• Please log in to reply
342 replies to this topic

#41 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

I will add my first post to this great thread by stating that Mark Messier is a fvcking f*ggot. I wouldn't piss on that cock-sucker if he was on fire. You want bile Tri, you got bile. I have plenty of it for that heaping pile of donkey-sh!t organization.

Yeah!!...what he said
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#42 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:47 PM

Seriously though what the hell happened to Redden? He had some sick numbers for a while from 2000 to 2006.

Oh he was playing with Chara duh.

#43 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

Seriously though what the hell happened to Redden? He had some sick numbers for a while from 2000 to 2006.

Oh he was playing with Chara duh.

He took the money and ran (instead of skated)

They are paying him like more money than Marty makes

BAHAHAHHAAHA
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#44 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

It's really unbelievable lolololol.

#45 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:35 PM

I have the Ranger replay on ... fans got the "Fire Sather" chants going at least twice ... not acknowledged by Homer Joe and Sam Shill.

#46 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

Joe Micetti makes Sam Rosen seem like Mike miller. I hate joe's homerism, but sam rosen is more divided. all though, saying a good play, good pass to every single play is annyoing!
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#47 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

Torts is going to run Gaborik into the ground with that kind of ice time. Either that or get him hurt in the process.

Similiar to how he burned Lacavalier and St. Louis out in 2007. That's how he coaches. He runs his top players out there with some unbelieveable TOI and forgets he has 1-2 other lines.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#48 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,725 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:51 PM

Similiar to how he burned Lacavalier and St. Louis out in 2007. That's how he coaches. He runs his top players out there with some unbelieveable TOI and forgets he has 1-2 other lines.

on the rangers, he doesn't. it's either do that or play the corpse of chris drury or the corpse-like ales kotalik. can you imagine being the coach of the rangers? expansion team coaches have an easier time - at least those guys are fighting to keep a job.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#49 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:57 AM

I feel like I'm missing a player that was on the Rangers roster last year and is not this year. Is there a place that has old rosters of teams? I tried looking through trans logs but free agents leaving doesn't really show up on a team's trans log.

#50 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:16 AM

I feel like I'm missing a player that was on the Rangers roster last year and is not this year. Is there a place that has old rosters of teams? I tried looking through trans logs but free agents leaving doesn't really show up on a team's trans log.

Zherdev? Gomez? Naslund? Mara? Betts? Dawes? Kalinin? Korpikorski? Prucha? Morris? Orr? Antropov? Sjostrom? Rismiller? Reitz?

I think those are the major ones.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#51 GOLDJR41

GOLDJR41

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:11 AM

Zherdev? Gomez? Naslund? Mara? Betts? Dawes? Kalinin? Korpikorski? Prucha? Morris? Orr? Antropov? Sjostrom? Rismiller? Reitz?

Prucha scored 2 tonight...Rangers scored 1
Langs is the captain, deal with it.

If Doc Emrick, who called yesterday's Bruins-Rangers on NBC, were a national network's lead baseball or football play-by-player, he would be widely known as among the finest in the history of television.

#52 Crisis

Crisis

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:18 AM

Attention:

The Rangers suck.

That is all.
"People said his brain was infected by Devils."
Posted Image

#53 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:42 AM

Anyone see the stunt Avery pulled tonight? I bet the fans will defend his actions like they always do.
Posted Image

#54 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:51 AM

on the rangers, he doesn't. it's either do that or play the corpse of chris drury or the corpse-like ales kotalik. can you imagine being the coach of the rangers? expansion team coaches have an easier time - at least those guys are fighting to keep a job.

26 minutes is insane, that's Bure minutes. at least bag skate the other losers so they know what it's like. although I got a feeling something more bizarre than that is on the way.

it could be worse for the Rangers, I guess. at least they can say they lost to Roloson. I was kinda hoping Biron played when I saw the score.

#55 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:27 AM

Damn. That's a bigger list than I thought.

They really miss a guy like Zherdev, who can produce on the second line. The way they're playing Gaborik is downright scary. I can't even imagine what the team would be like if they had Ovechkin. If they keep this up and he's not injured by the Olympics I want to know what they did with the Gaborik that played in Minnesota.

Their defense is just fun to watch at this point.

#56 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:18 AM

Damn. That's a bigger list than I thought.

They really miss a guy like Zherdev, who can produce on the second line. The way they're playing Gaborik is downright scary. I can't even imagine what the team would be like if they had Ovechkin. If they keep this up and he's not injured by the Olympics I want to know what they did with the Gaborik that played in Minnesota.

Their defense is just fun to watch at this point.

Don't make a big deal out of Zherdev. He pretty much disappeared as the season went on, and was invisible in a lot of games. What does it tell you when no one took a chance on a 24-year-old (drafted 4th overall in 2003) who, despite his shortcomings, has shown occasional flashes?

