So much for that experiment.

#3 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:33 PM

Not that big of a surprise. He failed to produce.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#4 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:40 PM

the only thing good about this guy was his pokemon name. he started awful, leveled off at bad, and then went to worse again. the magic offseason signing fails again lol.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#5 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

He got half a season, it's not like you couldn't say he didn't have his shot in the NHL.

#6 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:01 PM

For all of the shopping Lou does at the discount rack, he does get some players who contribute, but obviously they're not all going to pan out. If only Peters was next...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#7 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

For all of the shopping Lou does at the discount rack, he does get some players who contribute, but obviously they're not all going to pan out. If only Peters was next...

Right. For every Brian Rafalski, John Madden or Johnny Oduya that Lou seems to pluck from thin air, there will also be an Ilkka Pikkarainen or Jari Viuhkola mixed in as well.

Clearly, the trend indicates that Lou should stick with guys whose names are easier (or at least more fun) to pronounce.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#8 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

Was he placed on waivers in order to be sent to Lowell? Either way, I thought he had
1 good game, it might've been the Colorado game, every time he had the puck
he rifled it toward the net. Even without scoring, he created opportunities by shooting.
Otherwise, he was a body & we needed bodies with all the injuries.

#9 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

Was he placed on waivers in order to be sent to Lowell? Either way, I thought he had
he rifled it toward the net. Even without scoring, he created opportunities by shooting.

Yeah, but I think the Devils realize that they have Halischuk, Palmieri, Zharkov and Davis who don't look out of place in the NHL and would rather go with one of them. I think they expected Pikka to be a Clarkson type player... banger with a scoring touch, which he was in Europe. Just didn't work out.

He came back hungry when they sent him down a few months ago, but doesn't seem able to keep it up.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#10 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

Lou actually sounded pretty excited when he signed him...he liked what Pikka was doing for HIFK Helinski (24 G in 54 GP) and thought he could contribute more than one might expect.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#11 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

On the plus side, wondering who Lou's mystery player from Europe was going to be was fun for a couple of days. Cup. Ours.
It's the whiskey talking.

#12 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

I predicted this after his bad last game... the Pikka experiment is over
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#13 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

I hate point fingers at a guy when they are clearly trying, but I think this was coming and was due. He really stood out in his last few games.....and I'll leave it at that.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#14 USC09

USC09

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

No surprise at all, might as well put Peters on waivers as well. Hopefully Lou can get some actual scoring at the deadline for the playoffs finally. I doubt he would be claimed though so Lowell is likely the destination.

#15 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

YES

disregard pikka

#16 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

disregard peters, too.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#17 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:59 PM

Best birthday present ever!!!!!!!!!
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#18 RicPerrott

RicPerrott

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

Best birthday present ever!!!!!!!!!

What about the time I got you the Devils tickets?? Or the PS2??? (Wait, that was Christmas wasn't it?)

Ah screw it.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ;)

p.s. check your XBL

#19 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, but I think the Devils realize that they have Halischuk, Palmieri, Zharkov and Davis who don't look out of place in the NHL and would rather go with one of them. I think they expected Pikka to be a Clarkson type player... banger with a scoring touch, which he was in Europe. Just didn't work out.

He came back hungry when they sent him down a few months ago, but doesn't seem able to keep it up.

I agree with this, plenty of the young guys are NHL ready.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#20 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:26 PM

maybe we're just freeing up # 17 for Sykora's return
:whistling:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users