122 replies to this topic

#121 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,920 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:30 AM

I'm surprised a lot of Buffalo fans left in the middle of the 3rd. Regardless of the team, I thought they'd want to see some history...

the mass exodus was funny :lol:

It was so obvious he was gonna break the record I was sitting and taunting about it all 3rd period when people were leaving B )
the only comeback I got was "well Sawchuck did it without a mask".... which I came back with... well it's not my fault he was an idiot!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#122 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:50 AM

Since I have DirecTV, I didn't get to see this one...dammit! I did get to see some highlights on NHL on the Fly, but that show never really gives me a true feel of how the game unfolded. Was last night a tough one for Marty? I know the Devils had a big shot edge, but I also know that can be misleading. There will always be morons who will say "Yeah, anyone can shut guys out if they're only facing 13 shots a game" or something like that, but those of us who've been watching since Game 1 of Marty's career know that's not true, so it doesn't matter.

8 goals in his last 15 for Rolston. Thank God! With that contract the Devils were stuck with him if he wasn't producing...25 to 30 goals suddenly isn't out of the question for Rolston.

My initial expectations for Bergfors were to 1) try to stay with the big club all season, 2) stay healthy, and 3) put up somewhere between 30 and 40 points. So far he's done 1 and 2, and exceeded 3 (he's currently on pace for 55 points, on 26 goals and 29 assists). It's still early and rookies can crash and burn or slump at any time, but he really has done a wonderful job helping to minimize Gio's leaving.

And just like that, the Devils find themselves 2nd in the NHL in goal differential. I can't get over how terrific this season has been...I thought they'd be competitive and in the playoff hunt for sure, but Lemaire has really done a wonderful job with this team. Not much to complain about.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 08 December 2009 - 07:52 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#123 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,920 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:54 AM

Since I have DirecTV, I didn't get to see this one...dammit! I did get to see some highlights on NHL on the Fly, but that show never really gives me a true feel of how the game unfolded. Was last night a tough one for Marty? I know the Devils had a big shot edge, but I also know that can be misleading. There will always be morons who will say "Yeah, anyone can shut guys out if they're only facing 13 shots a game" or something like that, but those of us who've been watching since Game 1 of Marty's career know that's not true, so it doesn't matter.

8 goals in his last 15 for Rolston. Thank God! With that contract the Devils were stuck with him if he wasn't producing...25 to 30 goals suddenly isn't out of the question for Rolston.

My initial expectations for Bergfors were to 1) try to stay with the big club all season, 2) stay healthy, and 3) put up somewhere between 30 and 40 points. So far he's done 1 and 2, and exceeded 3 (he's currently on pace for 56 points, on 26 goals and 29 assists). It's still early and rookies can crash and burn or slump at any time, but he really has done a wonderful job helping to minimize Gio's leaving.

And just like that, the Devils find themselves 2nd in the NHL in goal differential. I can't get over how terrific this season has been...I thought they'd be competitive and in the playoff hunt for sure, but Lemaire has really done a wonderful job with this team. Not much to complain about.

He had 3-4 saves of the really good variety.... one of the HOLY sh!t level (I was on the other side of the arena, but when I saw it on the replay.... damn!).... Buffalo really looked like they called this one in when Miller let that second goal in (which was a BAD one too)...

I did find it funny that they reviewed a goal that would have made it 4-0... but they disallowed it which allowed me to heckle the fans left... HEY THAT WAS TEN YEARS LATE. NOW WASN'T IT???? :evil:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users