13 replies to this topic

#1 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,046 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:15 PM

someone noted this in a thread in Hell, but the search function is not working.

(i guess i could've PMed this)

Edited by Triumph, 14 November 2009 - 01:15 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

Seems like it's working okay now, unless I'm missing something...

With the move to the new server, DM was able to install a program that makes the search engine work better. However, apparently it dies sometimes and the only way to know that is when search doesn't work, so DM set up a script that restarts it every so often. The script must have run within the last hour, because search was working for me when I tried it.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#3 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,078 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

Rowdy got it, as usual. Sometimes if the search is indexing the forums it locks up and reboots after the 15 minutes I set for a restart.

#4 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,046 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:17 PM

still not working for me.

#5 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

I think I see what's going on, but DM will have to fix it. If you do a generic search, it looks like it's working fine. However, if you drill it down to just Hell, you only get results going back to Friday. Rebuilding the search indexes should resolve the situation.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

#6 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,078 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:00 PM

I manually did the search index... the time jobs still seem to be functioning. If this happens again I will get the techies involved.

#7 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:11 PM

That seems to have done the trick.

#8 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,046 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

it is still not working for me.

#9 funetiklee

funetiklee

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:54 AM

yeah i've been trying to do a search for a week and everytime I try it it doesn't work.

#10 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

Hmmm... now I'm stumped. How are you guys using the search function? Specifically:

• Are you just typing in the search box at the top of the page and hitting the Search button? Clicking on Advanced and filling in the form on the next page? Searching a forum or a topic using the search box at the bottom of the page?
  • What search terms are you using?
  • If you're using the advanced search, what other settings are you using?
  • Do you get a page with no results or an actual error message? If the latter, what is the error message?

#11 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,078 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

Might be a permission issue. Im gonna jump onto a peon account.

#12 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,078 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

Yup, no search results on a normal member account. Weird. It works fine for the admins. I have switched it back to traditional search until we can figure this out. Sorry guys.

#13 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:43 PM

That's weird, I thought it might've been a permissions issue too (though I didn't check on another account) so I looked through all the settings I could think of, didn't find anything that seemed off...

#14 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,046 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:03 PM

working now, although i forget what i was looking for :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users