1089 replies to this topic

#401 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

you could apply Zubrus too... we'd come out slightly ahead in the cap department. it doesn't make any sense. why would you trade him to a competing team and leave them open to make more moves... unless it comes down to absolute desperation, but I'd rather just take Jack Johnson by himself (+ whatever cap consideration they need) than do that.

That's if the Kings want to give him JJ.

#402 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

I'm not sure I agree, Waddell maybe looking for a proven leader, a guy he's worked with before (Rolston on Team USA in 2006 and he played well), a guy who can take the "C" for a little bit (like Mellanby, Holik, etc), as much as we give him sh!t to Rolston - he's well respected throughout the league.

well, then warm up the plane, because that would be the best trade in Devils history, even if Kovalchuk left

That's if the Kings want to give him JJ.

I don't think they are against giving them JJ, it's just the Thrashers want more. maybe facing down the sheer awfulness of whatever the Devils offer (real or imagined) must be, would get them to back down.

#403 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:50 PM

well, then warm up the plane, because that would be the best trade in Devils history, even if Kovalchuk left

well said lmao.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#404 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

I'm not sure I agree, Waddell maybe looking for a proven leader, a guy he's worked with before (Rolston on Team USA in 2006 and he played well), a guy who can take the "C" for a little bit (like Mellanby, Holik, etc), as much as we give him sh!t to Rolston - he's well respected throughout the league.

Even if Waddel was interested in him, I just can't see Rolston waiving his NTC to go to a team that's not contending.

#405 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:53 PM

I didn't see this mentioned here yet, sorry if I missed it, but Vasyunov and Eckford didn't play for Lowell tonight. Maybe they are sick or injured, maybe it's for another reason.

I checked the game before tonight (Jan. 31st) and they both played, but tonight they didn't. Mmm...
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#406 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:53 PM

"The latest from ESPN.com's Pierre Lebrun has sources telling him that the Boston Bruins are no longer in the running for Ilya Kovalchuk's services and the Vancouver Canucks and New Jersey Devils are only monitoring the situation.

from http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=515802

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#407 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

Even if Waddel was interested in him, I just can't see Rolston waiving his NTC to go to a team that's not contending.

It's a small chance sure...but there are worse things in life if you are LL/Rolly. The only thing in my end is, I don't see Lou has a Burke type to try and force the issue. He seems like a guy if has a NTC with a player, he won't try and cross that line.

#408 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

"The latest from ESPN.com's Pierre Lebrun has sources telling him that the Boston Bruins are no longer in the running for Ilya Kovalchuk's services and the Vancouver Canucks and New Jersey Devils are only monitoring the situation.

He also says Philly is out in his update. That leaves the Kings.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#409 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:56 PM

Dudley was at the game tonight. we're not monitoring the situation. this is getting kinda odd. the Thrashers were also here on Friday. obviously now, it wasn't because of the Leafs...

#410 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:57 PM

If he is a true team player he waives the NTC. Its the only honorable thing to do. He has got to understand that the Devils are much better off without him. One can only hope that both he and Lou are discussing this very same thing at Panera as this very moment. "Brian, thanks for everything but you need to get the fvck out."
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#411 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

Remember...the Devils name will always be in the mix because Lou will never confirm or deny anything to the media. All these reporters have sources from other teams telling them they are out, but none of those guys have any sources inside the Devils organization. Just some food for thought...

Edited by devilsrule33, 03 February 2010 - 10:05 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#412 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:00 PM

If he is a true team player he waives the NTC. Its the only honorable thing to do. He has got to understand that the Devils are much better off without him. One can only hope that both he and Lou are discussing this very same thing at Panera as this very moment. "Brian, thanks for everything but you need to get the fvck out."

LOL, I laughed out loud at that :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#413 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

Remember...the Devils names will always be in the mix because Lou will never confirm or deny anything to the media. All these reporters have sources from other teams telling them they are out, but none of those guys have any sources inside the Devils organization. Just some food for thought...

when the associate GM shows up to this game and there's weird scratches, again, something is up... it doesn't mean something is going to happen, but if Eckford wasn't scratched hurt, that's very weird. it doesn't mean he's going to Atlanta in a potential trade, either... it could be because Lou is expecting to call him up and doesn't want to take any risks

#414 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

...the Wolves are Atlanta's farm team. Watch we get Chelios instead. :P

(although even at this point)... Chelios > Mottau ;)

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#415 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

when the associate GM shows up to this game and there's weird scratches, again, something is up... it doesn't mean something is going to happen, but if Eckford wasn't scratched hurt, that's very weird. it doesn't mean he's going to Atlanta in a potential trade, either... it could be because Lou is expecting to call him up and doesn't want to take any risks

Watch, Eckford will be playing Friday vs Leafs...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#416 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

Watch, Eckford will be playing Friday vs Leafs...

he might be. but he won't be unless someone is moved.

#417 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

max - What do you mean by 'associate GM shows up to this game' ?
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#418 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

he might be. but he won't be unless someone is moved.

Can't someone be scratched?

Basically Atlanta's assistant GM was at The Rock tonight checking out the Lowell game....where there is smoke, there is FIRE!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#419 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

Rick Dudley was at the game tonight at the Rock. normally, this time of year, you wouldn't waste your time going to this unless something was up. you'd really have to like hockey to watch Lowell vs. Hartford. if there's going to be a trade, it's going to probably happen before ATL plays again. and there were weird scratches tonight... Eckford is a very weird scratch. you wouldn't think he'd be involved in this, and if he was, you'd want him playing anyway.

there's only two reasonable explainations for it. 1) he's hurt, or 2) the Devils are planning to call him up.

#420 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

Rick Dudley was at the game tonight at the Rock. normally, this time of year, you wouldn't waste your time going to this unless something was up. you'd really have to like hockey to watch Lowell vs. Hartford. if there's going to be a trade, it's going to probably happen before ATL plays again. and there were weird scratches tonight... Eckford is a very weird scratch. you wouldn't think he'd be involved in this, and if he was, you'd want him playing anyway.

there's only two reasonable explainations for it. 1) he's hurt, or 2) the Devils are planning to call him up.

or he's a part of the deal. This is an AHL Star D-Man - good for a trade...not bad considering a late pick too.

Or he's going to be called up for an Oduya trade. You gotta think though if that was the case, Eckford would've still played tonight unless the Devils were afraid of getting bitten if they traded Oduya and Eckford got hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users