342 replies to this topic

#21 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:38 PM

Its not much fun when the younger bother really kicks the sh*t out of the older one. You at least want them to fight back a little right?

I suppose ... but there's a special place in my heart for the 23-game unbeaten streak in the late 1990s to early 2000s. Good times.

#22 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:45 PM

I suppose ... but there's a special place in my heart for the 23-game unbeaten streak in the late 1990s to early 2000s. Good times.

that was incredible - i remember going to many of those games, both in NJ and NY and everyone in the building knew it - it was as thick as honey that unbeaten streak.

the rangers always like to fancy themselves the yankees of the NHL.

i think the Mets is more appropriate (sorry Has).

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#23 Middlesex

Middlesex

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

First things first: anyone who thinks Tri is being literal with his initial post here is missing his point. He's trying to show that Devils fans are overly obsessed with the Rangers and their shortcomings, and he's sarcastically taking the "if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach. I really haven't seen that much Ranger stuff on here this year, and even the overwrought "Rangers suck!" chant is dying down at the Rock, so I don't think that obsession is as strong as it's been in seasons past.

a good rivalry usually consists of 2 teams being good. Silly Rags 1994 aint gonna cut it forever
NJDevs resident MMA expert and the only ice hockey goalie ever to fight his own defenseman.

NHL: Brodeur, Madden, Ovechkin, Janssen, Elias, Kovalchuk, Pelley, Sugulobov, Tendenby, Terreri
MMA: St. Pierre, Mir, Machida, Mitrione, Edgar, Sotiropoulous, Mr. Wonderful, Bones, Struve
NFL: Manning, Jacobs, Matt Bryant, Favre

3-0 Game Day Threads.

Est. 1990: Crawling on the carpet in '95, listening to Game 6 on the radio in '00 (past my bedtime), Attended Game 1 in '03

#24 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:33 PM

the rangers always like to fancy themselves the yankees of the NHL.

The difference being is that the Yankees are indeed successful in buying championships. I don't think they've won one without purchasing it.

The Rangers, try as they might, fail in this endeavor.

#25 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,757 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:38 PM

wow, patrick kaleta wins a game for buffalo against the rangers and he didn't even draw a 2 5 and 10 from paul mara to do it

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#26 funetiklee

funetiklee

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

I skimmed through a Rangers bloggers recap of yesterdays game and chuckled when I got to the bottom:

Labels: buffalo sabres, disappointing, disgrace, disgusting, fire tortorella, New York Rangers

anyway he opened with this

I heard "Let's Go Mets!" twice walking out of the Garden tonight and "at least we have the Mets" once.

When you are a New York sports fan and you are looking forward to Mets baseball, then there is something seriously, seriously wrong. And there are many things seriously, seriously wrong with the New York Rangers right now.

#27 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

I expect the Rangers to go on an extended winning streak soon as a result of this thread.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#28 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:07 AM

I hate how the Rangers are one of the worst if not the worst run team in the NHL and no one says boo.
Posted Image

#29 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:08 AM

It's funny reading some Rangers board these days. Seeing them going from "OMG we has Gaborikx we're winning teh Cupzz!!!1oneone" to "We should just tank and get a higher draft pick" mode is just priceless. :evil:

#30 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:16 AM

I hate how the Rangers are one of the worst if not the worst run team in the NHL and no one says boo.

Their fans sure say boo, usually at every home game.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#31 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:20 AM

I always did think his legend was just a bit overblown. The Rangers did have to go out and make a bunch of costly trades and recruit a whole lot of ex-Oilers to win that Cup. At least the Devils built their own identity in winning theirs. They didn't have to go out and borrow someone else's.

Let's not forget his guarantees that he would bring the Canucks to the playoffs, and that he would bring the Rangers back to the playoffs when he returned to New York! Nobody ever mentions those guarantees. Nobody ever mentions that he demanded to wear 11 in Vancouver even though the number was unofficially retired for a player who passed away.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#32 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

It's funny reading some Rangers board these days. Seeing them going from "OMG we has Gaborikx we're winning teh Cupzz!!!1oneone" to "We should just tank and get a higher draft pick" mode is just priceless. :evil:

Oh fvck no, not another Pittsburgh :puke:

#33 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,757 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:31 PM

I expect the Rangers to go on an extended winning streak soon as a result of this thread.

well so far that's not happened. the rangers lose yet again, although they did break their schneid of 200+ minutes without an even strength goal.

#34 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,324 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

BWAHAHAHAHA those fvcking losers went like 260 minutes without scoring an even-strength goal!!!!! fvcking dipsh!ts!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#35 funetiklee

funetiklee

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:56 PM

i'm watching the rangers post game. sh!ts like watching a funeral. lol

#36 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,757 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:58 PM

wade redden got 12:27 of ice time tonight. what a hilarious disaster.

#37 funetiklee

funetiklee

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

gaborik played over 26 minutes in the first game of a home and home.

hey tortorella, you can yell and scream and curse all you want and talk about lack of effort but then you go ahead and reward the lack of effort with more ice time. He basically ran 6 forwards all night.
hilarious disaster indeed.

#38 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

post game press conference w/ torts = must see tv :rant:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#39 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

post game press conference w/ torts = must see tv :rant:

Most of his interviews are must see TV when his team loses, very unprofessional man.
Posted Image

#40 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

LOL REDDEN. The disaster that is Redden is even more delicious than we imagined it would be when he got signed.

I honestly expected the Rangers to do BETTER than last year, but wtf was I thinking lol. It's double fun in my house again, I only enjoy watching Rangers games when they lose. I need to get Lundqvist off my fantasy team.

It's too bad the Rags keep playing on Devils game days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users