383 replies to this topic

#341 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:01 PM

And now, ladies and gentlemen, let's put the clock up for Banner Night, because Chico and I are making the trip up from VA, come hell or high water, preferably HELL!! :evil:

Stanley Cup Champions Again....damn, isn't it sweet to say that!?!?!?

I am NOT having any more surgery until after the banner is hung...I don't care if my arms dangle boneless :evil:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#342 KYdevil

KYdevil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:03 PM

CHAMPS AGAIN!!!

I am in awe and shock of our boys, really came with their "A" game tonite. Congrats to everyone!

#343 ladyshrouds

ladyshrouds

All-Star

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:04 PM

To all of you who were at the game...YOU LUCKY BASTARDS DEVILS!!! ;)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DEVILS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#344 JHofSec234

JHofSec234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:09 PM

I am NOT having any more surgery until after the banner is hung...I don't care if my arms dangle boneless :evil:

Dew, we're holding you to that.......and we're holding you, Zam, and everybody else from the board....Banner Night, make your plans now!!!!!!

Heading to bed to dream of the Cup....good night all....and hey

OUR DEVILS WON THE STANLEY CUP!!!!!!!!!

Peace, love, and pucks, my brothers and sisters, tonight we sleep the sleep of true believers!!

#345 devs23

devs23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:12 PM

This team fought all year long to get to this point and it's awesome that they've brought it home AGAIN - Ottawa sucks, Anaheim is the authentic mickey mouse organization, and the CUP IS HOME!!!!!!!

#346 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:16 PM

I want to thank SBT for guranteeing that the Devils will win in Game 7. That man is never wrong.

I also want to thank NJayDevil for making that inspired speech about how the Devils would win in Game 7. I bet he is enjoying this. He truly loves the Devils. The Devils are like his life so I am happy for him.

#347 IAmCanadian27

IAmCanadian27

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:17 PM

I think the Devils are all of our lives. This is one dedicated board.
"He's got hockey strength, and he's one of those naturals. He's kind of a coach's dream. With some guys you have to keep repeating. With Paul, you point out something once and he picks it up."- Larry Robinson on Paul Martin

Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Scott Niedermayer & Keeper of Paul Martin

#348 devs23

devs23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:19 PM

Guts and grit beats finesse everytime - I really thought Kariya would need a respirator after that hit by Stevens in Game 6...

#349 devs23

devs23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:24 PM

Congratulations to Giguerre - beating Detroit and Dallas made him the Conn Smythe winner...Brodeur's still better

#350 devs23

devs23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:25 PM

Is there anybody out there?

#351 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,139 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:39 PM

Is it just me or was Scott Niedermayer the only one who did not smile at all. When he lefted the Cup he didn't have a smile and in all his interviews he didn't have one.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#352 DrHockey

DrHockey

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:39 PM

I just got through absorbing all the post-game coverage. What a fantastic season.

I've been a huge fan since the mid 80's but to tell you the truth, I felt a little distanced from the team for the past 2 1/2 years because I moved out of the area. I moved back to Manhattan last fall and this was one helluva way to bring me back into the fold.

I want to thank the Devils for giving me so many enjoyable memories this season, especially in the crazy world we live in today. I've asked my mother to get me a Bergen Record tomorrow. I have the '95 & 2000 newspapers beautifully framed on my wall. They're going to get some company soon.

2003 Stanley Cup Champions :)
"Scott Stevens, you and I have done this before!"
-- Gary Bettman, June 9, 2003

#353 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:45 PM

I've had a great feeling about this team all year, and I really believed they could win it all. Most of it was probably just wishful thinking, and it wasn't anything I could explain by analysis, it was just a feeling, a gut feeling that this was one very special TEAM!

Man, I love these guys! I'm so happy for Nieuwy & Langenbrunner! The Stars were so stupid! It's been a bittersweet year for Joe, but winning the Cup makes all the hardships worth it. THANK YOU DEVILS!!!

2003 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION NEW JERSEY DEVILS
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#354 devs23

devs23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:46 PM

Scott was thinking about his brother when he lifted the Cup - brings a tear to the eye, doesn't it?

#355 devs23

devs23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 11:50 PM

From the look Scott's Mom had on her face, I don't think she'll be staying at his house during the playoffs again...

#356 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 12:04 AM

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greatest experience of my life.

My own pictures will be posted soon. Took around 300 of them (won't post them all, obviously. I will edit some too. Like make some Black & White and Sepia and all that good stuff.) Will post the real ones in one thread, and the edited ones in another.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#357 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,135 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 12:09 AM

Did anybody see if Lou was on the ice for the celebration?
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#358 devs23

devs23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 12:26 AM

Still up - watching ESPN coverage with Scotty interview - he is so steady and unflappable - a truly deserving Stanley Cup winner and future Hall of Famer

#359 PacificDevil

PacificDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 12:46 AM

IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING??!!!!?? Man, hours after the game I still think it must be a dream

#360 Nieda

Nieda

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 07:47 AM

I feel like i'm floating on air!!! OMG WE WON HOCKEYS HOLY GRAIL!!!! WE KICKED ASS!!!!

I wanna thank everyone here for keeping me posted on the season after my satellite went and after my computer died..

you are all great devils fans!!!

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...THE TEAM!!!!
This team is my hero...al of 'em...when i saw niuwey lift that cup I almost cried!!!! And when Scott said he wanted to pass the cup to his brother i almost did too!!
Our guys our classy and by far the best team in the NHL (as proven last night)

Thanks guys, you made all of us proud!!!!

DEVILSforLIFE!!!
We will out skate you.
We will out work you.
We will out will you.
And when your head is spinning, your lungs are gasping for air, and you're wondering what hit you...
We will start the 2nd period.
--BlackJack

knowing nothing is better than knowing it all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users