1089 replies to this topic

#481 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:21 AM

whos the guy on twitter that breaks all the news? this year hes been the first most of the time.

#482 brickwall30

brickwall30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:26 AM

whos the guy on twitter that breaks all the news? this year hes been the first most of the time.

Darren Dreger is the one that's been getting almost everything right and first this year. Though he has been strangely quiet on the Kovie business. Bob Mckenzie has been the big man reporting so far (as far as credible sources go), but as he himself has said in his blog if anyone actually knows anything that Lou is thinking about step up because he doesn't. He is the most active among the big reporters on this story.

#483 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:30 AM

Here's why I'm starting to think that this rumor could be true: In the last few years, most rumors involving the Devils were proven to be false fairly quickly. Not only is this Kovalchuk rumor still alive, it actually seems to be gaining steam as time goes on.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#484 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:30 AM

fvck school this is waaaay more important.

#485 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:31 AM

To qualify that, however, I'm not about to say that I 100% believe the deal will take place; only that it's a legitimate possibility.

Posted Image

#486 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:32 AM

fvck school this is waaaay more important.

I have to wake up for work in 5 hours! :dance:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#487 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

Is that guy credible?

He knows some players. He said we signed Peters two weeks before it was announced and said the Rags would sign Brashear and that happened. Those are two pretty weird things to predict if you're just pulling things out of your @ss. He also nailed a major deal the Rangers made in the last year. He's now saying Devil players are texting each other like mad.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#488 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

i cant even sleep right now...which sucks cause i gotta get up at 7 for an 8AM

#489 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:43 AM

He knows some players. He said we signed Peters two weeks before it was announced and said the Rags would sign Brashear and that happened. Those are two pretty weird things to predict if you're just pulling things out of your @ss. He also nailed a major deal the Rangers made in the last year. He's now saying Devil players are texting each other like mad.

I can only pray that this was a done deal tonight and they are waiting until tomorrow to make the announcement. Friday Feb. 5: NJ Devils (WITH KOVALCHUK!) host the Toronto Maple Leafs? :dance:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#490 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:45 AM

when was the last time the devils were in a rumor this big, for this long?... Souray. and we all know how that ended.

just trying to stay sane. AHHHHHHHH :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

#491 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:49 AM

Oh I'm sure Lou got wind of all this and pulled the plug. It will end up being a 5th rounder for Salmela.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#492 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:49 AM

when was the last time the devils were in a rumor this big, for this long?... Souray. and we all know how that ended.

just trying to stay sane. AHHHHHHHH :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Wasn't it only one night where it was announced that the Devils had actually signed Souray? And wasn't it just some random website reporting that he had signed? It seems like this Kovalchuk rumor has lasted longer and with more credible sources.

Posted Image

#493 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:52 AM

this is the latest article i found from tsn about a half an hour ago...not much but says trade inevitable by the end of the week..maybe i can go to sleep now lol

http://www.nhlintel....o-expect-trade/

believe-zubrus.jpg

#494 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:52 AM

This is like Christmas Eve age 5 hoping you awake to find that Santa brought that shiny new bicycle! I can't take it!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#495 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:58 AM

Or it could be Christmas Morning where you run down the stairs in excitement only to remember that you're Jewish.

(Dave Attell joke)

#496 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:03 AM

I find it strange that there was no follow up on what potvin said to start this all. Is it a daily xm radio show he has?

#497 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:06 AM

Wasn't it only one night where it was announced that the Devils had actually signed Souray? And wasn't it just some random website reporting that he had signed? It seems like this Kovalchuk rumor has lasted longer and with more credible sources.

iirc, nhlline.ca reported for almost 4 DAYS that souray to nj was a done deal...

yes, this potential trade has a lot more backing. scouts being at our last two games and a lowell game? pretty incrdible. considering vasyunov, eckford, halischuk all got scratched. all the signs point to kovy to nj and words cannot describe how awesome that would be.

someone at hf (who also posts here, i think. maybe mp?) suggested the longer this goes on for the less likely it becomes, which i agree with.

#498 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:13 AM

iirc, nhlline.ca reported for almost 4 DAYS that souray to nj was a done deal...

yes, this potential trade has a lot more backing. scouts being at our last two games and a lowell game? pretty incrdible. considering vasyunov, eckford, halischuk all got scratched. all the signs point to kovy to nj and words cannot describe how awesome that would be.

someone at hf (who also posts here, i think. maybe mp?) suggested the longer this goes on for the less likely it becomes, which i agree with.

yeah, that's me. I think that because the offer isn't that good, and we could be the middle man in a chicken game between ATL/LA...

it doesn't meet Waddell's need to keep them in it this year. Bergfors is gassed, Palmieri is a greenhorn and Oduya is Oduya. but it could be that something else is involved. the noise is getting louder, or Bob McKenzie is fvcking with us.
either way.

reminds me of Gilmour in that something that seemed like a joke built up steam...

#499 Bringbackbrylin

Bringbackbrylin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:20 AM

dont forget atlanta owes us for havelid being a bust haha

gallery_47_36_882.png of The Championship Plaza brick my ex-girlfriend got me

#500 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:21 AM

I hope we are not being used as a pawn to jack up the price on Kovalchuk. If we get Kovalchuk I will absolutely love him. If we do not, I will just get disgusted looking at him in the future, knowing that we WERE in play to get him at one point...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users