44 replies to this topic

#21 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

It least the last minutes the Devils were showing. Prior to that they looked so out of sync. The good news, they are only 1 goal behind. CMON Devs, do it in the 3rd!

#22 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

this game thread is even more dead then the game.

Rather than complaining why not do a GDT of your own.

#23 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:09 PM

Exciting game... !!

I love the way the guys are playing tonight
Posted Image

My name is Alex, and I am Quebecois ! Thank you.

One dream: BRING BACK THE NORDIQUES !!!

#24 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

Exciting game... !!

It is exciting, Devils were slow starting but have turn up the level of their game.

#25 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

Thanks Marty IMO that one is on you. So it's tie.

#26 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

Andy Green = Superman
Posted Image

#27 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:32 PM

Let's take the win and get out of here.

#28 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:34 PM

just watching martys reaction.. not to phased. i wonder because he let in a few softees.... or the fact he didnt tie sawchuck... haha
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#29 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:37 PM

just watching martys reaction.. not to phased. i wonder because he let in a few softees.... or the fact he didnt tie sawchuck... haha

Hahaha I was thinking about that too !!
Posted Image

#30 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:38 PM

How can you guys blame Marty for the 2nd goal?

The less crapier team won tonight. Let

#31 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:40 PM

Exciting game... !!

How could you? They only came to play ten out of sixty minutes. It's the kind of win you'll take no questions asked early in the season but you hope we're not that lucky late in the season because it'll lead to bad habits in the playoffs. No excuse for them to come out like that in the first two periods after a flat game Wednesday and Jacques' Thursday practice.

Edited by Hasan4978, 04 December 2009 - 09:42 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#32 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

How could you? They only came to play ten out of sixty minutes. It's the kind of win you'll take no questions asked early in the season but you hope we're not that lucky late in the season because it'll lead to bad habits in the playoffs. No excuse for them to come out like that in the first two periods after a flat game Wednesday and Jacques' Thursday practice.

I just think some of the guys were really into it.
I loved this 3rd period, no matter what you think
Posted Image

#33 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

Not to take away from a goal that rele helped us but was it just more or for most of the night was Rolston skating very nonchalantly? It may seem like it to me but unless the Devils are trying to set him up on the PP or for a slap shot in general he doesn't seem to put in a lot of effort.Then again im not on the ice so I can't see what he sees.

815631765.gif

#34 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

Ugly win but it's still a win and 2 more points. Nice job Andy Greene.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#35 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

[quote name='Prucenterrules' date='04 December 2009 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1259981211' post='823200']
Ugly win

How can any win be ulgy?

#36 Middlesex

Middlesex

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

not a 'good' win but that 3-2 still looks the same in the paper
NJDevs resident MMA expert and the only ice hockey goalie ever to fight his own defenseman.

NHL: Brodeur, Madden, Ovechkin, Janssen, Elias, Kovalchuk, Pelley, Sugulobov, Tendenby, Terreri
MMA: St. Pierre, Mir, Machida, Mitrione, Edgar, Sotiropoulous, Mr. Wonderful, Bones, Struve
NFL: Manning, Jacobs, Matt Bryant, Favre

3-0 Game Day Threads.

Est. 1990: Crawling on the carpet in '95, listening to Game 6 on the radio in '00 (past my bedtime), Attended Game 1 in '03

#37 NJDevil1530

NJDevil1530

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

[quote name='LucifersDog' date='04 December 2009 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1259982054' post='823205']
[quote name='Prucenterrules' date='04 December 2009 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1259981211' post='823200']
Ugly win

How can any win be ulgy?
[/quote]

It was an ugly win because they didn't show up to play hockey for the first 2 periods, they weren't getting many good scoring opportunities and looked out of sync, third period they changed that around, the one thing that has to stop is letting in the first goal every game its ridiculous
Fans of the NJ Devils

LET'S G0 DEVILS!!!!!

Posted Image of Jason Wiemer Posted Image

#38 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,297 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

i wouldn't say they didn't show up - there was effort there - just not any execution and that is 100% on lemaire - it was clear as day after one period that his reshuffling of the top two lines was not a good idea. it's tough to neutralize zach parise but lemaire did it putting him with elias and bergfors. they just are not the right type of players for him 5 on 5. parise is more suited for a dump and chase and pressure the puck line - not with a center like elias who holds the puck and tries to use his skill to create.

rolston also never meshed with zajac and langenbrunner.

i was shocked that lemaire refused to put the lines back as they should be for the whole game. if not for the PP, this would've been the worst offensive performance of the year for the devils - until 5 minutes left in the second, they had 6 shots on goal.

i'm happy for the win, but i'm afraid that lemaire will try to through these terrible lines out there again tomorrow night.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#39 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:47 PM

Andy Green = Superman

i was shocked that lemaire refused to put the lines back as they should be for the whole game. if not for the PP, this would've been the worst offensive performance of the year for the devils - until 5 minutes left in the second, they had 6 shots on goal.

i'm happy for the win, but i'm afraid that lemaire will try to through these terrible lines out there again tomorrow night.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#40 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

10? I would have gone with 3. the Lightning took a bunch of penalties they didn't have to take, the worst PP unit in the history of the universe scored the only way they could, and then Zharkov got a stick-lift in.

that was pretty much all they did for the first 57.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users