138 replies to this topic

#81 Lady Stanley

Lady Stanley

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 03:53 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be going tomorrow :angry: but I want to make a suggestion....

The meeting spot of "to the left of the tunnel" may not be a very good choice. That's fine for meeting up with one or two people, but I would think that people are going to be arriving at all different times. You guys are not going to want to stay there because at the 2000 cup celebration, all of the activities were lined up on the (if you are looking directly at the front of CAA) on the far right of the parking lot. All the parking area in the middle was open, except for the huge convergance of the television trucks that park right down the center. I would think that you guys would want a spot that was somewhat in the action, yet not right on top of it so that you can still hold a conversation. As long as SueNJ has a flag on a pole, high enough so people can see it, you guys can bring chairs and stuff and hang out in the parking lot more toward where all the action is going on.

I sure wish I could go, but we have been attempting to put in a patio made from brick pavers for three weeks now, and we can't seem to get anywhere because of all this rain. I'm feeling pressured to stay home and help the hubby get this thing done. My consolation is that I can watch the coverage on News12 NJ, but it definitely is NOT the same as being there! :(

To all those who are going....HAVE A GREAT TIME!

#82 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:23 PM

OK, here's my thoughts on this:

After I go home tonight I will take a look at the flag and post a description of it on here. At some point someone needs to tell me whether they want me to just fly it out of the car window on a pole (and you can all come over and join me) or whether they want to set a time and a place where we can meet.

But please make the decision & let me know before I have to leave tomorrow!!!

Sue
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#83 Ally

Ally

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 05:33 PM

as my friends and I say....

BYOLC!

Bring
Your
Own
Lawn
Chair

LOL... o good times at track...

I wish I could find my Shore Devils Track Umbrella!!!!!!! hahahah :D

#84 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 06:03 PM

well everyone stiffed me for my Finals party...y'alls had yer chance! :(

I had a valid reason :evilcry:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#85 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 07:07 PM

OK, here is what the flag/banner looks like:

It is about 4 feet long and 1 1/2 feet wide. The top half is black and has a silver print of a knight in armor on a horse. The bottom half is dark blue.

Since there is no decision as of yet, here's what I think. I'll get there at 10am and park. I will hang the pole with the banner out the car window. Odds are you will only be able to see the top part. Feel free to stop by, you should probably bring your own beverage as I'll only have water & bring a lawn chair if you think you will want to sit down. I ordered 5 racks of baby back ribs from my friend's KC BBQ place, plus potato salad & cole slaw. You're all welcome to stop by & try some. I will be on my own so don't be shy about stopping by!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#86 devs23

devs23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 07:54 PM

Will the parade be shown on TV - if so, what channel? (I WILL BE THERE, BUT WANT TO TAPE IT)

#87 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 07:55 PM

Will the parade be shown on TV - if so, what channel? (I WILL BE THERE, BUT WANT TO TAPE IT)

Channel 12 will show it (coverage starts at 1pm). But 12 is only available on Cablevision.

#88 devs23

devs23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 08:00 PM

Muchas gracias!!!

#89 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 08:02 PM

Channel 12 will show it (coverage starts at 1pm). But 12 is only available on Cablevision.

Not true. News12 is also available on Comcast.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#90 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 08:02 PM

Muchas gracias!!!

de nada.

Don't forget to stop by, say hi & have some ribs!

#91 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 08:49 PM

It is about 4 feet long and 1 1/2 feet wide. The top half is black and has a silver print of a knight in armor on a horse. The bottom half is dark blue.

Since there is no decision as of yet, here's what I think. I'll get there at 10am and park. I will hang the pole with the banner out the car window. Odds are you will only be able to see the top part. Feel free to stop by, you should probably bring your own beverage as I'll only have water & bring a lawn chair if you think you will want to sit down. I ordered 5 racks of baby back ribs from my friend's KC BBQ place, plus potato salad & cole slaw. You're all welcome to stop by & try some. I will be on my own so don't be shy about stopping by!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If I remember correctly they didn't allow anyone to park on the arena side in 2000. Perhaps I'm wrong, just to let you know of that possibility.
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#92 LIDevsFan1

LIDevsFan1

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 09:02 PM

Ahhhhhhggggg!!!!!

Can't go and don't have news 12 (well I do its the LI version). SOMEONE BE GENEROUS ENOUGH TO TAPE---I'LL GLADLY PAY POSTAGE AND HANDLING

#93 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 09:49 PM

Well, I'm already making a half a dozen copies or so, so why not one more!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#94 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 10:41 PM

It is about 4 feet long and 1 1/2 feet wide.  The top half is black and has a silver print of a knight in armor on a horse.  The bottom half is dark blue.

Since there is no decision as of yet, here's what I think.  I'll get there at 10am and park.  I will hang the pole with the banner out the car window.  Odds are you will only be able to see the top part.  Feel free to stop by, you should probably bring your own beverage as I'll only have water & bring a lawn chair if you think you will want to sit down.  I ordered 5 racks of baby back ribs from my friend's KC BBQ place, plus potato salad & cole slaw.  You're all welcome to stop by & try some.  I will be on my own so don't be shy about stopping by!
:clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

If I remember correctly they didn't allow anyone to park on the arena side in 2000. Perhaps I'm wrong, just to let you know of that possibility.

I had to work in 2000, so I wasn't aware of that. Now that I think about it, my job gets in the way of a lot of fun Devs stuff.

OK, then I'll tie the pole with the banner on it to my chair, you should all be able to see it very well if there are no cars. See you all at the sign of the knight on horseback!

#95 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 10:51 PM

I want to go! :evilcry:

Have fun all !
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#96 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 12:09 AM

I'll be there with my brood. I'll keep a lookout for your flag. :)
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#97 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 02:20 AM

Ugh, this lingering sickness is back, so I'm going to pass on taking the 3 1/2 hour drive for the fourth weekend in a row. Wish I could be there.
Posted Image

#98 LIDevsFan1

LIDevsFan1

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 06:54 AM

Well, I'm already making a half a dozen copies or so, so why not one more!

thanks---I may have deleted your info from my emails. my phone is 631-342-2168 and my email is joshua.derienzis@ca.com please contact me when its ready.

#99 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 07:13 AM

I want to go too! :evilcry: Just got in from working night shift and I'm beat. Sure would've loved to have gone.
So Say We All

#100 Ally

Ally

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 08:53 AM

I'm going!!!!! Yeyyy! I'm not leaving for another half hour though so i'll be there around 12ish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users