Photo

Greetings from south Louisiana (the other LA!)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

Hello to you all.

Longtime Devils fan here. Just came across this forum doing a search and thought I'd join. Been looking for a place to hang out and talk Devils hockey. Not many folks share my interest around here.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#2 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

How the heck did you become a Devils fan in La ?

#3 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:19 PM

Well around '96 we got an ECHL team (Louisiana Icegators). Good team set lots of ECHL attendance records etc. etc..

Well our fairweather fan city ended up losing the team but the hockey bug bit me then. I started watching the game closer and playing in an local league which I still do. The first NHL player that I enjoyed watching was Scott Stevens. And once I started following the Devils that was that.

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#4 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:53 PM

See, reading stories like this is just fantastic! Who the hell would have thought that ANYONE is Louisiana cared about hockey, but to find a Devils fan there is amazing.. :clap:

I hope you have a jersey or flag to represent the team!

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#5 funetiklee

funetiklee

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

Welcome.. well we have one thing in common, we're both from the swamps.

#6 gionta182

gionta182

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:23 AM

Hello to you all.

Longtime Devils fan here. Just came across this forum doing a search and thought I'd join. Been looking for a place to hang out and talk Devils hockey. Not many folks share my interest around here.

Welcome! I actually have a friend from Baton Rouge who's a big Devils fan too.
"I was just happy I didn't have anymore facial damage. Luckily it was Mike Mottau shooting the puck; He can't hurt a fly with that shot." - Devils center Bobby Holik after being credited with a goal against the Ducks on 1/11/09 after a puck deflected off his helmet and into the net

#7 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

That's pretty cool! I'm going to Baton Rouge tonight to play a Christmas party.

I'll throw up a few pics of my jerseys a little later.

Welcome.. well we have one thing in common, we're both from the swamps.

Nice!

#8 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:30 AM

Not many folks share my interest around here...

...well we share at least 1 here. Welcome. :D

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users