Photo

Ok Guys If You Think Your Night Stunk.....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 HockeyMom

HockeyMom

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 11:03 PM

MY DOG tonight!!!!! Yeah to top off this great night my dog got skunked! OMG! I'm a city girl we didn't have skunks where I grew up.

I had to run to shop rite at 10:30 to go and pick up Tomato Juice. Thanks to Dew and Zam!!!! My poor hubby too who was the one to clean her up. She still stinks but not as bad. Poor pup is sleeping in the downstairs bathroom tonight. At least she has her bed we'll have to get a new one tomorrow as well as new towels which were thrown out. Please tell me this won't last too long. The smell is not as bad but still there.

I missed most of the game but I think it was a blessing.

This team has done this all the time they could never do anything easy. What I saw I really felt the whole team didn't show up today. I would not blame one player for a 5-2 loss. It is embarrassing yes. But while they always seem to do this they usually come back strong when their backs are against the wall. And baby there backs are against the wall as much as they possibly can be right now. I will be there on Monday watching. I will be behind this team no matter what happens because that is what a fan does.

Remember guys the sun will come out tomorrow and my dog will STILL STINK!!! OY!!!!!!!!! Good night everyone.
Don't sweat the little ones!

#2 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 11:09 PM

My dog has gotten skunked 4 (FOUR!!!) times in her life. You'd think after the first time, she'd figure it out with her 12 IQ points to NOT stick her nose back into the white and black furry ass, but no!!

And let me tell you, as poor Hockey Mom and her family are finding out, if you think skunk stinks outside LONNNNG after the skunk is gone, that smell is N-O-T-H-I-N-G compared to what it smells like ON your dog inside. It's a COMPLETELY different stink. It brings tears to the eyes and sticks in your nose for hours after you leave the house. It gets in clothes, on furniture -- it's terrible.

I feel for you, Hockey Mom. When I did the tomato treatment, the mixture of that smell with the skunk almost put me over the edge. I left the room with the heaves.

*shudder*
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#3 HockeyMom

HockeyMom

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 11:17 PM

Thanks Risky! It helps to have someone who understands. Funny thing about that smell too... It does stay in your nose.... I kept looking at people around me to make sure I didn't stink! Ha ha! But no reactions just lots of strange stares when they saw all I had was cans and cans of tomato juice.

#4 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 12:24 AM

My friend got skunked before. Had to bath in tomato sauce. haha, It was funny.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#5 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 02:08 AM

My friend got skunked before. Had to bath in tomato sauce. haha, It was funny.

LMAO, that's wrong. I'm surprised the guys on Jackass never have purposely done this.
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#6 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 02:36 AM

A skunk died under our deck once. Now that was a nasty smell.
Posted Image

#7 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 02:41 AM

Haven't seen a skunk around Jersey City in all the time I've lived here but there was a possum (sp?) standing on my gate this one time. Everyone swore it was a stuffed animal because it didn't move, lol
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#8 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 08:17 AM

Hey, I think all Devil fans feel like we were skunked last night...

only Monday night can wash the smell away!
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#9 NJDevsRock

NJDevsRock

Albany Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 08:24 AM

When I lived in Maywood, I used to work at 3am and lots of mornings in the summer when I left, there would be that awful smell. Hours later I would still be smelling it too. Weird town I guess, as hardly a day would pass without seeing a racoon hehe. Now I am in monmouth county and I don't think I have seen either. Thank goodness as I have two dogs and I would die if that happened. I feel for ya Mom. Here's to hoping it doesn't last too much longer!

#10 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 02:52 PM

Chico: also spelled opposum :)

SC: right on bro!

HM, I will check my book and see what else is in there, send you a PM!
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#11 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,405 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 04:05 PM

:lol: it'll still be lingering for about another month or so I hate to say...

I sort of like the smell -- just not up close and personal!

I'm here for the party

#12 HockeyMom

HockeyMom

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 05:27 PM

:lol:  it'll still be lingering for about another month or so I hate to say...

I sort of like the smell -- just not up close and personal!

ANOTHER MONTH!!!! OMG!!!! :o

Hmmmm, PK since you like the smell do you want to adopt my pup for say the next month or so? :D

The hardest part right now is that Becca runs away from her screaming and Daphne just wants to follow her and jump on her. This causes more screaming and on and on we go. Sheesh! It is going to be a very long month. I was hoping for a week.
:(

#13 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,405 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 06:02 PM

Hey i said lingering...sort of meant to imply fade some :) it'sll fade a lot! You just can't bury your head in her fur and give her doggie snuggles for too long without getting a little billious...

I'm here for the party

#14 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 10:26 PM

Chico: also spelled opposum :)

The sp? is there for a reason, I'm no spelling bee champ, lol

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 10:54 PM

Yea, sorry to say, at least a month before it really fades. After a couple of weeks, you think it's gone.
Then you go to work, and from the fresh air outside, walk in the house & it hits you.
A co-worker had told me massengil worked or really the vinegar in it would work better than tomato juice.
But neither really helped. I cringe every nite when taking my golden in the yard & hope there isn't a skunk around. That was 3 years ago & I never want to go thru that again. Can't imagine my dog being skunked 4 times. sheesh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users