166 replies to this topic

#21 steveo28584

steveo28584

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

the website is updated. the policy is there. seems to me they dropped the ball as far as handling second hand sales. i personally bought tickets from someone on the board who happens to be a sth and according to the policy i get nothing for that whole joke of game. not too pleased.

#22 thedowder

thedowder

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

I was at this game and they removed the barcode from my ticket when I went in on Friday. When I returned for the game on Sunday I was told I must get a new ticket at the box office. They took my old ticket and issued me a new ticket. I am concerned they will not honor the new ticket for the free game because it looks like it was purchased Sunday. I am really hoping the Devils get this one right and do not screw fans that had the barcode removed from there original ticket.

#23 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

So when I mail in my ticket, do I ask for a certain game or will they just send me a random game? I can't tell from the website. It says at the end:

All requests for free tickets will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. The New Jersey Devils will solely determine the games that will be available for redemption.

Sounds like I should tell them what game I want and hope its one of the games that are available

"I love working for New Jersey," Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."

#24 steveo28584

steveo28584

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

sounds to me like they are picking for you.

#25 langenmuffin

langenmuffin

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

What are they doing for Suite ticket holders? Are they going to give them a second suite for a game?!?! I'm confused!

#26 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

The Devils really had a chance to redeem themselves and show the fans something, they screwed up again.

So they are going to send season ticket holders tickets to a game they already have. If people bought tickets from a season ticket holder, they have to fight the person for the tickets. People are going to try to sell them for a profit.

For the people that put out so much money for parking/food/tickets: they and their schedules can go screw themselves... You'll be getting tickets to whatever game the Devils feel like giving you. Hope you like Columbus and St. Louis!

The jury is still out but we'll see. So far, this looks sad.

#27 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:23 PM

HA!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#28 devsin4

devsin4

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

I was at this game and they removed the barcode from my ticket when I went in on Friday. When I returned for the game on Sunday I was told I must get a new ticket at the box office. They took my old ticket and issued me a new ticket. I am concerned they will not honor the new ticket for the free game because it looks like it was purchased Sunday. I am really hoping the Devils get this one right and do not screw fans that had the barcode removed from there original ticket.

idont get it its not like the old days,whhen they tear off 1/2 your ticket they scan it now.

#29 thedowder

thedowder

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

idont get it its not like the old days,whhen they tear off 1/2 your ticket they scan it now.

I am not sure why they removed it either, but they did. I am guessing maybe they didn't have enough scanner. They were also purchased off of stubhub which likely means I am going to have to fight the season ticket holder to get the free tickets that are rightfully mine. The Devils definitely dropped the ball on this one. AGAIN!

#30 devsin4

devsin4

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

well it's 1103pm Looks like they fvcked us again, I'll check again tomorrow.

#31 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:08 PM

well it's 1103pm Looks like they fvcked us again, I'll check again tomorrow.

It's been there for hours! :lol:

http://devils.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=59957
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#32 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

The Devils really had a chance to redeem themselves and show the fans something, they screwed up again.

So they are going to send season ticket holders tickets to a game they already have. If people bought tickets from a season ticket holder, they have to fight the person for the tickets. People are going to try to sell them for a profit.

For the people that put out so much money for parking/food/tickets: they and their schedules can go screw themselves... You'll be getting tickets to whatever game the Devils feel like giving you. Hope you like Columbus and St. Louis!

The jury is still out but we'll see. So far, this looks sad.

From the site:

*If a season ticket holder sold their tickets on TicketExchange the buyer of the ticket will receive the free ticket, not the season ticket holder. If the season ticket holder sold their ticket in any other fashion, they will receive the free ticket and the actual holder of the ticket for January 8 will need to seek recourse through their means of purchase. (ie: Stubhub, agent, scalper, etc)

There isn't really much else they can do because they can't really track which STH sell their tickets to who.
Devils.

#33 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

From the site:

*If a season ticket holder sold their tickets on TicketExchange the buyer of the ticket will receive the free ticket, not the season ticket holder. If the season ticket holder sold their ticket in any other fashion, they will receive the free ticket and the actual holder of the ticket for January 8 will need to seek recourse through their means of purchase. (ie: Stubhub, agent, scalper, etc)

There isn't really much else they can do because they can't really track which STH sell their tickets to who.

I just got back from the thriller at MSG to this disappointment. The Devils SUCK. I am furious. I knew this would happen, and they would sh!t the bed yet AGAIN in a situation where they could finally do right by their fans. I bought my tickets on the secondary market (they were seasons) AND the numbnuts ticket-taker detached the barcode off of both tickets. This is ridiculous. Here is an IDEA: GIVE THE NEW TICKETS TO WHOEVER HAS THE FU**IN STUBS! How hard is that?!?!? I am calling the Devils tomorrow AM and they will hear it. This is beyond ridiculous.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#34 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

From the site:

That's why it should be up to the person that has the actual physical ticket in-hand to exchange it for the free game.

#35 thedowder

thedowder

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:00 AM

I just got back from the thriller at MSG to this disappointment. The Devils SUCK. I am furious. I knew this would happen, and they would sh!t the bed yet AGAIN in a situation where they could finally do right by their fans. I bought my tickets on the secondary market (they were seasons) AND the numbnuts ticket-taker detached the barcode off of both tickets. This is ridiculous. Here is an IDEA: GIVE THE NEW TICKETS TO WHOEVER HAS THE FU**IN STUBS! How hard is that?!?!? I am calling the Devils tomorrow AM and they will hear it. This is beyond ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more. This is absolutely rediculous. My girlfriend got me these tickets as a christmas present and bought them off Stubhub. They were also seasons. The free tickets should go to whoever has the stub. End of story.

ThreeCups, let me know how it goes when you call the Devils tomorrow.

