#221 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,972 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:47 AM

i believe henrik was performing mime after the game

If I had to guess, I'd say he was getting ready to perform a rectal exam on Avery.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#222 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

I just want to add, Rangers Suck! Avery swallows!, and queen henri is a big jerk! LOL
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#223 TheIceDog

TheIceDog

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

Hank's pads were awesome last night. The Devils need to take note how to beat "the pads", Fire the shot into the enormous leg pads, and you'll be left with a fat rebound. That and crashing the net gets HL'sPads gets him frustrated.Watch how he loses his cool when other teams (Not the Devils)Do it. :argh:

The key to beating the Queen (Lundy) is to continue to exploit his weak glove hand. Lundy can be counted upon to give up that killer late period goal and you can always smoke one high to his glove side.

Even a washed up Sergei Fedorov whistled one by Lundy's glove for the game winner in the playoff's last year for Washington. He came in from the right point and the entire world, including Lundy, knew exactly where he was going with that shot. Didn't make a difference as that weak glove hand was the difference maker in yet another loss for New York.

Since the Rangers won't be making the post season this year we won't have the pleasure of seeing that again.
"You're Next".......... Scott Stevens June 20, 1995

"The difference between the Devils and the Rangers? Simple. The Devils are chasing another Stanley Cup title. The Rangers? Well, they're just trying to win a hockey game."
M. Michael Talty February 27, 2009

#224 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

D'OH!

#225 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,491 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

meh the rangers will slide into the playoffs, don't you worry. bergeron hurt, savard already hurt, leighton possibly hurt - gaborik healthy. pretty typical stuff for them, someone will have a huge collapse like florida last year so they can weasel in there.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#226 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,972 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:59 PM

Yep, they still suck.

#227 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:58 PM

meh the rangers will slide into the playoffs, don't you worry. bergeron hurt, savard already hurt, leighton possibly hurt - gaborik healthy. pretty typical stuff for them, someone will have a huge collapse like florida last year so they can weasel in there.

This, and I'm getting sick of it. This is the third straight season they're gonna pull this crap off, and watch them give the Caps a run again after the Caps play three weeks of meaningless hockey and the Rangers have a mountain of pads in goal. How I miss the Rangers missing the playoff threads.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#228 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,238 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

This, and for as much as Lundqvist gets ripped on for his glove hand and pad size, the SOB does find a way to get his team into the playoffs. I think somehow they'll find themselves clinching in Game 81 or so yet again...which means Sather gets to keep his job.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#229 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:00 AM

I think somehow they'll find themselves clinching in Game 81 or so yet again...which means Sather gets to keep his job.

This, as it keeps the status quo of sucking at msg
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#230 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

as long as sather keeps his job, i'm all for rags making the playoffs.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#231 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,238 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:14 AM

Therein lies the paradox...would it be great to see the Rangers not make the playoffs? Of course it would...I'd love to see Tortorella's press conference for that one. But if they don't make, the Dolans might actually, FINALLY wake up and get someone who knows what the hell he's doing, even if it's by complete accident. Sather sticking around is a beautiful thing.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 17 March 2010 - 09:15 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#232 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

Getting Jokkinen sealed the deal.

No playoffs for the Rag$
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#233 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,856 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:09 PM

This, and for as much as Lundqvist gets ripped on for his glove hand and pad size, the SOB does find a way to get his team into the playoffs. I think somehow they'll find themselves clinching in Game 81 or so yet again...which means Sather gets to keep his job.

Last night showed they have zero heart. They are what they are. Inconsistent and 'immature" as Drury called them. It's over. The coach has embarrassed himself. My take on the debacle:

"In most cases, your record is who you are."-Dave Maloney 11:26 ET on FAN 3/16/10 with a furious Steve Somers

Sometimes, you are who you are. Or in the Rangers' case, they are what their 31-30-9 record says they are. As MSG Radio color analyst Dave Maloney diplomatically put it to WFAN's Steve Somers, that's how to describe our mediocre team following two straight wins, including one of the best of the season couldn't be bothered to show in another must win against Les Habitants.

For everything they did well Sunday versus Philly is how much at the opposite end of the spectrum they were last night. Bipolar is a good way to describe this mismatched roster, poorly constructed by The Savior. This is what you get. When the much reserved captain Chris Drury calls them out as he did to NYSD's Joe McDonald following the 3-1 embarrassment that wasn't even close, it speaks volumes.

