#1 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

http://nbcsports.msn.../ns/sports-nhl/

The bolded ones are the games I think will be aired.
Sunday, Jan. 17
Chicago at Detroit, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, Jan. 24
Pittsburgh at Philadelphia or Boston at Carolina, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, Jan. 31
Detroit at Pittsburgh or Tampa Bay at Washington, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, Feb. 7
Pittsburgh at Washington or Boston at Montreal, 12 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 7
Boston at Pittsburgh (1), Detroit at Chicago (2)or Carolina at Atlanta, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 14
Philadelphia at NY Rangers, Pittsburgh at Tampa Bay, Washington at Chicago
or Colorado at Dallas, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 21
NY Rangers at Boston or Buffalo at Carolina, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, April 4
Detroit at Philadelphia, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, April 11
Boston at Washington, NY Rangers at Philadelphia (1)or Detroit at Chicago (2), 12 p.m. ET

No Sharks, no Kings, no Yotes, no Avs, no Preds and no Devils. Yet there is the possibility of showing Atlanta, Carolina and Tampa :doh1:

NBC is falling into the same trap that E$PN did, continually showing a select few teams for a national broadcast. And they can't figure out why ratings are low :rolleyes:
People are sick of seeing the same teams all the time :rant: :argh:

They dropped the "puck" (ball) last year by showing a meaningless NYR vs Philly game instead of airing the Devils vs Sharks :wacko: (who were the top teams in the east and west at the time)

Who the hell is going to watch two poor teams like Car vs Tb ? Who is going to watch the potential blowout games of Caps vs TB or Pit vs TB ?

How about watching a competative game like San Jose vs Colorado ? or Phoenix vs LA Kings ?

Ratings, ratings <_< shove it up your a$$. I have no interest in watching two poor teams like NYR at Philly or the same old, same old Pens vs Caps -_- Why not show Nashville vs San Jose or Phoenix vs Chicago ? :noclue:

#2 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

we're only scheduled into their window twice.

the 31st vs. the Kings
and the last game of the season vs. Sabres

first game would have to be a 9:30AM start in LA and the second will be the ultimate in meaningless games.

#3 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

we're only scheduled into their window twice.

the 31st vs. the Kings
and the last game of the season vs. Sabres

first game would have to be a 9:30AM start in LA and the second will be the ultimate in meaningless games.

I'd guess that that has to do with NHL scheduling, which I'm sure is in contact with NBC. It's not a coincidence that Pittsburgh just happens to be scheduled every Sunday.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#4 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

Unless we don't play defense and score 10 goals, we won't be on nbc.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#5 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

Yawn...
Well, it's worked so great in the past, why change it? ;)

#6 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,293 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:49 PM

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28281608/ns/sports-nhl/

The bolded ones are the games I think will be aired.
Sunday, Jan. 17
Chicago at Detroit, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, Jan. 24
Pittsburgh at Philadelphia or Boston at Carolina, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, Jan. 31
Detroit at Pittsburgh or Tampa Bay at Washington, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, Feb. 7
Pittsburgh at Washington or Boston at Montreal, 12 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 7
Boston at Pittsburgh (1), Detroit at Chicago (2)or Carolina at Atlanta, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 14
Philadelphia at NY Rangers, Pittsburgh at Tampa Bay, Washington at Chicago
or Colorado at Dallas, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 21
NY Rangers at Boston or Buffalo at Carolina, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, April 4
Detroit at Philadelphia, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, April 11
Boston at Washington, NY Rangers at Philadelphia (1)or Detroit at Chicago (2), 12 p.m. ET

No Sharks, no Kings, no Yotes, no Avs, no Preds and no Devils. Yet there is the possibility of showing Atlanta, Carolina and Tampa :doh1:

NBC is falling into the same trap that E$PN did, continually showing a select few teams for a national broadcast. And they can't figure out why ratings are low :rolleyes:
People are sick of seeing the same teams all the time :rant: :argh:

They dropped the "puck" (ball) last year by showing a meaningless NYR vs Philly game instead of airing the Devils vs Sharks :wacko: (who were the top teams in the east and west at the time)

Who the hell is going to watch two poor teams like Car vs Tb ? Who is going to watch the potential blowout games of Caps vs TB or Pit vs TB ?