#36 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:01 AM

You think the Devils really care about secondary buyers? Of course not!!! That's one less actual sale for them. Buying from a STH, to them, is the same as buying from a scalper outside the place! Which is really just about the same thing anyway. And they tell you not to buy from scalpers. So why would they want you to buy from a STH? You, as well as everyone else from that game who are bitching and complaining, need to use your heads and realize there isn't much they can do. They're not going to satisfy everyone, and for most people here it would probably be impossible to do. With all the complaints I've read about, I have not seen anyone actually say what they think should be done. In a logical way.

They said details would be up today. Fans are bitching that nothing was posted RIGHT AWAY! I was seeing posts from the AM hours of people complaining!! People who bought from STH aren't happy because now the STH can easily screw them out of the ticket...How is that the Devils fault now? You can't select the game YOU want, so now you'll complain. Do you really expect them to say "well you were at a Southeast game...So here's a ticket for a divisional game!!" I don't know how their bar code scanners work or if they can even scan the same ticket twice...I don't see why that wouldn't work like that as it should. Maybe they don't keep track of what was scanned and what wasn't...Why would they? I don't see why an usher would have ripped the ticket either. That's probably the only thing I would agree to the Devils being called about.
I think complaining about "being left in the dark" is the biggest POS excuse ever. Please, if anyone complaining really wanted to hear "the lights are still out" be told to them every ten minutes, then you are a moron. The only thing I would agree to is that the MSG feed should have been shown on the screen. But I'm not even sure if it's set up to do that. It might be a feed directed only to the broadcast and not to the "truck". Since they weren't sure how long the lights would be out for, would it really be worth running around to try to set it up so that it would be played? Absolutely not. People seem to think that everyone was just sitting around doing nothing while the lights were out.

I'm sure this is the most frantic week for tickets sales for the Devils. I know I would hate working there right now and have to deal with all the retarded comments I've been seeing.
Devils.

#37 steveo28584

steveo28584

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

That's why it should be up to the person that has the actual physical ticket in-hand to exchange it for the free game.

exactly. everyone with a stub should either have to mail it in or go to the box office to exchange it. why in the world would you mail new tickets to a game that a season ticket holder already has tickets to? what benefit do they get from that? i can't believe this is the best plan they could come up with.

#38 thedowder

thedowder

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:04 AM

I am not upset about anything other then how they are issuing the free tickets. I will take tickets to any game and be happy. I just don't understand why they can't have everyone return their stub in exchange for a ticket across the board. That seems to be the fairest way to handle it.

#39 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:06 AM

Aside from secondary buyers. They are saying anyone who bought tickets first hand, need to bring their physical ticket to get their free ticket. Any secondary buyer bought the ticket in a way that the Devils don't condone. So why should they do anything for them? That was a loss in ticket sales for them from buying secondary. The only thing I don't get is giving a free ticket to a full STH. That is what I think they need to work on.
Devils.

#40 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:08 AM

You think the Devils really care about secondary buyers? Of course not!!! That's one less actual sale for them. Buying from a STH, to them, is the same as buying from a scalper outside the place! Which is really just about the same thing anyway. And they tell you not to buy from scalpers. So why would they want you to buy from a STH? You, as well as everyone else from that game who are bitching and complaining, need to use your heads and realize there isn't much they can do. They're not going to satisfy everyone, and for most people here it would probably be impossible to do. With all the complaints I've read about, I have not seen anyone actually say what they think should be done. In a logical way.

They said details would be up today. Fans are bitching that nothing was posted RIGHT AWAY! I was seeing posts from the AM hours of people complaining!! People who bought from STH aren't happy because now the STH can easily screw them out of the ticket...How is that the Devils fault now? You can't select the game YOU want, so now you'll complain. Do you really expect them to say "well you were at a Southeast game...So here's a ticket for a divisional game!!" I don't know how their bar code scanners work or if they can even scan the same ticket twice...I don't see why that wouldn't work like that as it should. Maybe they don't keep track of what was scanned and what wasn't...Why would they? I don't see why an usher would have ripped the ticket either. That's probably the only thing I would agree to the Devils being called about.
I think complaining about "being left in the dark" is the biggest POS excuse ever. Please, if anyone complaining really wanted to hear "the lights are still out" be told to them every ten minutes, then you are a moron. The only thing I would agree to is that the MSG feed should have been shown on the screen. But I'm not even sure if it's set up to do that. It might be a feed directed only to the broadcast and not to the "truck". Since they weren't sure how long the lights would be out for, would it really be worth running around to try to set it up so that it would be played? Absolutely not. People seem to think that everyone was just sitting around doing nothing while the lights were out.

I'm sure this is the most frantic week for tickets sales for the Devils. I know I would hate working there right now and have to deal with all the retarded comments I've been seeing.

I do not care whether they care about secondary buyers. I am a paying customer, PERIOD! Can you read? YOU must be the moron. SEVERAL people here proposed a VERY SIMPLE solution. WHOEVER HAS THE TICKET(S) BRINGS THEM TO THE BOX OFFICE IN EXCHANGE FOR A FUTURE GAME! Common sense and very easily implemented.

Aside from secondary buyers. They are saying anyone who bought tickets first hand, need to bring their physical ticket to get their free ticket. Any secondary buyer bought the ticket in a way that the Devils don't condone. So why should they do anything for them? That was a loss in ticket sales for them from buying secondary. The only thing I don't get is giving a free ticket to a full STH. That is what I think they need to work on.

I DO NOT CARE WHETHER THEY "CONDONE" OF HOW I GOT MY TICKETS OR NOT! THEY ARE TICKETS THAT I PAID FOR! END OF STORY! You must be kidding me with the absolute bullsh!t you are posting.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users