7 replies to this topic

#1 Motor City Devil

Motor City Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

Some Devils mentioned in this article, including a major compliment about Parise.

Check out the column on the right side about mid-way down in his "top five teams" comment.

http://sports.espn.g...ccigross/091117
Re-educating Wings fans since 1995.

#2 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,192 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

He didn't mention the starting goalie, and I'm a bit ignorant on the international stage.... is Brodeur or Luongo favored? Fleury/Ward is down the road starter?

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#3 Motor City Devil

Motor City Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:39 PM

He didn't mention the starting goalie, and I'm a bit ignorant on the international stage.... is Brodeur or Luongo favored? Fleury/Ward is down the road starter?

I don't know what the vegas odds are for the starting goalie for Canada. Bsaed on what happened to Marty in his first Olympics (Roy played instead of Marty - who was clearly the better player), I would hope that Marty is the favorite (favourite as they say in Canada).

I doubt that the GMs are going to say anything until they have to. The letters went out pretty recently for the USA team camp. My friend James Wisnewski got one from Team USA (big surprise for him), he has to report in December where they will make final cuts. I assume Canada is the same, and would make an announcement at the same time as to the starting goalies.

#4 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,192 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

My friend James Wisnewski got one from Team USA (big surprise for him)

Best of luck to him! He's a nice young d-man... I took a liking to him because we share the same bday... lol

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#5 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

We are a good team and deserve to be in the top 5 on the side column.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#6 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:15 PM

I doubt that the GMs are going to say anything until they have to. The letters went out pretty recently for the USA team camp. My friend James Wisnewski got one from Team USA (big surprise for him), he has to report in December where they will make final cuts. I assume Canada is the same, and would make an announcement at the same time as to the starting goalies.

Do you really know him?

(Note: not challenging you--I believe you. I'm just interested)

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#7 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

I would name Parise the captain of this team. He is the best Team USA player in the NHL today, and if he were Canadian, I would have him on a first line with Sidney Crosby.

If that's not a compliment, I don't know what is, but I bet Rafalski is the Team USA captain this year.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8 Motor City Devil

Motor City Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

Do you really know him?

(Note: not challenging you--I believe you. I'm just interested)

Yes... I do. I wouldn't joke about something like that.

James' Dad's last name is Wisnewski, but his mom has a different last name. I've known the family for a long time - more his mom and sisters. Awesome family, every one of them. James is really level headed, and works really hard. Hell of a golfer, too.

Btw - I wasn't bragging about knowing him - I threw that in there to try and answer the guys questions about the olympics. James just got his letter for training camp, I know final selections won't happen until after December practices. He asked if Marty would be named the starter early, and I was trying to point out that GMs really don't have a lock on their teams until after December's meetings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users