1089 replies to this topic

#621 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:55 PM

I still think Zajac would be traded. Thrashers need bodies and are in the playoff race. Just a hunch

That would completely screw up the team. Other than Brodeur, Zajac is probably our most important player. He's our best center by far.

#622 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:57 PM

Zajac isn't going anywhere. It's a non starter.

#623 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

I still think Zajac would be traded. Thrashers need bodies and are in the playoff race. Just a hunch

A player of Zajac's caliber is not getting dealt for a rental. Jordan Staal didn't go for Hossa, Travis Zajac won't go for Kovalchuk.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#624 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,454 posts

We get Kovy and its not out of the realm of possibility that we sellout every single game the rest of the way.

Never happen.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#625 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:58 PM

I will bet serious money against Zajac getting trading and give odds
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#626 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:00 PM

Never happen.

I don't think it's that definite....I could see it happening.
Posted Image

#627 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts

Never happen.

Now that I'll agree with. Let's face it, we just don't sellout games. But who cares. Kovy will put more butts in the seats though. Whether it be 5 or 150 butts, it'll be a plus at the very least.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#628 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,086 posts

if kovalchuk doesn't have atlanta selling out every game, why would that happen here? c'mon people, let's think. (sarcasm mark)

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#629 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:02 PM

Zajac would be one of the last people on this team to be traded, probably right behind Brodeur and Parise. Not just because of his skills and potential in the future, but because we are already hurting mightily in the Center department, and letting Zajac go would basically gut the first line, regardless who you have playing on the wings. I'm pretty sure you can take Zajac out of any trade talk, unless there is another center of equal caliber coming back.

Edited by Amberite, 04 February 2010 - 01:02 PM.

#630 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

if kovalchuk doesn't have atlanta selling out every game, why would that happen here? c'mon people, let's think. (sarcasm mark)

Atlanta isn't selling out every game, because traditionally they've been a dreadful team, in a bad sports market generally, much less for hockey. While I don't think the Devils sell out every game if Kovs comes here, attendance would definitely go up in the short term, just for fans to come and see him while the novelty is still there.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#631 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

What is the over/under on how many pages this thread hits before Kovalchuk is dealt SOMEWHERE? I will set the line at 58.5 and will take the OVER....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#632 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

What is the over/under on how many pages this thread hits before Kovalchuk is dealt SOMEWHERE? I will set the line at 58.5 and will take the OVER....

im taking the push

#633 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:12 PM

Under.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#634 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

this thread might as well be njdevs.com the next few days hahaha. if there isn't a trade done by tonight, im givng up though. think about it, what else could be holding back the trade? the only realistic thing i could imagine is lou talking rolston into waiving the ntc, but then again that wouldn't be part of the oduya, bergfors, palmeiri and a 1st rumor. waddell getting cold feet? tonight is the perfect time for a trade considering its before the olympics, waddell said he would be traded in the next 5 days, and both teams are off tonight. cmonnnnnnnn

#635 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

this thread might as well be njdevs.com the next few days hahaha. if there isn't a trade done by tonight, im givng up though. think about it, what else could be holding back the trade? the only realistic thing i could imagine is lou talking rolston into waiving the ntc, but then again that wouldn't be part of the oduya, bergfors, palmeiri and a 1st rumor. waddell getting cold feet? tonight is the perfect time for a trade considering its before the olympics, waddell said he would be traded in the next 5 days, and both teams are off tonight. cmonnnnnnnn

Maybe the Devils' flu bug is holding up the trade (hypothetically), I mean if we traded Oduya and Greene couldn't play tomorrow night then you're talking about Salvador, White, Mottau, Fraser and two other ?'s (Corrente or Davison and Eckford). That's a lot of crap to be playing on D in one or two games.

#636 magicducksauce

magicducksauce

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:22 PM

just wake me up when this nonsense is over
Posted Image
Thanks to Zajkisen for this pic!

#637 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:23 PM

Lets face it after the Wayne Gretzky trade you can never say never, but highly unlikely, I think Langs would go way before Zajack. Youth and exp in Zajack is worth too much, I just hope it is a good deal Lou is usually good with these so I trust him. I also think Lou is not shy if he has no interest he would have said so.

I remember when we got Stevens in the arbitrary case and everyone said no way it would happen.

What ever happens its making my day go by quick.. LOL

#638 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:23 PM

Maybe the Devils' flu bug is holding up the trade (hypothetically), I mean if we traded Oduya and Greene couldn't play tomorrow night then you're talking about Salvador, White, Mottau, Fraser and two other ?'s (Corrente or Davison and Eckford). That's a lot of crap to be playing on D in one or two games.

If that is the case shame on Lou. Take your chances for a game or 2 with the sick lineup to get this deal DONE before another team swoops in at the last second and snags Ilya from us. I suspect that Waddell is fielding any and all offers he can get in hopes of inflating Ilya's value before he is finally dealt.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#639 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:24 PM

Lets face it after the Wayne Gretzky trade you can never say never, but highly unlikely, I think Langs would go way before Zajack. Youth and exp in Zajack is worth too much, I just hope it is a good deal Lou is usually good with these so I trust him. I also think Lou is not shy if he has no interest he would have said so.

I remember when we got Stevens in the arbitrary case and everyone said no way it would happen.

What ever happens its making my day go by quick.. LOL

Zajac you mean
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#640 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:24 PM

solid speculation njdevs26. I also forgot to add, hopefully all the already contenders go one runs, the middling teams blow, and the devils get blown out in the next week. an embaressment at the garden could be just what the doctor orders to get lou to make some calls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users