35 replies to this topic

#21 INLOUWETRUST

INLOUWETRUST

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:54 PM

As for this rumor, don't believe everything you read especially ones from internet blogs that contain little birdies.
[/quote]
The uni watch blog is written by a sports Ill . columnist and is usually very reliable. I hope he's wrong in this case, but he ( Paul Lucas) does his homework and has very good sources. If your into the uniform thing it's a great blog you could spend hours on.

[quote name='unknown poster' date='20 November 2009 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1258731806' post='819518']
If you mean the Devils wearing a non-Edge jersey that night, it won't happen.
[/quote]
Did you see the Flames 30th anniversary jerseys? NO SHIRT TALE. That is non Edge, so it's done already.

Edited by INLOUWETRUST, 20 November 2009 - 11:56 PM.

334 Club member

#22 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:42 AM

Here is the press release:

http://devils.nhl.co...s.htm?id=487020

The Devils will wear their original red, green, and white uniforms for one night, Wednesday, March 17, 2010

and the accompanying picture:

Posted Image

so, the Devils would be lying otherwise. also, as was posted, Lou isn't gonna go half-assed on something he said would NEVER happen.

Edited by njdevsfn95, 21 November 2009 - 12:42 AM.

#23 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:43 AM

Here is the press release:

http://devils.nhl.co...s.htm?id=487020

and the accompanying picture:

Posted Image

so, the Devils would be lying otherwise. also, as was posted, Lou isn't gonna go half-assed on something he said would NEVER happen.

If someone was trying to be a sleuth or being worried about this I might look to these quotes to feel better:

The Devils will wear their original red, green, and white uniforms for one night, Wednesday, March 17, 2010,

“The original red, green, and white jerseys are a part of our history here in New Jersey,” said Lamoriello.

Edited by Devils731, 21 November 2009 - 12:43 AM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#24 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:45 AM

hahahaha i was thinking i should have bolded the word "original"

#25 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:43 AM

I don't know about the design, but if they don't produce replicas of these jerseys available for fans, I think it's a huge FAIL. It would be just stupid to pass on such a chance to make money. The Devils already made sure the fans would get the message and they keep advertising the whole thing. Obviously, fans are crazy about this. Selling these jerseys (and I don't mean game-worn ones, but sweaters produced especially for sale) only makes sense.

Hopefully, they won't mess the thing up. I wouldn't mind an Rbk Edge design (for example, Canucks' oldschool jerseys don't look bad with the new collar and shape), just don't change the fricking scheme!

Edited by Revan, 21 November 2009 - 07:44 AM.

#26 wsewse

wsewse

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

I don't know about the design, but if they don't produce replicas of these jerseys available for fans, I think it's a huge FAIL. It would be just stupid to pass on such a chance to make money. The Devils already made sure the fans would get the message and they keep advertising the whole thing. Obviously, fans are crazy about this. Selling these jerseys (and I don't mean game-worn ones, but sweaters produced especially for sale) only makes sense.

Hopefully, they won't mess the thing up. I wouldn't mind an Rbk Edge design (for example, Canucks' oldschool jerseys don't look bad with the new collar and shape), just don't change the fricking scheme!

I think it's a HUGE FAIL if they don't get these out before Christmas to take advantage of the amount they'd sell for Christmas gifts.

#27 langenmuffin

langenmuffin

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:00 PM

The individual game suite tickets for that night include a throwback jersey for everyone in the suite, so I would imagine that they will be selling them in the team store as well. They sold Stevens jerseys when they honored his HOF induction, I doubt they'd pass up the opportunity to make money on this, too.

#28 devilsfan525

devilsfan525

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

I think it's a HUGE FAIL if they don't get these out before Christmas to take advantage of the amount they'd sell for Christmas gifts.

I asked the manager at the Devils Den as well as emailed the Devils merchandise department and the person that is promoting the suites for the game... I got the same answer from all of them... don't expect to see them for sale until the end of february/early march, and they promised that they will be for sale

#29 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

I asked the manager at the Devils Den as well as emailed the Devils merchandise department and the person that is promoting the suites for the game... I got the same answer from all of them... don't expect to see them for sale until the end of february/early march, and they promised that they will be for sale

If they're going to bypass the chance to have these jerseys out for the holidays, they are throwing money away. Inexcusable.

Edited by MadDog2020, 22 November 2009 - 06:02 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#30 Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:37 PM

Well, looks like Lou is sticking to his guns. A part of me wants the Devils to make a couple of bucks, but most of me wants Lou to keep to his word and views on cashing in through third jerseys. I'm glad Lou is still status quo.
"Marion Gaborik scored his 65th, 66th, 67th, and 68th goals of the season tonight.

However, The Rangers were beaten by the Maple Leafs 6-4. Rather than bore you with those highlights, let's enjoy yet another encore presentation of our great MSG documentary, "1994: The Year We Can't Stop Thinking About" " - Warren

#31 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

Well, looks like Lou is sticking to his guns. A part of me wants the Devils to make a couple of bucks, but most of me wants Lou to keep to his word and views on cashing in through third jerseys. I'm glad Lou is still status quo.

well then the Devils will be the first team in history to make alternate jerseys with no cash or profit in mind. I don't get the point, if for nothing but nostalgia, if they're not selling them now
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#32 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:47 PM

I'm hoping the Devils don't back out on wearing the original colors. As mentioned before, it was already released in a statement that they would and if they go back or try to darken the colors, it would po alot of fans. I am hoping the jerseys go on sale as I have been wanting one for years.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:32 PM

I'm hoping the Devils don't back out on wearing the original colors. As mentioned before, it was already released in a statement that they would and if they go back or try to darken the colors, it would po alot of fans. I am hoping the jerseys go on sale as I have been wanting one for years.

They are wearing the colors, the issue is if it will be exactly the same design as before, or just the same current jerseys but with the green replacing the black.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#34 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:55 PM

Just was informed that "New Jersey is wearing a red ‘Vintage’ jersey on March 17". So the jerseys will be red for this game. No further details as of yet.

Being in the game worn hobby helps for this info! lol

Edited by SJP20, 01 December 2009 - 05:13 PM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#35 INLOUWETRUST

INLOUWETRUST

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:34 PM

[quote name='unknown poster' date='01 December 2009 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1259704517' post='822368']
Just was informed that "New Jersey is wearing a red
334 Club member

#36 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:31 PM

Thanks unknown poster, you really broke some ground on this Vintage jersey mystery. Can't wait for your " Devils wearing red jerseys with circular NJ logo on front" post LOL

It was in no certain terms what primary color jersey (red or white) would be worn by the Devils for this night until now.

You're welcome.

Edited by SJP20, 01 December 2009 - 07:45 PM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users