1089 replies to this topic

#721 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:53 PM

The fact that he turned out the ATL offer shows that he doesnt just care about money because no team is going to offer him more money than ATL did. So, i dont think the reputation he has about not wanting to win or just wanting money are true. Maybe we could re-sign him afterall if we traded for him.

Edited by devlman, 04 February 2010 - 03:53 PM.

#722 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:57 PM

one of the morons 'covering' hockey for espnews mentioned not to forget about the flyers as atlanta had scouts there last week. hello? they have had scouts at 3 of our games including a lowell-hartford game! the bias against the devils is pissing me off, it will make it that much better when this goes through

#723 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:57 PM

In the words of Squints from the Sandlot: "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!"
Posted Image

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#724 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

one of the morons 'covering' hockey for espnews mentioned not to forget about the flyers as atlanta had scouts there last week. hello? they have had scouts at 3 of our games including a lowell-hartford game! the bias against the devils is pissing me off, it will make it that much better when this goes through

it's not bias, it's ESPN's sh!tty hockey coverage, which probably consists of Barnaby and Melrose sitting in a break room playing NHL 10 all day, in between their 3 appearences a week.

#725 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

it's not bias, it's ESPN's sh!tty hockey coverage, which probably consists of Barnaby and Melrose sitting in a break room playing NHL 10 all day, in between their 3 appearences a week.

Excellent.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#726 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:03 PM

:rofl:

#727 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

Dude, you seriously need to take a chill pill. All the guy said was not to forget about the Flyers as a possible destination. He's not under a journalistic obligation to mention in every single article about Kovalchuk that Atlanta had scouts at more Devils games. It has nothing to do with bias.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#728 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:12 PM

Well, Kovalchuk turns down a 101M/12yrs deal from Waddell. Let the risk begin.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308935

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#729 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

Well, Kovalchuk turns down a 101M/12yrs deal from Waddell. Let the risk begin.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308935

You are about 3 pages too late :)
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#730 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:15 PM

Was there any follow up on what Potvin said on his radio show?

Edited by The Facepainter, 04 February 2010 - 04:15 PM.

#731 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

Was there any follow up on what Potvin said on his radio show?

He won't suck as much if we get Kovalchuk.
It's the whiskey talking.

#732 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

TG is saying some KHL team is reported to have offered Kovalchuk some monster contract with 3/4 of it promised upfront. I don't know anything about the KHL, but I see that all of their arenas are small (7000 - 11000 seat capacity), and they play far fewer games per season than the NHL. I'm just wondering, how can KHL teams afford to pay their players so much when they play fewer games with less capacity?

#733 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:36 PM

I'm just wondering, how can KHL teams afford to pay their players so much when they play fewer games with less capacity?

Russian mafia ;)

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#734 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,046 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

TG is saying some KHL team is reported to have offered Kovalchuk some monster contract with 3/4 of it promised upfront. I don't know anything about the KHL, but I see that all of their arenas are small (7000 - 11000 seat capacity), and they play far fewer games per season than the NHL. I'm just wondering, how can KHL teams afford to pay their players so much when they play fewer games with less capacity?

the teams that spend big money are owned by oil billionaires who don't care if their team makes money.

Edited by Triumph, 04 February 2010 - 04:38 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#735 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:43 PM

KHL teams always try this, and have had success with only one bona fide NHL star that I know, Jagr, although even that's debatable. Some teams there are known to renege on payments to players, and I certainly wouldn't want anything to do with the Russian court system to enforce a contract with the local oligarch. The level of competition is nowhere near the NHL, plus, no matter what kind of money they're paying you, you still live in a country that for the large part is slightly above a third world country.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#736 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:45 PM

Man, I know I wouldn't want to have that. That's some mafia holding it over your head for the next decade.

#737 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

:clap: :haha2:

Post of the day, sir, post of the day.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#738 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

the teams that spend big money are owned by oil billionaires who don't care if their team makes money.

Yea that's what I figured. Although still, $100 million is not exactly chump change, even to a billionaire. It just sort of boggles the mind that these people throw away so much money just to have their team win some championship without regard to whether they'll get it back or not. It's somewhat similar in European soccer, although at least in soccer there is a huge rabid fanbase that fills up hugh stadiums, which the KHL doesn't seem to have.

KHL teams always try this, and have had success with only one bona fide NHL star that I know, Jagr, although even that's debatable. Some teams there are known to renege on payments to players, and I certainly wouldn't want anything to do with the Russian court system to enforce a contract with the local oligarch. The level of competition is nowhere near the NHL, plus, no matter what kind of money they're paying you, you still live in a country that for the large part is slightly above a third world country.

Yep I have a friend who grew up in Russia and their legal system is basically a joke. One of his second cousins just got arrested for pimping ( :lol: ), not because it's wrong, but because he didn't give the officer enough bribe money. By not offering the money, it's like an affront to their system and he's getting prosecuted on that reason alone (obviously, with the pretense of pimping).

#739 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

Well Potvin's either gonna be golden at the end of this or the dope who started one of the biggest internet spazzouts in history.

#740 koolkoreankid23

koolkoreankid23

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

:boogie:

This is driving me insane!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users