How about watching a competative game like San Jose vs Colorado ? or Phoenix vs LA Kings ?

Ratings, ratings <_< shove it up your a$$. I have no interest in watching two poor teams like NYR at Philly or the same old, same old Pens vs Caps -_- Why not show Nashville vs San Jose or Phoenix vs Chicago ? :noclue:

The rationale behind the games they choose are simple: the Bigger the TV market the bigger the potential ratings.

The bigger the ratings, the more NBC can charge to advertisers

New Jersey is NOT a media market, nor is San Jose or Anaheim, so from a business perspective these teams aren't options.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#7 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:02 PM

I never end up watching these games because it is an awful time slot.

#8 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

I dont care about the games as much as it typically means no Doc for the MSG broadcasts those weekends.

Edited by NCDevsFan, 07 January 2010 - 04:41 PM.

It's the whiskey talking.

#9 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,293 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

I dont care about the games as much as it typically means no Doc for the MSG broadcasts those weekends.

+1
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#10 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

If I was a fan of a team NOT in the Atlantic division I would be extremely pissed. Why would a team like the Flyers or Rangers who are fighting to stay alive and have been playing like garbage be broadcasts so often? It makes zero sense, I understand that they have a huge market but I doubt anyone wants to see a sh!tty team play just because they have the name NEW YORK or PHILADELPHIA on them.....it's BS is what it is. :soap:
Posted Image

#11 DEV1LDR1VER

DEV1LDR1VER

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

NBC does not care about the NHL or putting the best game on tv for the viewer or to promote the NHL. They blindly the teams in the highest markets and air them. They don't care how the teams are actually doing or what type of game you will get. I work for NBC. That's how they are and that's how it will be.
LIVE HARD!

#12 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,058 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

Does NBC still have a sort of flex option? I remember a couple of years ago (maybe it was even last year?) that there was the possibility of one Devils game being switched to 12:30 from 7 by NBC, or something like that.

Edited by RSC, 07 January 2010 - 10:26 PM.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#13 GOLDJR41

GOLDJR41

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:53 AM

Tampa isn't a bad squad to watch live I think showcasing Stamkos on network television is a plus for the NHL, esp. if it is against the Crosbquins.
Langs is the captain, deal with it.

If Doc Emrick, who called yesterday's Bruins-Rangers on NBC, were a national network's lead baseball or football play-by-player, he would be widely known as among the finest in the history of television.

#14 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:36 AM

Does NBC still have a sort of flex option? I remember a couple of years ago (maybe it was even last year?) that there was the possibility of one Devils game being switched to 12:30 from 7 by NBC, or something like that.

most of our other Sundays are at 7PM after a Saturday at 7PM, I think those are the only two weeks we can be booked.

#15 NJTank99

NJTank99

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:28 AM

Its sad that NBC can not recognize how great the Devils are and give us the respect we deserve.
ALL-TIME Wins
Martin Brodeur 595

ALL-TIME Shuouts
Martin Brodeur 108

#16 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:01 PM

Its sad that NBC can not recognize how great the Devils are and give us the respect we deserve.

its sad NBC cant recognize GOOD HOCKEY.

Pittsburgh isn't a large TV market and Washington isn't known for great ratings either!

i find it hilarious that NBC puts these "lame duck" options in there. do they think they're fooling anyone?

#17 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

I wish we had a lot more afternoon games. The afternoon game we had this year was agaisnt the Islanders and if can recall correctly we had about 300 empty seats in the whole arena!

#18 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:28 AM

not enough Pittsburgh games there, i need to watch sid more.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#19 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,293 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

its sad NBC cant recognize GOOD HOCKEY.

Pittsburgh isn't a large TV market and Washington isn't known for great ratings either!

i find it hilarious that NBC puts these "lame duck" options in there. do they think they're fooling anyone?

Pittsburgh is #23 TV market, Washington D.C is #9. The Pens do great TV ratings locally and the Caps are the hottest ticket in D.C.

Until Pitt is dethroned expect nothing but Sid the kid games on NBC.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#20 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:31 AM

Pittsburgh is #23 TV market, Washington D.C is #9. The Pens do great TV ratings locally and the Caps are the hottest ticket in D.C.

Until Pitt is dethroned expect nothing but Sid the kid games on NBC.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get those numbers from and where do we rank?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users