They are who they are

My final contribution on 2009-10:

"The Life Of A Ranger Fan"
by Derek Felix AKA D Flex

There once was a team
Who were completely whacked
Sucking fans in
While players slacked

If only one could truly escape
From the pain and misery
Maybe then we'd see the light
Instead of feeling apathy

Such is the life of a Ranger fan
Dazed and confused
In Jazzy Jim's MSG foreign land
All boozed singing the blues

Watching and rooting for a miracle
To finally take place
Ruling over the nonsensical
That leaves us with empty faces

Disappointment is something we know well
Always leaving us with broken hearts
If only Slats were gone and Dolan would sell
It'd finally feel like a fresh start

Loyal to a fault
Corporate stench over the common man
Time to put it to a halt

We still go because it's in our genes
Never say die
Even if we're a bunch of crack fiends
Who are left pondering why

Always waiting for the other shoe to drop
Cause it's in our brains
As our team plays keystone cops
And the heavens open full of rain

Boos raining down
May as well be Peter Pan
As team ornament Larry dances like a clown

Nonsense is all we know
Anything to take the spotlight off
Stick kids, Garden of Dreams always shown
Winning secondary, pass the Zooloft

Just once it'd be nice to actually win
Instead of being lied to
As Dumb and Dumber commit every sin
Making ya wonder if they sniffed too much glue

Where again the end is near
Courtesy of these also rans
It's wait till next year

Edited by Derek21, 17 March 2010 - 03:13 PM.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#234 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,972 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:31 PM

Posted Image

Bumparoo.

Edited by MadDog2020, 18 March 2010 - 09:31 PM.

#235 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:10 AM

Therein lies the paradox...would it be great to see the Rangers not make the playoffs? Of course it would...I'd love to see Tortorella's press conference for that one. But if they don't make, the Dolans might actually, FINALLY wake up and get someone who knows what the hell he's doing, even if it's by complete accident. Sather sticking around is a beautiful thing.

well if we can just get the rags the 8th spot, we can enjoy the caps demolishing them again.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#236 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:34 AM

Caps didn't quite demolish the Rangers last year, unless you're talking about something else.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#237 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:39 AM

i meant this year they would. scratch again.

martyb.jpg

#238 Middlesex

Middlesex

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:11 AM

Posted Image

Bumparoo.

ftw!
NJDevs resident MMA expert and the only ice hockey goalie ever to fight his own defenseman.

NHL: Brodeur, Madden, Ovechkin, Janssen, Elias, Kovalchuk, Pelley, Sugulobov, Tendenby, Terreri
MMA: St. Pierre, Mir, Machida, Mitrione, Edgar, Sotiropoulous, Mr. Wonderful, Bones, Struve
NFL: Manning, Jacobs, Matt Bryant, Favre

3-0 Game Day Threads.

Est. 1990: Crawling on the carpet in '95, listening to Game 6 on the radio in '00 (past my bedtime), Attended Game 1 in '03

#239 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

The 2003 draft, of course, brings a smile to the face of every Devils fan. We got Parise, "they" got Jessiman. (One of my guilty pleasures is to go to a Rangers board and do a search for Hugh Jessiman). Here's what Hockey's Future had to say about Jessiman at the time. Money quote:

He'll be a fan favorite in no time.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#240 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,491 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

The 2003 draft, of course, brings a smile to the face of every Devils fan. We got Parise, "they" got Jessiman. (One of my guilty pleasures is to go to a Rangers board and do a search for Hugh Jessiman). Here's what Hockey's Future had to say about Jessiman at the time. Money quote:

the one thing i had the balls to yell out at MSG when i was there for devils-rangers in january when they were all bitching about parise was (somewhat esoterically) 'he's no hugh jessiman!'. some rangers fan turns around and says 'yeah it kills me they picked him. like in 75 when they took lucien deblois and ron duguay ahead of mike bossy'. ah, the long-suffering blueskirt supporter.

in all seriousness had the rangers taken even a player who was average for that 2003 1st round (and average for that 1st round is like... nikolai zherdev), they were probably a cup contender in 2007. but they didn't, because jessiman grew up a rangers fan and that was just too much to pass on. lol @ the rangers.

Edited by Triumph, 19 March 2010 - 04:24 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users