342 replies to this topic

#241 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

The 2003 draft, of course, brings a smile to the face of every Devils fan. We got Parise, "they" got Jessiman. (One of my guilty pleasures is to go to a Rangers board and do a search for Hugh Jessiman). Here's what Hockey's Future had to say about Jessiman at the time. Money quote:

The best quote I ever saw there from that time was a Ranger fan willing to put money on who would end up being the better pick, and said Parise would never score more than 20 goals, mark his words.

I, too, am conflicted over how I want their season to go. If they miss the playoffs I'll no doubt be happy, but that might lead to some kind of change, but who knows, maybe that change would be even worse! Maybe Dolan will say "hey I liked the spunk of that Millbury guy I saw while switching from the gold medal game to the NBA on ABC. He looks like he'd be a hit with our customers." If they make the playoffs, it's for one reason only, ol' barn door pads, and that bothers me too. If they do that, then that just continues them on their road to mediocrity and middle of the road draft picks that they'll rush to NY.

I still say they make it. Compare their schedule to Boston's and Atlanta's and you'll see why. They'll make it and hopefully that will be good enough for not much to change there.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#242 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

The 2003 draft, of course, brings a smile to the face of every Devils fan. We got Parise, "they" got Jessiman. (One of my guilty pleasures is to go to a Rangers board and do a search for Hugh Jessiman). Here's what Hockey's Future had to say about Jessiman at the time. Money quote:

Hahah! Just for kicks I dug up the Devils draft review from that year. Also put a smile on my face... "Parise has “superstar” written all over him." TRUE.
Posted Image

#243 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

bump

rangers are going to have a real hard time making it now that they are 5 points out and boston has a game in hand. if boston goes 4-6-1 down the stretch, the rangers need 14 points in 10 games, or 7-3-0 or 6-2-2. it's just real hard to imagine this rangers team winning 7 of 10.

Edited by Triumph, 21 March 2010 - 02:07 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#244 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

Was anyone watching that game? Rosival retrieved the puck in his own end with about 5 seconds left and skated slowly to it and just stood there with it till the horn sounded. Rangers have already given up, and it looks like they will be playing some golf soon.

P.S. Henrik stormed off the ice again and had another hissy fit. I wouldn't blame him to ask for a trade next season or something.

Edited by skullsmasher, 21 March 2010 - 02:13 PM.

#245 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

bump

rangers are going to have a real hard time making it now that they are 5 points out and boston has a game in hand. if boston goes 4-6-1 down the stretch, the rangers need 14 points in 10 games, or 7-3-0 or 6-2-2. it's just real hard to imagine this rangers team winning 7 of 10.

That and they have to account for Atlanta now on top of it...two points back of even ninth and the Thrashers also have a game in hand. Atlanta does have a killer April schedule though, with two games against the Caps and Penguins and a home game against us.

#246 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

That and they have to account for Atlanta now on top of it...two points back of even ninth and the Thrashers also have a game in hand. Atlanta does have a killer April schedule though, with two games against the Caps and Penguins and a home game against us.

Atlanta will definitely have a little extra motivation for its home game against us. I could see Atlanta scoring five goals in that game.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#247 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

they're done. the firings must be imminent.

Carolina is withing 1-3 points of them, depending on how the game in hand goes.

#248 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

they're done. the firings must be imminent.

Carolina is withing 1-3 points of them, depending on how the game in hand goes.

If you're going to count Carolina then you have to count Tampa and Florida as well. Florida is actually tied with the Rangers if they win both games in hand.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#249 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

If you're going to count Carolina then you have to count Tampa and Florida as well. Florida is actually tied with the Rangers if they win both games in hand.

Carolina is winning their games, though. Florida and especially Tampa, not so much.

#250 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

Carolina is winning their games, though. Florida and especially Tampa, not so much.

And any of that could instantly turn around tomorrow. If all you had to do to figure out who wins the next bunch of games was just who won the prior bunch of games we could all be millionaires sports gambling.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#251 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

Rangers are done at this point. Boston would have to collapse hard to let them in.

I used to think of Lundqvist as a career Ranger but with his reactions and disgust the last few seasons it wouldn't surprise me if he requested a trade or signed elsewhere in a few years if conditions remained the same.

#252 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

Rangers are done at this point. Boston would have to collapse hard to let them in.

I used to think of Lundqvist as a career Ranger but with his reactions and disgust the last few seasons it wouldn't surprise me if he requested a trade or signed elsewhere in a few years if conditions remained the same.

I could easily see Tortorella pulling a Mario Tremblay on Lundqvist, he already embarassed him by taking him out of the Devils game and he's never been best friends with his goalies :lol:

#253 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

The way it's shaping up the Devils have a good chance to deal the Rangers season a death blow on 3/25.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#254 matcat1116

matcat1116

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

The way it's shaping up the Devils have a good chance to deal the Rangers season a death blow on 3/25.

Isles @ Rags 3/24
Rags @ Devils 3/25

Hopefully my two favorite clubs can double-team those fvcking clowns. Two L's in two days to the lowly Islanders and Devils will have raggy fans collapsing in their chairs.
Posted Image

#255 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

Atlanta will definitely have a little extra motivation for its home game against us. I could see Atlanta scoring five goals in that game.

You so hope so don't you :rolleyes:

#256 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

Isles @ Rags 3/24
Rags @ Devils 3/25

Hopefully my two favorite clubs can double-team those fvcking clowns. Two L's in two days to the lowly Islanders and Devils will have raggy fans collapsing in their chairs.

Oh how great that would be to see! The season ending 2 day event! First watch the rags lose to their bitter rivals in 3-D!! Reach out and touch the end of the season. Then, watch as the devils chase the towel beater out of the Rock again! Maybe they can have some kind of 3-D broadcast where the Rangers "throw the towel" right into your living room!

Hey...it says leave logic at the door.

And here it is: your moment of Zen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuuyoJp9Lg4

</season>

Edited by skullsmasher, 21 March 2010 - 08:30 PM.

#257 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:04 AM

Is anybody else thrilled or suprised that this will be the 14th time in 19 seasons under Glen Sather, that the rags will finish with more losses than wins, and will miss the playoffs, again? Way to go blue skirts, way to go.

#258 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:42 AM

i really hope this doesn't cost sather his job, other than that, i'm all for it. i hope we mathematically eliminate them.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#259 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:42 AM

So... The Devils could really put an end to their season on thursday?! lets bury them right out of the playoffs!!!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#260 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

We just need to convince Sather they're just one more aging vet away from fixing everything. Maybe they could pay Jagr a lot of money again to come back and say 'hi' to Ovie once more. Don't forget to sign Jokinen too. Don't get crazy though, all the pieces are there. Just one more over the hill gracefully aging former scorer will do the trick Slats!
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users