I'm starting to wonder if Torts' act is starting to wear thin in that locker room. He comes across as a real blowhard in his postgame conferences...almost like a bad actor, playing the role of the foul-mouthed coach who doesn't take no guff from no one.

Anyway, they're now 7-16-3 in their last 26 games. The Hurricanes are 6-15-5. 17 points each. Outstanding.

I'm not putting much stock in this, but Boomer and Craig on the WFAN just reported that a source told them that Sather will lose his job if the Rangers lose tonight. I hope it doesn't happen...I'd love to see the Dolans continue to put misguided faith in a complete fvck-up like Sather.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#57 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:36 AM

Don't make a big deal out of Zherdev. He pretty much disappeared as the season went on, and was invisible in a lot of games. What does it tell you when no one took a chance on a 24-year-old (drafted 4th overall in 2003) who, despite his shortcomings, has shown occasional flashes?

I'm starting to wonder if Torts' act is starting to wear thin in that locker room. He comes across as a real blowhard in his postgame conferences...almost like a bad actor, playing the role of the foul-mouthed coach who doesn't take no guff from no one.

Anyway, they're now 7-16-3 in their last 26 games. The Hurricanes are 6-15-5. 17 points each. Outstanding.

I'm not putting much stock in this, but Boomer and Craig on the WFAN just reported that a source told them that Sather will lose his job if the Rangers lose tonight. I hope it doesn't happen...I'd love to see the Dolans continue to put misguided faith in a complete fvck-up like Sather.

At this point I think Torts is going to be on the hot seat as well. I know it's not really Tortorella's fault, but the loosing streak that caused Tom Renney to loose his job last year wasn't his fault either. In the end it's really nobodies fault. The team as a whole, other than maybe Hank and Maryann, are not playing the way they should. I can assure you though, if the rangers loose tonight again against the Islanders, "something" is going to happen. Whether that something is someone getting fired or not is something we will have to wait and see. All I know is I'll be watching tonight and cheering on the Iles!

#58 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,473 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:41 AM

Its funny I go back and forth about which team I hate more, Rags or Flyers.. I work in Trenton now, so there are alot of Philly fans there so my Flyer hatred is growing again, after having worked w/ rags fans for the last 3 years...

good day, devils win, or flyers lose or rags lose...

Great day all of the above...

BTW did I hear the stat right last night, Rags have scored 2 or fewer goals in 8 of last 10???
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#59 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:58 AM

At this point I think Torts is going to be on the hot seat as well. I know it's not really Tortorella's fault, but the loosing streak that caused Tom Renney to loose his job last year wasn't his fault either. In the end it's really nobodies fault. The team as a whole, other than maybe Hank and Maryann, are not playing the way they should. I can assure you though, if the rangers loose tonight again against the Islanders, "something" is going to happen. Whether that something is someone getting fired or not is something we will have to wait and see. All I know is I'll be watching tonight and cheering on the Iles!

loose = not tight
lose = not winning

Sorry, but when I see people substituting "loose" for "lose" that makes me crazy.

As for who's at fault...Sather definitely deserves a lot of it, for assembling flawed roster after flawed roster, and for showing zilch in creativity department (oh, that guy is a big name...SIGN HIM UP!)...though he did somehow manage to dump Gomez's contract. Regarding the current roster, it's probably not as bad as this 7-16-3 stretch would lead you to believe, but looking at this group I guess it can't expected to be much better than a few games over .500 for the season. They've got some dreadful contracts (Drury, Redden, Rozsival), guys who've been erratic over the course of their careers (Prospal: career -60, Kotalik: career -37), and young guys who aren't there yet...we may have already seen a guy like Dubinsky's best.

I gotta think that if Sather is shown the door any time soon, Torts probably follows him. If anything, Torts hasn't shown me any ability to make adjustments or squeeze points out of his teams. Like Tri said, he doesn't exactly have the easiest job either...his roster is loaded with fat cats who are getting big paychecks no matter how little they produce.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#60 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:06 AM

BTW did I hear the stat right last night, Rags have scored 2 or fewer goals in 8 of last 10???

Here's an even more telling breakdown:

First 12 GP (8-3-1): 46 GF (3.83 GPG)
Last 21 GP (6-13-2): 43 GF (2.05 GPG)...eliminate 2 phantom goals for two SO wins, and they've actually averged LESS than two goals per game over their last 21 GP (1.95). That's pretty hard to do.

BTW Lunqvist has to be losing his mind...he's given up 11 goals in his last 6 GP and has put up a save% of .938, and he's 1-3-2 in those games. How much better can he be expected to play?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 17 December 2009 - 09:12 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users