135 replies to this topic

#21 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:26 PM

Funny, Lost fans had been waiting with baited breath for the highly touted two-hour (three-hour if you include the recap) Final Season Premiere, and now here it is almost two full days later and no one has anything to say!!! Posted Image

Edited by 95Crash, 04 February 2010 - 06:26 PM.

#22 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

Funny, Lost fans had been waiting with baited breath for the highly touted two-hour (three-hour if you include the recap) Final Season Premiere, and now here it is almost two full days later and no one has anything to say!!! Posted Image

Fine :P My theory is that two planes of reality have been created by the atomic bomb... I don't know why I believe that, I think I think that just because I don't want them to be wasting our time on a "this is what could have happened..." storyline. I have no idea what's up with Sayid. I guess the water worked after all?

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#23 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:17 AM

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that" is the most epic line ever
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#24 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:22 AM

Theory... In the reality where they are still on the plane, the bomb worked, and Jack knows it. He says to Locke in the wheelchair 'nothing is irreversible.' Can't be a coincidence.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#25 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

Yeah -- I think he has an inkling --- but I'm not sure he's really remembered anything.

I think there's 2 time lines too -- I think they're going to converge somehow - so that's probably the fun of this season.

I loved Juliet's lines about coffee - I think she meshed into the other timeline... but thing of it is... this new time line with no plane crash -- I think everyone had better take it easy and survive there because I think that's the final destination when the on island story wraps. So just for example: if jack dies in the new timeline no matter how great he succeeds on the island it's curtains for his life. But maybe there will be some nice "come with me to a better place" moment or something for those we'd like to see at peace.
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#26 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

I also agree that there's something about Jack...where he feels something is different...I just find it interesting that the writers decided to take this parallel timeline and change some significant things, Jack's haircut for example was near shaven in the pilot and now its not. I also find the fact that his drink spilled instead of him downing it like in the original timeline.

If I were to take an early guess I would say things are going to go very well for a select few, Hurley and Jack specifically, and they are going to realize that its not where they are supposed to be and they'll have to make a decision to merge or whatever with the island timeline...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#27 J0llyR0ger

J0llyR0ger

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:51 PM

What I'm confused is when it goes back to the plane why does Hurley say "I'm the luckiest man alive"? At first I thought it was a completely different alternate reality but Kate's still wanted, Charley still does Heroin, and Locke is still in a wheel chair? Why is Hurley Different?
Posted Image

#28 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:03 PM

What I'm confused is when it goes back to the plane why does Hurley say "I'm the luckiest man alive"? At first I thought it was a completely different alternate reality but Kate's still wanted, Charley still does Heroin, and Locke is still in a wheel chair? Why is Hurley Different?

Well one explanation could be that Kate was a con artist without the islands help, so to for Charlie's drugs, so to for Locke's legs being crap. Hurley, on the other hand, may have had the bad luck forced upon him by the island to set up the events that put him on the plane for the crash. Now Hurley may be on the plain because he just visited Sam, who also heard the numbers, because they celebrate their amazing luck from the numbers together because once the island went kaboom the numbers turned into something positive for the people who knows them.

It's really got like 30 years of divergent time in the non-crash universe so anything can go on in the non-crash universe, similar, semi-similar, dissimilar, and wildly dissimilar without being weird. So some people have lived the same lives and some peoples lives have changed, for example Desmond, he doesn't end up stuck on the island so now he is on the plane, perhaps flying back to the US to visit Penny?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#29 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:49 PM

Well one explanation could be that Kate was a con artist without the islands help, so to for Charlie's drugs, so to for Locke's legs being crap. Hurley, on the other hand, may have had the bad luck forced upon him by the island to set up the events that put him on the plane for the crash. Now Hurley may be on the plain because he just visited Sam, who also heard the numbers, because they celebrate their amazing luck from the numbers together because once the island went kaboom the numbers turned into something positive for the people who knows them.

It's really got like 30 years of divergent time in the non-crash universe so anything can go on in the non-crash universe, similar, semi-similar, dissimilar, and wildly dissimilar without being weird. So some people have lived the same lives and some peoples lives have changed, for example Desmond, he doesn't end up stuck on the island so now he is on the plane, perhaps flying back to the US to visit Penny?

Just going with that...I think there is a lot different. Hurley is clearly very lucky and probably never used those numbers he got from his friend to win the lottery. Arzt on the plane asks Hurley to do an Australian voice from the commercials, which we know is something he didn't do originally.

Also, I still think Locke is very different. He might be in a wheel chair but there is something much different about him. I think he went on the trip in Australia (although some people think he might have just lied), and when he talked to Jack after the flight, he was talking not like someone who was as broken and miserable as he once was, but a very confident and happy person who was at peace with the world.

As for Jack, he definitely senses that something is different. When he looked in the mirror, he certainly was confused and he did have a cut or a mark that he didn't seem to recognize.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#30 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:31 AM

I still not sure if the bomb really got off.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#31 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:58 AM

Just going with that...I think there is a lot different. Hurley is clearly very lucky and probably never used those numbers he got from his friend to win the lottery. Arzt on the plane asks Hurley to do an Australian voice from the commercials, which we know is something he didn't do originally.

Also, I still think Locke is very different. He might be in a wheel chair but there is something much different about him. I think he went on the trip in Australia (although some people think he might have just lied), and when he talked to Jack after the flight, he was talking not like someone who was as broken and miserable as he once was, but a very confident and happy person who was at peace with the world.

As for Jack, he definitely senses that something is different. When he looked in the mirror, he certainly was confused and he did have a cut or a mark that he didn't seem to recognize.

Good point on Locke... he was more confident. I was so used to the new Locke I forgot how he was before the island.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#32 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:19 AM

I think locke was always more self loathing than impersonable...remember though originally locke was only on flight 815 because he couldnt go on the roundabout...had he gone he wouldve been in sydney 2 weeks longer...

#33 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:38 PM

I hope there is a reason they brought Juliet back for ten minutes - otherwise I will be mad, she deserved better.
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#34 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:51 PM

I think locke was always more self loathing than impersonable...remember though originally locke was only on flight 815 because he couldnt go on the roundabout...had he gone he wouldve been in sydney 2 weeks longer...

Good point, but if things are different in this life, perhaps he left for the trip a few weeks earlier.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#35 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:22 PM

Good point, but if things are different in this life, perhaps he left for the trip a few weeks earlier.

Or in this new reality, he still couldn't go but handled it better? Much like Hurley has a totally different attitude.

#36 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

Or in this new reality, he still couldn't go but handled it better? Much like Hurley has a totally different attitude.

possibly so...I think its a little different though. Hurley's problems came directly from the lotto win and that came from the number which came from the island...Locke's problems stemmed from his daddy issues and all sorts which weren't really caused by the island.

I think as the season progresses we'll see some parallels in this new reality, for example Locke will walk again, only this time via Jack...

#37 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:02 PM

this episode was legit awful :(
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#38 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:24 AM

Ok so last seasson the episode was avaible at 12:01 A.M. Wednesday morning on the OnDemand on Comcast. last week the Episodes were only avaible OnDemand by the Weekend( Friday or saturday I Guess).

In Other hand Fios had the Episodes OnDemand on wednesday already this seasson.

So who is fodendo with us Comcast or ABC.?????

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#39 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:50 AM

Yeah - I didn't need the "infected" question answered...now it looks like a big portion of the season will be devoted to that...oh well.
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#40 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:41 AM

Nothing actually happened in the episode. All they did was create like 3 more questions and answer none.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users