342 replies to this topic

#61 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:12 AM

Rangers.... how can an entire organization ... for HOW MANY YEARS? As long as I've been watching... and I was watching at 4!! they ARE an assclown.
The organization is an ass. I mean it BOGGLES THE MIND. Just HOW???? HOW HOW HWOW help me out here... HEY... oh RATS... I forgot about that book signing ... I was just thinking maybe Stan could say...

Scott Stevens -- go get me a copy of that book - signed and then you sign it - to my biggest most adorable and weirdly helpful psycho fan who has driven me to a psycho episode & actually send her this book... PM me Scotty and I'll tell you my work address. Do you even visit here any more :saddevil: ... hmmph... <_< ...

anyhow -- RANGERS ...well -- they just go beyond sucking... it's like they're FAKE - not even a real team... :noclue: it's WEIRD! It's really starting to bug me this year it's so INEXPLICABLE. I hate that -- I hate when something is ... just weird - makes ZERO sense and is SOOOOO CONSISTANTLY WEIRD no matter who's at the helm -who's on the ice... it's just weird you all. Stan MUST have thoughts on this....

oh yeah -- and to Stevens.. please? :giggle: Geoff - Mike -- get your brother on that (in case my psychic messages are crossed and it's you guys reading).

Why do ENJOY being weird? :argh: I despair of me.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 17 December 2009 - 09:14 AM.

I'm here for the party

#62 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:18 AM

I *heart* pk

:wub:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#63 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:24 AM

I'm not putting much stock in this, but Boomer and Craig on the WFAN just reported that a source told them that Sather will lose his job if the Rangers lose tonight.

NO, SAVE THE SATHER!

#64 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,447 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

there's no way they'll fire sather, if they didn't fire him before the lockout - what happened this year is nothing compared to that

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#65 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:12 AM

there's no way they'll fire sather, if they didn't fire him before the lockout - what happened this year is nothing compared to that

Every man has his breaking point. Even Jimmy Dolan.

#66 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

keep sather .. keep mediocrity alive across the river...
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#67 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:44 AM

I hope sather is in charge of the rags forever.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#68 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,118 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

Check out this smattering of individual numbers over the Rangers' last 9 GP (they're 1-6-2 over that stretch)...this is expansion team-type stuff. As a team the Rangers have managed 15 GF over the 9 GP:

Gaborik: 4 G, 5 A, -2
Prospal: 0 G, 3 A, -5
Kotalik: 0 G, 2 A, -4
Del Zotto: 0 G, 4 A, -10
Anisimov: 0 G, 2 A, -2
Drury: 0 G, 2 A, -6
Avery: 0 G, 2 A, +1
Rozsival: 1 G, 1 A, -3
Callahan: 4 G, 1 A, -6
Staal: 1 G, 3 A, -2
Higgins: 2 G, 1 A, -6
Girardi: 0 G, 1 A, -7

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 17 December 2009 - 11:11 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#69 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:28 AM

Didn't Avery score the game winner for the Isles last night.... :yea:
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#70 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:31 AM

Now I hear there are "Fire Sather" chants at the Garden, although I don't know for how long. That appeared to be the final straw for Isiah, so maybe it'll be the same for Sather. And if you think about it, the similarities between Isiah and Sather are kind of eery. Both the Knicks and the Rangers were underachieiving teams with huge cap problems caused by wildly overpriced contracts for marginal players. The Knicks cleared house and now there appears to be light at the end of that tunnel of darkness. Maybe Dolan thinks the same thing will work for the Rangers.

In any event, I could see this as some kind of intentionally planted false rumor to light a fire under the likes of Redden, Rosival and Drury. A new GM with orders to clean house will either send some or all of them down to Hartford for the remainder of their days (to the extent that it's possible) to clear up cap space or do everything humanly possible to trade them to a less desirable location.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#71 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

In any event, I could see this as some kind of intentionally planted false rumor to light a fire under the likes of Redden, Rosival and Drury. A new GM with orders to clean house will either send some or all of them down to Hartford for the remainder of their days (to the extent that it's possible) to clear up cap space or do everything humanly possible to trade them to a less desirable location.

Drury has a no movement clause, so they can't even waive him down. I'm not sure about Redden and Roszival. Also, the rags might have tons of money, but even so, eating what amounts to be $30+ million is painful, especially when the rags will fill their arena no matter how much they suck. Dolan would probably rather keep that money in his pocket.

Edited by Amberite, 17 December 2009 - 11:52 AM.

#72 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:55 AM

Drury has a no movement clause, so they can't even waive him down. I'm not sure about Redden and Roszival. Also, the rags might have tons of money, but even so, eating what amounts to be over $10 million is painful, especially when the rags will fill their arena no matter how much they suck. Dolan would probably rather keep that money in his pocket.

For all of his faults, I see Dolan as a Steinbrenner-like figure (although with much less in the smarts category), willing to make less, or even lose money, if it means bringing in a winner. He was willing to spend as much as it took to win when there was no cap (albeit poorly), so I don't see him as too reluctant to eat a bad contract if his GM said it was in the best interests of the teams. Teams in other sports eat bad contracts all the time, I don't see the Rangers as being much different.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#73 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:37 PM

In any event, I could see this as some kind of intentionally planted false rumor to light a fire under the likes of Redden, Rosival and Drury.

Those guys probably don't care about the GM enough to save him. That's just a guess.

Drury is probably decimated by the concussions. He has almost nothing left. You could explode an M80 under his butt, and it wouldn't make much difference. If he really cared about Sather he would do what Markus Naslund did -- retire.

