5 replies to this topic

#1 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 10:07 PM

Is it possible to attach an article from, say MS Word, to a post? Something that can't be linked to from the web?
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,599 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 12:48 PM

As far as I can tell, no.

If you don't mind my asking, why would one want to do something like that?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#3 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,343 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 12:58 PM

Yeah -- it's called cut and paste! :lol:

I'm here for the party

#4 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 01:11 PM

Is it possible to attach an article from, say MS Word, to a post? Something that can't be linked to from the web?

If you dew that then only you will be able to see it and others will not because that path is invalid to their PC possibly causing an error..so the answer is no...I think it is a safe option because someone vile could infect or hack the site...PK has the right idea tho...c/p :)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#5 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 01:13 PM

If you don't mind my asking, why would one want to do something like that?

The person may not have a web site or use of someone else's site to FTP the file to so it can be linked via a URL :)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#6 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 06:29 PM

I found an article that I thought was good, but it was archived on a site that requires payment to read the whole article. I signed up for a free trial so I could read it, and I printed it out. But obviously, I can't put in the link for that site, because no one could read it. It's not a big deal, believe me, and I was pretty sure the answer was "no", but I just thought I'd ask.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users