46 replies to this topic

#1 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

Unfortunately, it looks like the Floyd/Pac Man fight is not going to take place because of Pac's refusal to submit to random blood testing....what a shame.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#2 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

I wouldn't call myself a "boxing fan", but any of the big fights... Floyd/Hatton, Pacq/Hatton, etc.. I'll definitely watch. I was extremely upset when I found out Floyd/Manny was going to be cancelled... and not to knock on Floyd, at all, but would he have made it out of the 2nd round anyway? I was pretty pissed when I spent 60 bucks to watch a first round TKO in the last "high profile" Manny/Hatton fight..

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#3 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

I wouldn't call myself a "boxing fan", but any of the big fights... Floyd/Hatton, Pacq/Hatton, etc.. I'll definitely watch. I was extremely upset when I found out Floyd/Manny was going to be cancelled... and not to knock on Floyd, at all, but would he have made it out of the 2nd round anyway? I was pretty pissed when I spent 60 bucks to watch a first round TKO in the last "high profile" Manny/Hatton fight..

Manny has had tailor made opponents served to him on a platter. If the Floyd fight goes down, you will see Floyd take him to school....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#4 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

Manny's faster and stronger in the ring, there's no doubting that. Floyd has MUCH bette defense, which is no revelation to anyone who's watched these two fight.. and, you can argue that Mayweather has better stamina.. but boxing is much more about the offense than the defense, and Manny's got him there. Not only do I think manny will (or would have?) won, I think he would've by KO in a mid round.. certainly not go the distance.

Posted Image

#5 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:38 PM

Manny's faster and stronger in the ring, there's no doubting that. Floyd has MUCH bette defense, which is no revelation to anyone who's watched these two fight.. and, you can argue that Mayweather has better stamina.. but boxing is much more about the offense than the defense, and Manny's got him there. Not only do I think manny will (or would have?) won, I think he would've by KO in a mid round.. certainly not go the distance.

There is doubting that. Floyd is a natural welterweight, while Pac has jumped several weight classes over a 9 month period and has not missed a beat in doing so. That combined with his adamant refusal to take blood drug tests; really raises questions. Manny is fast, but so is Floyd. I would give Floyd a slight edge in the speed category. I would also give him a slight edge in the strength category as well. As I said, he has been at this weight for awhile. Pac has come up from 130 verrrry quickly. Tell Bernard Hopkins that "boxing is much more about the offense than the defense." The dude is still getting it done at age 45, being a very defensive fighter. Manny KO Floyd? This takes the cake as the most ridiculous line in your whole post. 1. Manny will hardly be able to land flush punches on Floyd because of his superior defense and overall boxing skill. 2. Floyd has NEVER been KNOCKED DOWN in a fight, much less KNOCKED OUT! If this fight takes place, Floyd will win a sizable unanimous decision, or possibly KO Pac. I would go with a 12 round decisive victory for Floyd.

#6 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:29 AM

Is the fight "off" right now? I want to see it, if it happens.

#7 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

Is the fight "off" right now? I want to see it, if it happens.

Not totally off yet...it is a chess match....there is still hope it gets made.

#8 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

I'm not a huge boxing fan but I like to watch John Duddy. I was at the Prudential Center to see his one loss against some chump from Ohio.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#9 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

This takes the cake as the most ridiculous line in your whole post.

Enjoy talking to yourself about boxing. I saw nobody said anything, so I thought I'd at least try to hold a conversation with you.. I told you I barely watch any boxing, and those were my opinions based on the few fights I had seen. I'll tell you what I don't appreciate; I don't appreciate being talked down to. You're annoying as is, but an obnoxious "i'm smarter than you" post was plenty to put you on ignore.

Posted Image

#10 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

Enjoy talking to yourself about boxing. I saw nobody said anything, so I thought I'd at least try to hold a conversation with you.. I told you I barely watch any boxing, and those were my opinions based on the few fights I had seen. I'll tell you what I don't appreciate; I don't appreciate being talked down to. You're annoying as is, but an obnoxious "i'm smarter than you" post was plenty to put you on ignore.

It's an internet message board, wasn't trying to "hurt your feelings". Ignore away.....if you did not want any type of response to your post then you should have never replied in the first place. No big deal...

#11 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:51 PM

It's an internet message board, wasn't trying to "hurt your feelings". Ignore away.....if you did not want any type of response to your post then you should have never replied in the first place. No big deal...

Oh, no, that's not it. You're just a trolling asswipe who won't be here once the Devils hot-streak slows down a tad.

Friends? :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#12 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:53 PM

Oh, no, that's not it. You're just a trolling asswipe who won't be here once the Devils hot-streak slows down a tad.

Friends? :rolleyes:

Giving you the facts does not constitute "trolling", but to each his own. I will be here till the very end my friend, whether it is a Cup victory, or first round exit.... :rolleyes:

#13 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:00 PM

Giving you the facts does not constitute "trolling", but to each his own. I will be here till the very end my friend, whether it is a Cup victory, or first round exit.... :rolleyes:

I won't count on it.

Posted Image

#14 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:09 PM

I won't count on it.

You'll see....if you wanna stop being overly sensitive, I'll be here to talk some hockey.

#15 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

is it still on?

#16 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:35 PM

is it still on?

There is going to be some meetings tomorrow for both sides. Right now it is not looking good, but who knows.....

#17 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:45 AM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4794912

wow

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#18 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

I hope this fight happens, should be a good one.

I would root for Manny but put my money on Floyd. I think a Manny win would be great for the sport, but I think Floyd is just too good and would out-box him to win on cards. It's what he always does. Unless you're an avid student of the sweet science, those kinds of matches are boring.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#19 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4803490

The fight is off.

Arum said Pacquiao agreed to shorten the window for a blood test to 24 days before the fight. In order to receive a Nevada boxing license, Pacquiao took the standard annual blood test 24 days before his May 2009 fight with Ricky Hatton.

"Manny accepted what was on the table and Mayweather rejected it," Arum said. "Haymon and Schaefer tried to convince Floyd all [Tuesday night] and [Wednesday] and he wouldn't agree to it. He didn't want the fight. He never wanted the fight. I always knew the fight wouldn't happen."

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#20 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

I knew it was not gonna happen. It was doomed the minute both sides could not agree on the blood testing terms. Mediation did nothing....huge black eye for the sport. Both fighters are going to fight guys they will be HEAVILY favored against in their next matchups....Shame on Pac for not taking the tests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users