#1 RiotActer

RiotActer

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:05 PM

Hey guys!!

I just wanted to stop by and say "hi"! :)

I normally don't post on hockey message boards but I thought I needed to because of the finals. I Know I'm probably a bit late, but I just had to say how pathetic the Ducks fans are being over on their board. Most of them called us Devils fans rude for yelling "SUCKS" but find it completely alright to bring light on Marty's private life, thanking Melanie for having such a "f*** up for a husband. Ugh, talk about classlessness. I wanted to punch each one of 'em :angry:

Anyways, anyone else have a good feeling about tonight's game? I'm feeling alright about it, I just wish we'd get Joe back. We're getting SMOKED in face offs won and its worrying me quite a bit.

See ya's around!
GO DEVILS!!!!!
~Cara
"Educate yourself...if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything, and I see that happening alot these days"

#2 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:10 PM

Welcome. fvck fans are pretty bad. This is a good crowd. Hopefully we can all enjoy a victory tonight!
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#3 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:29 PM

Welcome Cara. But don't worry, never worry, just BELIEVE! :burn:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#4 ladyshrouds

ladyshrouds

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:36 PM

Like other's have said, "WELCOME TO HELL". :burn:

#5 RiotActer

RiotActer

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:14 PM

Thanks guys!

Here's to a victory tonight! :D :burn:
"Educate yourself...if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything, and I see that happening alot these days"

#6 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:25 PM

:hi:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#7 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 08:58 AM

Welcome.

Get your priorities straight! Computers were made for posting on hockey message boards! Especially when things are slow!

Now that the Devils are in the finals I have lots of people to talk to in my everyday life about this -- but when things are bad no one wants to talk -- they say oh I'm not really following it. or they look at you like you're plum crazy for even watching.

I'm here for the party

#8 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 10:16 AM

Welcome RiotActer!

PK, my family can't wait til hockey's over so I start acting like I have a life again.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#9 teresa25

teresa25

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 10:22 AM

Welcome Cara

My family hates it when there is no hockey, cause Mommy is so cranky without some hockey to watch

#10 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 10:24 AM

Welcome aboard!
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#11 chrisg19

chrisg19

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 10:25 AM

Now that the Devils are in the finals I have lots of people to talk to in my everyday life about this -- but when things are bad no one wants to talk -- they say oh I'm not really following it. or they look at you like you're plum crazy for even watching.

Pk that is so true, though I don't post all the time, I am here everyday, even through the summer reading. Anyway everyone around me in "real" life knows I am a Devils fan, and I can't go anywhere without someone talking about "my" team right now, and how great it is, and I am like where are you guys all season? I love to talk hockey...... Oh well, at least we have the boards.

Chris

Ps - welcome Cara, try to stick around this is a great group of people here.
"It wasn't Mike Eruzione shouting his own name that finally convinced coach Brooks to stop making the players do sprints. It was Mark Johnson, who smashed his stick against the glass in a fit of rage." Movie Mistakes and Bloopers

My Devils Photos

Work

#12 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 12:05 PM

Welcome to the boards.
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#13 goobergirl

goobergirl

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 12:14 PM

Howdy and welcome!

#14 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 12:14 PM

Picked a great time to join!!

And welcome.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#15 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 12:20 PM

Pull up a chair and stay awhile. You'll love it here.

Welcome aboard.
So Say We All

#16 IAmCanadian27

IAmCanadian27

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 01:17 PM

Hey, I know you! Ha, it's Gina.

Welcome to the board, Cara!
"He's got hockey strength, and he's one of those naturals. He's kind of a coach's dream. With some guys you have to keep repeating. With Paul, you point out something once and he picks it up."- Larry Robinson on Paul Martin

Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Scott Niedermayer & Keeper of Paul Martin

#17 RiotActer

RiotActer

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 06:09 PM

Hey'a Gina!!!! I kinda figured that was you with the Neids picture there! And I really like to get original with my screen names too, ;) I know you know what I mean.....Im just soooo hard to recognize!

Thanks everyone for the welcome, this looks like a really fun place to be! Very friendly. :)

I'm a seasoned bulletin board poster, but just at Pearl Jam boards. Now it's time to expand my horizons. :)

#18 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 06:57 PM

... I'm at a loss for words... ILB30 "stole" exactly what I always say... so time to try some others out...

Wilkommen! ...nope, no good.
Howdy! ...definitely not
Welcome; it's never too late to start running with the Devils! ...corny as all Hell. (Yikes, double pun)
Welcome to the USSNJDevs.com! ...well I know at least Risky will appreciate this (bad) joke.

Oh let's just be straightforward -- Welcome to NJDevs.com, the best Devils board around!

In your honor, our boys are preparing a lovely meal -- roast duck!

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#19 HockeyMom

HockeyMom

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 07:18 PM

Welcome from one newbie to another! :D
Don't sweat the little ones!

#20 RiotActer

RiotActer

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 07:56 PM

Thanks hockey mom! :)

Cute baby there! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users