Photo

CONGRATS TO MARTY BRODEUR...NEW SHUTOUT KING #104!

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#41 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:47 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

What a magnificient career!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#42 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

Congrats Marty!! :evil:
Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#43 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

:cheers: :evil: :burn: :yay: :yea: :gd:

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#44 HadesPride

HadesPride

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:57 PM

Long time reader, first time poster...I thought this was the night.

I'm so proud to be a Devil, to be from NJ, and to have Brodeur. My uncle, die-hard Ranger fan, just texted me, "Best ever, really, and that comes from a Rangers fan." Best Christmas present there!

#45 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:59 PM

congratulations to martin brodeur. it's been a pleasure watching this guy from game 1. we are all very lucky to have him.

Edited by xxchaznjxx, 21 December 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#46 State 0f Chaos

State 0f Chaos

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:00 PM

Congrats Marty!

#47 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:01 PM

So proud to be a Devils fan right now... what an awesome night. Congrats Marty and Devils.

#48 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,475 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

:lol: this was only important enough for a sidebar headline on ESPN's front page and hockey page. On the hockey page Scott Burnside chats are still up.

http://sports.espn.g...ameId=291221016

Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Martin Brodeur broke the NHL record with his 104th career shutout, and maybe the only surprise was how easily it came against the Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins.
Marvelous Marty

Brodeur needed to make only a few difficult saves while breaking Terry Sawchuk's shutout record

Just another easy, gimme 35 save shutout for Marty. :burn:
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#49 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

Way to go Marty. You just continue to amaze me.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#50 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,045 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

From ESPN's latest power rankings:

"If anyone still thinks Martin Brodeur shouldn't be the starter for Team Canada in the Olympics, please stop watching the game."

:cheers:
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#51 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

:cheers: Congrats Marty!

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#52 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:53 PM

Marty is the standard and he deserves all the acolades!! I'm so proud of him, the organization, and proud to be a NEW JERSEY Devils fan!!!!

Marty your the best and may the good times keep rolling. Next home game I will def be there to see the ovation he gets!!! Well deserved!!! :evil: :cheers:

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673, 21 December 2009 - 11:53 PM.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#53 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:56 PM

My humble take on Marty's record:

Brodeur clutches history, traps NHL shutout record at 104

Can't even recall how many of those shutouts I've watched. What a legend. Our kids' kids will still talk about him. Well, if the NHL's still around then.

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#54 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:05 AM

Can't even recall how many of those shutouts I've watched. What a legend. Our kids' kids will still talk about him. Well, if the NHL's still around then.

<JESTER>

Great writeup! I love the stats too, it is amazing to see 34 shutouts of Marty's are against the local rivals. I realize they play the most but that shows he consistently shows up to win. Brodeur seems to be averaging a 10% shutout game percentage against them.

#55 bpcdev

bpcdev

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:17 AM

MB30's 104 is FINALLY the headline article on ESPN's NHL Page... after 2 hours (WTF!). Thats why I goto TSN.CA first, much better hockey coverage.
Posted Image

#56 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:21 AM

It was on Yahoo's NHL page before the game even ended practically. Since Jester took over the NHL page there it has been my homepage. It is nice to see a Devils friendly sports site for a change.

#57 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,045 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:22 AM

<JESTER>

Great write-up bro. I enjoyed that.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#58 devsin4

devsin4

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:32 AM

do u expect any different from douchebag melrose&co?

#59 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:36 AM

<JESTER>

Nice article.

Now that pretty much all the records have fallen a lot of the hoopla that came along with it will subside. The part that sucks about it is that the next time Marty takes center stage like this it will likely be when he is about to hang up his skates.

People can try to discredit him all they want. The numbers speak for themselves. He was very fortunate to get drafted by this organization but when you look at the run of excellence the Devils have ushered these past 16 years there is one constant through it all. Martin Brodeur.

When you can do something at the highest level of your profession with as much consistency and success as he has its pretty special. In my mind he is the best to ever play goal. I've watched to many of his games to think otherwise. Now lets go to work on that Conn Smythe.

Edited by SickMan, 22 December 2009 - 12:37 AM.

New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#60 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:42 AM

Nice article.

Now that pretty much all the records have fallen a lot of the hoopla that came along with it will subside. The part that sucks about it is that the next time Marty takes center stage like this it will likely be when he is about to hang up his skates.

People can try to discredit him all they want. The numbers speak for themselves. He was very fortunate to get drafted by this organization but when you look at the run of excellence the Devils have ushered these past 16 years there is one constant through it all. Martin Brodeur.

When you can do something at the highest level of your profession with as much consistency and success as he has its pretty special. In my mind he is the best to ever play goal. I've watched to many of his games to think otherwise. Now lets go to work on that Conn Smythe.

It is a shame that he was robbed of the only piece of hardware he is really missing....when they gave the Conn Smythe to that sniffling crybaby Giguere. (can't hold not having a Hart trophy against a goaltender) Marty had 3 shutouts in the FINALS for crying out loud! Ridiculous robbery....MARTY'S BETTER! One of the best chants I have ever heard/been a part of. Continental was absolutely electric that night, and for that Game 7 alone that dump of an arena will always hold a special place in my fan heart!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users