http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=515705

#422 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

or he's a part of the deal. This is an AHL Star D-Man - good for a trade...not bad considering a late pick too.

Or he's going to be called up for an Oduya trade. You gotta think though if that was the case, Eckford would've still played tonight unless the Devils were afraid of getting bitten if they traded Oduya and Eckford got hurt.

If after all this NOTHING happens, I am gonna be so pissed! I have been checking sites nonstop since yesterday morning now! The suspense is killing me....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#423 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:18 PM

or he's a part of the deal. This is an AHL Star D-Man - good for a trade...not bad considering a late pick too.

Or he's going to be called up for an Oduya trade. You gotta think though if that was the case, Eckford would've still played tonight unless the Devils were afraid of getting bitten if they traded Oduya and Eckford got hurt.

they don't have anyone else other than Smurphy. it would be worthy of a scratch, to make sure he doesn't get hurt.

#424 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:21 PM

of course, tomorrow morning we'll find out Oduya and Mottau are puking their guts out, and one of them might miss Friday's game... which will take all the fun out of this.

#425 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

of course, tomorrow morning we'll find out Oduya and Mottau are puking their guts out, and one of them might miss Friday's game... which will take all the fun out of this.

Damn you!! Logic usually wins out. They're probably sick.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#426 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:23 PM

they don't have anyone else other than Smurphy. it would be worthy of a scratch, to make sure he doesn't get hurt.

Corrente too.

#427 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

I have a feeling you guys are going to work yourself up into a frenzy only to be really disappointed.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#428 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:26 PM

I have a feeling you guys are going to work yourself up into a frenzy only to be really disappointed.

Something has to be happening. There are too many things going on, even if it is only a minor deal...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#429 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

oh i def agree, but its nice to be a part of the hype, its very exciting.

#430 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

You know as bad as much as some of these players piss me off cough* Rolston, Oduya *cough, I feel sorta bad for wishing exile upon them. But just thinking about dumping those awful contracts literally gives me butterflies in my stomach. Sianara bitches.

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#431 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

how did this rumor originally start? were there rumblings of anything before potvin cryptically commented on a deal?

the trail being left is marvelous right now. if it turned out to be absolutely nothing, i'll find it to be absolutely hilarious that so many links were able to be made. bravo, fans, bravo.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#432 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:32 PM

Let us live west coast! Considering the way this team has been playing the last month, and where they are heading, this is probably the most excitement we'll get this season.

#433 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

Corrente too.

not to replace someone that moves the puck, though.

#434 arena2004

arena2004

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

Don't like it. The guy will get 10 mill per season and not from Lou. Kovalchuk takes a few nights off per season and this team is in fine form with two All Stars and a solid two way player due back after the Olympics.

Lou wants Marty to have another Cup under his belt before he (both) retire but not the right move.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

"
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities."

2010 Bon Jovi Tickets Here!

Posted Image

#435 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

I didn't get sucked in until I heard about the Lowell stuff. which is weird. then I remembered half the team is sick. I guess we'll see. :lol:

#436 Par9

Par9

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

I won't be able sleep tonight. Isn't it weird the NHL.com seems to reporting all this? They don't usually report any rumors, trade talks, etc. Anyway should be interesting next couple days. :whistling:
Official Keeper of Adam Henrique, White on the PP, and Darcy Zajac

#437 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:44 PM

Let us examine all the pieces of evidence:

Waddell attends Devils/Kings 1/31 in NJ
Dudley attends Devils/Leafs 2/2 in Toronto
Dudley attends Lowell/Hartford 2/3 in NJ

Players sit out for Lowell for the 2/3 game

There is something to this all...

#438 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

This fvckin thread grows 8 pages every time I step away for a few hours.

Anybody feel like posting bullet points on new developments? :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#439 Allthegoodnamesweretaken

Allthegoodnamesweretaken

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:48 PM

Some of you people should bring down your hope a little bit. It's really gonna suck for you when nothing happens involving the Devils. On the flip side, if it did happen, you would be more excited.

Edited by Allthegoodnamesweretaken, 03 February 2010 - 10:54 PM.

#440 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:48 PM

Let us examine all the pieces of evidence:

Waddell attends Devils/Kings 1/31 in NJ
Dudley attends Devils/Leafs 2/2 in Toronto
Dudley attends Lowell/Hartford 2/3 in NJ

Players sit out for Lowell for the 2/3 game

There is something to this all...

Posted Image

Welcome back Anssi

Edited by SickMan, 03 February 2010 - 10:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users