Photo

Best Away Game to Attend OTHER than Montreal?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Away Game to Attend OTHER than Montreal? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which away game to attend?

1. Avalanche (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Flames (10 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. Hurricanes (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

4. Maple Leafs (9 votes [40.91%])

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

Which one of the away games listed would be the best experience overall?

(yeah yeah I am already going to Montreal so it isnt listed)

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#2 drivingrain27

drivingrain27

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

Nassau Coliseum. Can't beat watching an NHL game in an AHL arena. I wonder what they think when they go to every other modern arena on the continent and have to go home to that hole.

#3 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

Of all of those, I have only been to Toronto, but it was amazing. Their fans are passionate (though at this point, borderline psychotic from their recent failures) and fun to be around. Plus, while your in Toronto, you can visit the Hockey Hall of Fame, which is really cool and every hockey fan should go to at least once in their lifetime.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#4 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

Maple Laffs for sure and their on-ice products will certainly make you laugh out loud.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#5 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:45 PM

Colorado.

#6 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

Minnesota.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#7 bpcdev

bpcdev

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:20 AM

Colorado.

I'm flying out to Denver for the Devs/Avs game on the 16th, and gonna do some skiing as well. This will be my first Western conf away game. Will let you guys know how it is out there!
Posted Image

#8 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

What?

One of my most memorable games was seeing the Panthers/Sabres in South Beach.

Seats right up against the glass in a beautiful arena, then going to a Fins game the next day and just spending the rest of the week in South Beach.

GREAT TRIP.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#9 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

Minnesota seems cool but I think Vancouver, Washington or Chicago would be nice as well.

#10 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

Why on earth is Calgary up there? Yeah they sell out their games but they must be the quietest fans on earth. You would never think 19,000 fans can be so timid and quiet when their team scores.

#11 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:17 PM

Why on earth is Calgary up there? Yeah they sell out their games but they must be the quietest fans on earth. You would never think 19,000 fans can be so timid and quiet when their team scores.

Does it count as being "timid" when, after the home team scores, half a fanbase asks themselves, "Should I or shouldn't I chant 'You Suck!' toward the opposing team right now? Would 'You Suck!' be an accurate reflection of the current state of affairs concerning the score of this particular game and the up-to-the-minute standings? Will it hurt the opposing team's feelings? What will other teams' fans think of us if they see this on TV? Will they think we're a bunch of rude and crass caterwaulers? Will they think we're uneducated nitwits if the opposing team is winning at this point in the game or ahead of us in the standings at this point in the season? Good heavens, what about the children!? What would Oprah do? Oh ... wait ... the song is over. Nevermind. ... Should I say it next time?"
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#12 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

Does it count as being "timid" when, after the home team scores, half a fanbase asks themselves, "Should I or shouldn't I chant 'You Suck!' toward the opposing team right now? Would 'You Suck!' be an accurate reflection of the current state of affairs concerning the score of this particular game and the up-to-the-minute standings? Will it hurt the opposing team's feelings? What will other teams' fans think of us if they see this on TV? Will they think we're a bunch of rude and crass caterwaulers? Will they think we're uneducated nitwits if the opposing team is winning at this point in the game or ahead of us in the standings at this point in the season? Good heavens, what about the children!? What would Oprah do? Oh ... wait ... the song is over. Nevermind. ... Should I say it next time?"

:lol:

So true.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#13 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

LOL

#14 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

lolz.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#15 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

:hail: :clap2:
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#16 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:07 AM

i've been to a buffalo game, the atmosphere was great.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#17 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:34 PM

I think I am just going to go to Montreal again.. :)

#18 Shtikl

Shtikl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

Don't know about the others, but if you go to Calgary, you can mix in a ski trip in Banff and play tourist about town. The scoreboards in the Saddledome have real flames, up in the nosebleed seats you really feel the heat. And they really mean it when they talk about the Sea of Red, almost everybody wears red.

Of course you could come to Lowell or Trenton, you're guaranteed to get good seats and you can see Devils prospects! :whistling:
We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses. -- Abraham Lincoln

#19 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

Don't know about the others, but if you go to Calgary, you can mix in a ski trip in Banff and play tourist about town. The scoreboards in the Saddledome have real flames, up in the nosebleed seats you really feel the heat. And they really mean it when they talk about the Sea of Red, almost everybody wears red.

Of course you could come to Lowell or Trenton, you're guaranteed to get good seats and you can see Devils prospects! :whistling:

Saw Lowell @ The Rock :)

#20 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

I think I am just going to go to Montreal again.. :)

Montreal is kick ass. I love the way the cute young waitresses there always say "Bonjour!" so politely and with that awesome accent before the dumb expression on my face gives away the fact I don't parlay that vous so good. :D

Edited by jim777, 11 January 2010 - 10:42 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users