#74 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,118 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:42 PM

Now I hear there are "Fire Sather" chants at the Garden, although I don't know for how long. That appeared to be the final straw for Isiah, so maybe it'll be the same for Sather. And if you think about it, the similarities between Isiah and Sather are kind of eery. Both the Knicks and the Rangers were underachieiving teams with huge cap problems caused by wildly overpriced contracts for marginal players. The Knicks cleared house and now there appears to be light at the end of that tunnel of darkness. Maybe Dolan thinks the same thing will work for the Rangers.

"Fire Sather" chants are nothing new...Sather's been hearing that on and off for years. The Isiah-Sather comparison is a bit off, in that Sather had at least overseen a highly successful regime before joining the Rangers. Thomas merely added to an already laughably pathetic post-player career as a Knick GM and coach.

But it's safe to say that whatever currency that his Oiler dynasty days have bought him was spent a long time ago. He's been considered a buffoon in many circles now for several years, dating back to before the lockout, and although the team isn't as bad as it was pre-lockout, they still don't look like they're anywhere being a real SC contender, and may even be taking steps backward.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#75 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

Check out this smattering of individual numbers over the Rangers' last 9 GP (they're 1-6-2 over that stretch)...this is expansion team-type stuff. As a team the Rangers have managed 15 GF over the 9 GP:

Gaborik: 4 G, 5 A, -2
Prospal: 0 G, 3 A, -5
Kotalik: 0 G, 2 A, -4
Del Zotto: 0 G, 4 A, -10
Anisimov: 0 G, 2 A, -2
Drury: 0 G, 2 A, -6
Avery: 0 G, 2 A, +1
Rozsival: 1 G, 1 A, -3
Callahan: 4 G, 1 A, -6
Staal: 1 G, 3 A, -2
Higgins: 2 G, 1 A, -6
Girardi: 0 G, 1 A, -7

That shows how much they have been relying on one player. Must be why they are LOSING.

Look at the goals for this team going back to the begining of the season:

Marian Gaborik 23
Ryan Callahan 7
Vinny Prospal 6
Ales Kotalik 6

After that there are 7 players with 4-5 goals, but having your number 1 player have more goals then number number 2, 3, and 4 combined is a recipe for disaster. Teams that rely on 1 player don't win cups. At this point I want the Islanders to win only to see what the rags do. Sather should have been fired a long time ago, maybe now is the time. The team is a joke, they've been "rebuilding" for about 100 years now, maybe it's time to just give up.

#76 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,118 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:07 PM

Rangers.... how can an entire organization ... for HOW MANY YEARS? As long as I've been watching... and I was watching at 4!! they ARE an assclown.
The organization is an ass. I mean it BOGGLES THE MIND. Just HOW???? HOW HOW HWOW
help me out here... HEY... oh RATS... I forgot about that book signing ... I was just thinking maybe Stan could say...

Scott Stevens -- go get me a copy of that book - signed and then you sign it - to my biggest most adorable and weirdly helpful psycho fan who has driven me to a psycho episode & actually send her this book... PM me Scotty and I'll tell you my work address. Do you even visit here any more :saddevil: ... hmmph... <_< ...

anyhow -- RANGERS ...well -- they just go beyond sucking... it's like they're FAKE - not even a real team... :noclue: it's WEIRD! It's really starting to bug me this year it's so INEXPLICABLE. I hate that -- I hate when something is ... just weird - makes ZERO sense and is SOOOOO CONSISTANTLY WEIRD no matter who's at the helm -who's on the ice... it's just weird you all. Stan MUST have thoughts on this....

oh yeah -- and to Stevens.. please? :giggle: Geoff - Mike -- get your brother on that (in case my psychic messages are crossed and it's you guys reading).

Why do ENJOY being weird? :argh: I despair of me.

How, you ask? It's not really so hard to grasp. When you have an ownership that doesn't hold anyone accountable at any level, this is what happens. Re: that list of players I posted, not one of them has seen the bench or been scratched. Clearly some of them, like Gaborik, shouldn't be, but there are guys on that roster who deserve to be healthy scratches, if for no other reason than to show them that their place in the lineup isn't guaranteed.

Torts really seems like a guy who's trying to hold guys accountable, but he simply comes off more comical than threatening. He wouldn't scare me in the slightest if I was a Blowshirt fat cat.

#30 FOREVER!

#77 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:11 PM

That's cause they "rebuild" the same way; throw lots of money at guys just on the other side of the hill. They caught lightning in 1994 and have tried to repeat that ever since. I'm really surprised Gaborik hasn't gone down already. to be honest I hope he doesn't, he's a fascinating player to watch and as long as no one else can score, they'll struggle to get that magical third goal.
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#78 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:15 PM

Torts really seems like a guy who's trying to hold guys accountable, but he simply comes off more comical than threatening. He wouldn't scare me in the slightest if I was a Blowshirt fat cat.

He scratched Redden and Kotalik -- that's about $9 million right there! http://nyrangersblog...dqvist-8th.html

#79 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,118 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:17 PM

That shows how much they have been relying on one player. Must be why they are LOSING.

Gaborik has figured in on 48% of the 87 Ranger (non-shootout) goals scored this season. Yeah, that's a great way to have a guy up on the leaderboards...and a team out of the top 8 in its conference.

He scratched Redden and Kotalik -- that's about $9 million right there! http://nyrangersblog...dqvist-8th.html

About friggin' time.

#30 FOREVER!

#80 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

Gaborik has figured in on 48% of the 87 Ranger (non-shootout) goals scored this season.

Wow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users