blow your second(third, fourth.. etc) chance! :blink:

In case you didn't see, a few things that caugt my attention during the post game conference...

Pat Burns - seemed almost as bitter as I've ever seen him--which is why I really like him. He's about to win the cup and he looks so mad he could spit. He really wanted to really emphasize the 'don't count your chickens before they hatch' mentality. Warned it will probably be a different team they see in Anaheim. Was very upset anyone thought the Conn Smythe had been 'conceded' to Jiggy already. I think he really wants Marty to get it, as he did a bit of name droppin' on his behalf.

M. Babcock - had the gun to his head, noose around his neck, and jug of pills in his hand. Was probably one goal away from using any one of the preceding. Honestly, he almost made me cry he seemed so down. Very disappointed, and emphasized how the Devils didn't so much out work, as they did 'out-compete' his team. Said the team would have to start consider thinking about making some adjustments, which he blew off in the last game. Also got very upset talking about lack of team emotion... very paraphrased edition:
Babcock: '. . . no emotion about this game, and make adjustments.'
Reporter: 'What do you think of the lack of emotion in your team?'
Babcock: 'What do you mean emotion? . . . I never used that word, emotion.'
Very confusing, perhaps because he was so distraut. I could only imagine, his team is a farce after all.

Marty & Scotty: similarly talked about not counting the Ducks out yet. Scott said he was very impressed with their defensive effort, didn't want to say it was the best of the season, but certainly exactly what they want to do and continue to do. Marty didn't seem to care about the two records he tied tonight... mostly just cared about winning the game and getting one step closer. Said perhaps hell have more perspective when he retires.

(Wow its really easy to accidentally submit a post, aparently, so the second subject line doesn't make a whole lot of sense.)

#2 KYdevil

KYdevil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 11:41 PM

I found it interesting how the ducks still say they need to keep playing their game, and not make any changes. Welp...you just been shutout 3-0 twice...I think its time they tried to change just a little bit. Not that it would help.

Devils just look so much hungrier. And I think the experience factor is really showing

#3 NJDF

NJDF

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 11:48 PM

The Duckies need to add a rookie to their lineup....for some reason it always seems to work against the Devils (playoff/ almost always in the reg season).

GO DEVILS!!

#4 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:13 AM

I hope the Ducks keep playing their game cause if they do then it will be a short series.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users