22 replies to this topic

#1 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 05:09 PM

I have to say, reading the stuff over on the philly board is quite amusing today. Although I do feel for them. I mean really, their "storied franchise" has just been surpassed by a team who in their own words has no fan support. Here we have a team made up of players who play within themselves, play within a system, and just keep getting the job done. All they have to make themselves feel better is the fact that their fan support may be a bit better. Sad but true Devils fans, we dont have the same strength in fan support of the Devils as the Flyers fans have of the Flyers. All we have is 3 Stanley Cup Championships in the last 9 years. Damn I feel horrible now. It will be hard to sleep tonight thinking about how we may someday acheive the level of fan support that Philly has.

Damn Flyers fans, I hope you are happy now, you spoiled my STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONSHIP celebration ..... NOT :lol:

Oh well I guess I better figure out how I am gonna get my team Championship Video and Hat.

#2 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 06:25 PM

We got plenty of great fans. When your team sucks like the Flyers do, all those fans can come up with is the so-called "lack of fan" trash talk. It is really so old.

Proud Devils Fan! NJ DEVILS 2003 Stanley Cup Champions!
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#3 SBT

SBT

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 06:27 PM

Sad but true

Indeed.

#4 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 06:44 PM

This Philly fan I know called us out for booing Giguere. If this happened vs. Philly, Duck fans would be leaving in stretchers.
Posted Image

#5 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 06:58 PM

I posted over there that they were nitpicking. Oh well, I wanted to see their reaction to the their rivals winning the cup. Few of them give credit most just resort to knocking our sell out last night as all Islander fans :roll:

Is it our fault some people don't know hockey or quality teams if it hit them in the head?

#6 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 07:22 PM

NO ONE BOOED GIGUERE!

They booed the choice. THE CHOICE.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#7 HockeyMom

HockeyMom

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 09:21 PM

You know how the heck can an Islander fan say anything about lack of a fan base? Excuuuuuuuuse me? They need to look in the mirror. What is that bs anyhow? I laugh my butt off everytime I see a ilse fan talk about our lack of fan support. Sheesh.......

Jealousy and nothing else to say I guess.
Don't sweat the little ones!

#8 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 09:28 PM

They all suck.

Any other questions? :evil:
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#9 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 09:29 PM

F the Flyer fans. Wouldn't know the meaning of Team since the Flyers are a bunch of has been's and never was.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#10 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 09:34 PM

I think DM means the Failure fans call us 'Islander' fans, since they seem to think we couldn't actually be Devils fans.

A-holes.

One Toronto board actually had a thread congratulating Jimmy Leeds!!

The gripe in Toronto is the old 'boredom' schtick.

Most say they'd rather not win the cup then win it the way Jersey does!!

HAHAHAHAHA
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#11 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 09:41 PM

JL:

Most say they'd rather not win the cup then win it the way Jersey does!!

Well they're getting their wish :evil:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#12 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,343 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 10:06 PM

why even go over there? One reason only -- you like to be aggitated :P

I'm here for the party

#13 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 10:08 PM

why even go over there? One reason only -- you like to be aggitated :P

Yeah, by them and by you, Pepper, for making fun of me doing it!! ;)
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#14 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,343 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 10:18 PM

Well teh Leafs board can be fun...notice sittler writes more on the Philthy board than the leaf board? He totally wussed on me when I even jokingly attacked him -- humourless windbag!

I have to go to bed!!

humoUrless?!?! :blink: WTF? Am I CANADIAN NOW?? BEEEDDDD

GOOD NIGHT!!

I'm here for the party

#15 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 10:43 PM

This Philly fan I know called us out for booing Giguere. If this happened vs. Philly, Duck fans would be leaving in stretchers.

Well, someone was carried out on a stretcher. Duck fan? Devil fan? I can't find any stories as to who or what happened though.
So Say We All

#16 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 10:46 PM

They got hit with a puck. I think. I saw it, down just to the right of the Ducks bench on the opposite side (the Penalty box side).
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#17 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 11:02 PM

I was at flyersphans.com last night ans it was just plain sad. Those people are so bitter.

Boredom - guess what, the Flyers play the trap too and, guess what, the Flyers' offense was worse (regular season and of course playoffs).

When Flyers win with the trap, "NOW THAT'S GREAT HOCKEY!"

When anyone else wins with the trap, "IT'S SO FRIGGIN' BORING, IT'S RUINING THE NHL."

They are very bitter about the things we have that they don't...

...such as a good goaltender. They badmouthed Brodeur for making Cup-raising motions when Gigeure got the Smythe. What the hell else would he do? This isn't a classless thing, it's trying to get your point across - Gigeure was a lock for the Smythe before the Finals EVEN STARTED - that's bullsh!t. I'm sorry, I'm not saying Brodeur should have gotten it or that Gigeure shouldn't have gotten it. I'm saying that the way it was decided took absolutely nothing out of the Finals series - the most important series.

Eh, screw 'em, we have a cup, they're bitter. They can say anything they want. Their season was over a while ago. Ours was over yesterday - with the Cup in our hands.

Then again, they do speak very wisely, saying things like, "F THE DEBBIES AND F THEIR F ING FANS." Very intelligent fans indeed. I'd take 13,000 smart people over 18,000 robotic hatemongers any day. I'm sorry, I take that back, one of my good friends at school is a Flyers fan, make that 17,999 robotic hatemonger fans. :)

#18 devs23

devs23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 11:03 PM

chechmanek is a horrible playoff goalie (serious lack of save control) - flyers and rangers differ in salary only - otherwise, they both suck and hopefully will never raise Lord Stanley's cup ever again (God willing)

#19 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:44 AM

now now there......the Rangirl$ only have 45 years left till their next one.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#20 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 10:04 AM

When Flyers win with the trap, "NOW THAT'S GREAT HOCKEY!"

When anyone else wins with the trap, "IT'S SO FRIGGIN' BORING, IT'S RUINING THE NHL."

:lol: :lol: :lol: Have they forgotten who their coach is?
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users