#1 puck

puck

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 03:26 PM

http://sports.yahoo....3060511&prov=ap

That's when Pascal Rheaume tied it by deflecting in a pass in front from Turner Stevenson. Patrik Elias needed only 3:10 more to put the Devils up 2-1 with a power-play goal. He took a perfect pass from Brian Rafalski and steered it past suddenly ordinary goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

#2 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 03:33 PM

Well lets hope in game 6 he stays extremely ordinary, sub-par even better!

LETS GO DEVILS! ONE MORE WIN!
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#3 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, sub-par...Swiss cheese...
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#4 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 06:27 PM

he's ordinary AT BEST, level the playing field and JS Giguere is below average.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 06:36 PM

Still here, ^7^?

If pads were the real issue, why wouldn't all goalies bulk up like Gigeure and Garth Snow and Peter Skudra?

Because it doesn't matter, and Gigeure will continue to be a top 10 goalie in this league.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#6 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 06:49 PM

...Gigeure will continue to be a top 10 goalie in this league.

I'll wait more than one solid year to judge that... perhaps JS will "pull a Theodore," as a good friend of mine put it. Not saying Theodore isn't still a great goalie, but he, like Jim Carrey (no, not THAT one, the one from Washington) and others before him have proven that one year does not a top 10 goalie make. Nor does one playoff, in my opinion.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#7 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 06:57 PM

Still here, ^7^?

If pads were the real issue, why wouldn't all goalies bulk up like Gigeure and Garth Snow and Peter Skudra?

Because it doesn't matter, and Gigeure will continue to be a top 10 goalie in this league.

I check in periodically, if the NHL is entertaining next year I might renew my interest in hockey.

All goalies have bulked up tremendously(except Marty), nowadays the lines are blurred between an average goalie and a great goalie.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#8 HockeyMom

HockeyMom

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 07:21 PM

I agree he needs to prove it more that one year. We have seen to many so called "great" ones totally fall from the face the of earth. Only time will tell.

:uni:
Don't sweat the little ones!

#9 Blackjack

Blackjack

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 07:23 PM

While I agree somewhat '7', you have to remember that Brodeur keeps his pads small so that he can play the puck more easily. I think that it's a fair trade off; although I would like to see those chest protectors get a little smaller.

#10 BMARB

BMARB

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 08:08 PM

I'll wait till he puts up a few good years before I give him any credit, Until then, He's still a One Hit Woder to me :evil:

#11 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 08:22 PM

Brodeur is the best puckhandling goalie in the history of hockey, he makes it easier for himself and the D. That's one of the main reasons shots on goal against him is always down.

#12 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 09:01 PM

I've found a knock on him already and it's only going to get worse next year.. THIS GUY DOES NOT HANDLE ADVERSITY.. when was the last time you saw an NHL goalie get taken off his game by THE CROWD like he's had happen to him in Jersey this series ?? Just wait till next year when all the PISSED off Western teams play them and come after them balls to the wall... you don't think Detroit, Dallas, Minnesota and the other CA teams have some issues with these guys ??? It's possible he bounces back and learns to grow up and play with the men but until he does it's fold like an accordion next year :D
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#13 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 09:09 PM

Over-rated! Over-rated!

:burn: Lets roast that Duck overgrown marshmellow! :burn:
So Say We All

#14 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 09:56 PM

Crasher is right--Jig throws temper tantrums when he isn't being fawned over. Grow up and deal with it. In that case, he does have things in common with Waaahh.
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#15 MaddDog

MaddDog

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 11:01 PM

I don't recally Giguere having this sort of ego when he was stuck in the AHL and Calgary of all teams let him go :P . It's like he had 3 great playoff series and suddenly all this adoration from the media went to his (and the Sux team's) head. Enough already!!!

I am not ready to write him off like others are. Hell, my old team the Whale originally drafted him in the 1st round and he appears to have talent. Having said that, I do think some of his pads ARE too big and I want to see him replicate this year's performance several times before I'm ready to deem him 'elite'.

#16 iamkirinlemon

iamkirinlemon

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 09:13 AM

I despise the media. Article from The Sporting News:

http://www.sportingn...t/20030605.html

The part that particularly bugs me:

The few players worth watching are in the West: Peter Forsberg, Markus Naslund, Joe Sakic, Sergei Fedorov, Todd Bertuzzi, Marian Gaborik, Jean-Sebastien Giguere, et al. If you subscribe to NHL Center Ice and you live in the East, start staying up late.

WHY is Giguere on that list? Has this series not yet shown people that he is giant pile of goalie equipment that can barely move in net?

Once again, it is clear that the media picked their storylines before the finals, and instead of watching, they just spout the same drivel. If NJ wins tonight and Giguere gets the Conn Smythe, and nobody in the media contests this, I swear heads are going to roll. I don't know where, but they are ...

If Giguere posts two incredible games, then even if the Ducks lose I can accept him winning the Conn Smythe. But not now; he still has something left to prove.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users