Photo

CONGRATS TO MARTY BRODEUR...NEW SHUTOUT KING #104!

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#121 TheIceDog

TheIceDog

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:10 PM

hopefully he can add another thread about it

Still don't get it, but that's okay as it's Brodeur's and the fans day. Hopefully there will be dozens of threads on this expressing the joy over such a monumental achievement.

Again, it's a once in a lifetime event, don't you believe that now is not the time to play traffic cop on this board?
"You're Next".......... Scott Stevens June 20, 1995

"The difference between the Devils and the Rangers? Simple. The Devils are chasing another Stanley Cup title. The Rangers? Well, they're just trying to win a hockey game."
M. Michael Talty February 27, 2009

#122 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

I hear 104 is the record to beat.
It's the whiskey talking.

#123 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:14 PM

Assuming he avoids long term injuries and signs an extension after this contract he will reach 700 for sure. He'll hit 600 during this season. All this with approx 2 lost seasons worth of games. Its incredible.

I tend to think the full lockout year and possibly his injury last year could have helped prolong his career. He did get a year older during the lockout, but it is a year less of the rigorous pounding of an NHL schedule on his body...but who knows?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#124 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:15 PM

Widely acknowledged as the 'greatest' to play the game. Personally I hate the dou**ebag and wish him nothing but failures in his coaching/management career.

But this is about our legendary netminder Martin Brodeur! Another heartfelt congratulations Marty as you are simply just the best to ever play the game!

Well done my good man, well done!

I'll give you a slight littel hint...

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#125 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

I'll give you a slight littel hint...

:lol: So....when is the OFFICIAL username change to what you typed yesterday? I think the board has spoken!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#126 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

You're usually overly jaded and pessimistic, but every time I see one of your posts around this time of year I can't help but read them and think of the Grinch. ;)

#127 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:52 PM

I love how the guy makes a thread about an awesome moment in Devils history because he is clearly very excited about it and you guys wanna crucify him cause he spelled Gretzky wrong. Who cares?

#128 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

http://www.msg.com/d...s-postgame.html

Did anyone catch the post game last night where they broke out the players that played in games where Marty had his shutouts?

Did I here correctly that Elias has played in the most games that Marty had shutouts??

I looked at the above video link and all they had were the Elias/Rolston/Jacques interviews.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#129 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

Congrats to Marty. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the greatest of all time.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#130 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

Congrats to Marty. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the greatest of all time.

Marty vs Mo (Rivera) comin up on ESPN at 6!!

#131 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,010 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

104 shutouts. Incredible. Everyone talks about these records asking will anyone beat Brodeur's records, but what they forget is Brodeur is going to add a lot of wins and a whole bunch of shutouts to these records. Hopefully we witness a lot more shutouts and especially a lot more wins.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#132 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

ESPN SOON! BRODEUR VS MARIANO!

#133 kelzluvznjd

kelzluvznjd

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

ahhh omg, i am so so so excited!!! my sister and i were counting down the last minute like it was new year's eve :yay:

i feel so lucky to have been watching since his rookie season!!! i remember my very first devils game when i was about 10, and our seats were really good, right near brodeur's net for 2 periods and right up against the glass, he has been my favorite ever since!! luvvvvv me some marty!!!!!!!!!!
OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:

[*]PIERRE-LUC LETOURNEAU-LEBLOND
[*]DOC EMRICK'S "OFF THE WAFFLEBOARD"
[*]THE "GREEN MAN"
[*]THE BRODEUR/AVERY HANDSHAKE SNUB

#134 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,576 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:39 PM

104 shutouts. Incredible. Everyone talks about these records asking will anyone beat Brodeur's records, but what they forget is Brodeur is going to add a lot of wins and a whole bunch of shutouts to these records. Hopefully we witness a lot more shutouts and especially a lot more wins.

i don't think the shutout record will be touched - i don't think the nhl will let defense rule like it did during brodeur's prime. in 10 years, it's going to look just as insurmountable as gretzky's points record does now.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#135 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,010 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

i don't think the shutout record will be touched - i don't think the nhl will let defense rule like it did during brodeur's prime. in 10 years, it's going to look just as insurmountable as gretzky's points record does now.

There is just so much to it. This record is helped by Brodeur playing on a team that plays such a defensive system. It also helps that Brodeur played under such an amazing GM who built such a strong team year in and year out. Obviously Brodeur is a gigantic factor of the system being so good and the team being so good. But I think Greg said it well in his piece, don't think for a second that Joseph is getting 104 shutouts for the Devils.

Even if there is a goalie as good as Brodeur out there, he would need to play for a great defensive team year after year. He'd need to stay healthy every season. Even then it be so hard with the all the rule changes, although I think that is overblown. Scoring is once again down and there have been plenty of shutouts around the league.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#136 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,576 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

i can't agree about that, joseph was an excellent goaltender. it's unclear what he would've done with a real defense.

i think the league will constantly be jiggering the rules trying to get more scoring - although with the economy tanking, lower arbitration awards may win the day

Edited by Triumph, 22 December 2009 - 07:25 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#137 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:44 PM

http://www.msg.com/devils/devils-postgame.html

Did anyone catch the post game last night where they broke out the players that played in games where Marty had his shutouts?

Did I here correctly that Elias has played in the most games that Marty had shutouts??

I looked at the above video link and all they had were the Elias/Rolston/Jacques interviews.

I remember that. IIRC, Elias was with Marty for 80 shutouts and Stevens was for 70, maybe 71. Don't remember who else was up there (probably Sarge, Nieds, Dano, Whitey, etc.).
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#138 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

Posted Image
Updated :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was at the Fraser signing we talked about the Retro jerseys. He says the team is excited to wear them and Clarkson was running around the locker room with his red helmet on like a madman.

#139 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

Grats Marty!
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#140 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:34 PM

I loved this quote from Greg @ link

Just another reason why his Hall of Fame plaque should be shaped like a trapezoid ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users