163 replies to this topic

#21 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

I just want to extend an olive branch to the Dolphin fans. You see back in the early to mid 90's the Jets weren't very good...in fact they sucked balls. So you couldn't root for the home team, you had to hitch your wagon to the sexy Dan Marino and the Miami Dolphins. They were winners, and you had to root for a winner didn't you? Damn the struggle, the suffering....I want instant gratification and star power!!! YAY DOLPHINS

Now I'm giving you an opportunity to come home to YOUR TEAM!

the New York JETS!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Beezer34, 09 January 2010 - 11:23 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#22 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

...and then there were six FIVE.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Who goes to the Superbowl?

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#23 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:12 PM

btw, how'd that gamble pay off? Posted Image

It didn't work out too well for the Bengals. I think the Texans may have beat them worse. Either way they were doomed with a performance like today. Let's see if the Jets can beat one of the big boys next week....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#24 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

Sanchez now has the same amount of career road playoff wins as Dan Marino!
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

Halfway there Cowboys... CMONNNN DUMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pray:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#26 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

I guess the bengals were to busy trash talking to focus on football.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#27 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

The Eagles didn't show up...what a joke they were. I was looking forward to watching a competitive game.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#28 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

The Eagles didn't show up...what a joke they were. I was looking forward to watching a competitive game.

For all the self-high-fives and patting on the back you jet fans do, you could sure spare a second or two and give the Cowboys some credit for DOMINATING the Eagles this one-sidedly!

FELIX JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Give me a hell fvcking YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#29 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

Domination two weeks in a row. Hard to believe the Cowboys are about to win their first playoff game in 14 years.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#30 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:32 PM

For all the self-high-fives and patting on the back you jet fans do, you could sure spare a second or two and give the Cowboys some credit for DOMINATING the Eagles this one-sidedly!

FELIX JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Give me a hell fvcking YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am no Jets fan. The Cowboys played well, along with the Eagles putting up a stinker. Lame game! Looking forward to the games tomorrow...

#31 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

Cowboys? seriously who cares about them and their frontrunning fans who jumped on the badwagon in 1992? congrats thus far...but this is new jersey

Edited by '7', 09 January 2010 - 10:55 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#32 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

Cowboys? seriously who cares about them and their frontrunning fans who jumped on the badwagon in 1992? congrats thus far...but this is new jersey

+1. LOL. No other way to explain the tons of Cowboys fans in the NY/NJ area. Get with it and support a local team!

#33 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

+1. LOL. No other way to explain the tons of Cowboys fans in the NY/NJ area. Get with it and support a local team!

I never take those people seriously. if things broke another way they'd all be Bills fans

#34 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

Fly, Eagles Fly. On the road to victory. Fight, Eagles fight. Score a touchdown, 1-2-3. Hit em' low, hit 'em high, as we watch our Eagles fly. E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

And for all of you calling us "front-runners", I've been a fan of this team for every year I've loved football, pretty much 6 years old and on. And trust me, I put up with the Cowboys from AFTER their glory years. I am perfectly entitled to root for them now, and root for them proudly. I wore my favorite Rocket Ismail jersey when I was a kid, and I wore it proudly.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#35 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:17 AM

So why the hell do you follow a team representing New York :puke:

I will NEVER understand why any New Jersey native can root for ANY New York team in ANY sport.

To all the NJ natives that do follow teams that are NOT from NY, you are my heroes.

Fvck NY, They've got enough frontrunning bandwagoners as it is.

#36 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

WOOT!!! that. is. all.
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#37 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:38 AM

i hate both the Eagles and the Cowboys...but i am soo happy the cowboys kicked the crap out of the Eagles.

I look at the Eagles as Scum Bags, as we all know so are the fans. I mean atleast the Cowboys have a pretty classy franchise, aside from Adams, but what team doesnt have that one guy. Congrats to the Cowboys fans...but next week ill be rooting hard against you :whistling: :cheers:

#38 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:41 AM

So why the hell do you follow a team representing New York :puke:

I will NEVER understand why any New Jersey native can root for ANY New York team in ANY sport.

To all the NJ natives that do follow teams that are NOT from NY, you are my heroes.

Fvck NY, They've got enough frontrunning bandwagoners as it is.

This is why I have a hard time being as proud about the Jets as I am with the Devils. But the fact of the matter is the Giants and Jets are still the home teams. At least Jets and Giants fans aren't bandwagon jumpers who root for whatever team was at the top when they started following football.

If any team started proudly calling themselves New Jersey, I would switch teams instantly, but for now I'll keep following the Jets even though it bugs me that they continue to use New York in their name.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#39 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:42 AM

At least Jets and Giants fans aren't bandwagon jumpers who root for whatever team was at the top when they started following football.

You really don't go out and watch alot of football do you, dude???
There were more "Jets fans" in the bar yesterday then the WHOLE SEASON COMBINED.... and I swear I remember half those people in that same bar with blue jerseys on doing the same thing.....

....every team gets a front-run follow-up when they do well.... this area is only second to LA with the fickle-factor jumping through the roof, and usually those are the same dirtbags who chastise people who've rooted for the other team their whole lives too (there's a regular Bengals fan who comes in alot to watch her team... I was kinda glad she wasn't there to see that debacle, spared of the level of drunk idiocy she'd have been subjected too)

the only area that's more fickle and fraudulent with its wagon-hopping is LA :P

I also refuse to apologize or back down on my fandom because my family is sports-retarded and it took outside circumstances to make me into a Cowboy and Devils fan (also... by your glorious "logic".... I should be a Ranger fan since I grew up in Brooklyn and Staten Island... but hey we all have a nice pat on the back and self-high five about that ....or the Devil in LA's of the world because "we allow" people to not support the local team when it suits our purposes and little ego's....so you sit there on your little ass mister kettle... this pot is pouring some goddamn coffee!!!!!

#40 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:13 AM

You really don't go out and watch alot of football do you, dude???
There were more "Jets fans" in the bar yesterday then the WHOLE SEASON COMBINED.... and I swear I remember half those people in that same bar with blue jerseys on doing the same thing.....

....every team gets a front-run follow-up when they do well.... this area is only second to LA with the fickle-factor jumping through the roof, and usually those are the same dirtbags who chastise people who've rooted for the other team their whole lives too (there's a regular Bengals fan who comes in alot to watch her team... I was kinda glad she wasn't there to see that debacle, spared of the level of drunk idiocy she'd have been subjected too)

the only area that's more fickle and fraudulent with its wagon-hopping is LA

I also refuse to apologize or back down on my fandom because my family is sports-retarded and it took outside circumstances to make me into a Cowboy and Devils fan (also... by your glorious "logic"....
I should be a Ranger fan since I grew up in Brooklyn and Staten Island... but hey we all have a nice pat on the back and self-high five about that ....or the Devil in LA's of the world because "we allow" people to not support the local team when it suits our purposes and little ego's....so you sit there on your little ass mister kettle... this pot is pouring some goddamn coffee!!!!!

...someone needs a hug. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users