It's the whiskey talking.

#102 Devil Dog

Devil Dog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

Given that Atlanta has stated that they will not allow a team to negotiate a long term deal prior to a trade happening truely makes this a rental situation. I think that the number and caliber of players needed to make a trade for a rental player measurably drops versus a player under contract for a couple of more years.

That being said I doubt this is anything more than Potvin tossing out a comment without any backing.

I guess the $10 million dollar question is whether Kovy's attitude changes coming to this team, with its playoff history, its coaching staff and veteran players?

Gomez has not been the same player since leaving. That shows how being on the right team can impact a players approach/commitment to the game.

STill not going to happen though.
George Martin and Son should be shot for what they did to The Beatles.

The Eagle picks my eye, the worm he licks my bones.
Feel so suicidal, just like Dylan's Mr. Jones.

Is this heaven? No its Iowa.

#103 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

if he compared it to the mogilny trade why would he have mentioned the flyers? but who cares, he could've said kovalchuk to the blues and it would've made as much sense.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#104 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:43 AM

Damn. NHL XM has a paywall, anyone with XM/Sirius account want to see if you can listen in?

#105 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

I doubt this happens. He is really not a Lou or Jacques type player. I mean the game that Bergfors had two goals and an assist in a 4-1 win over Pittsburgh, Jacques slammed him for having a bad game because he has not played defense.

I actually attribute his slump to the fact that the coaching staff keeps crapping on the kid.

#106 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

lol! This is like the "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast in the 30s.

Can anyone confirm that both teams were mentioned by Potvin?

#107 acklaw

acklaw

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:46 AM

Damn. NHL XM has a paywall, anyone with XM/Sirius account want to see if you can listen in?

I think the show has a facebook page -- XM Hockey This Morning. They may have put the audio up there.

#108 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

The morning skate should be happening right now, let's see if TG reports anyone missing from the ice.
Posted Image

#109 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

We do need a #17.

Oh fvck. We're getting Sykora back, aren't we? :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#110 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:50 AM

I think the show has a facebook page -- XM Hockey This Morning. They may have put the audio up there.

Yeah they uploaded all of their show onto their facebook page, I'm listening now.
Posted Image

#111 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:51 AM

To indulge the fantasy for a minute like everyone else has, dealing for Kovalchuk sort of forces you to use Elias at center which the Devils have been trying to avoid the last few months. Parise and Kovalchuk aren't moving from LW and you aren't having three players of that caliber play the same position. Especially since we have no second offensive line center as it is.

#112 acklaw

acklaw

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

Yeah they uploaded all of their show onto their facebook page, I'm listening now.

I just found it. It's at the end of the interview: "By the way, did you hear that Kovalchuk is going to the New Jersey Devils?" Didn't sound like speculation to me.

#113 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:53 AM

tg already made a post about the morning skate. all he talked about was that it sounded like danis will actually start tonight.

http://blogs.northje...ght_in_toronto/

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#114 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:54 AM

To indulge the fantasy for a minute like everyone else has, dealing for Kovalchuk sort of forces you to use Elias at center which the Devils have been trying to avoid the last few months. Parise and Kovalchuk aren't moving from LW and you aren't having three players of that caliber play the same position. Especially since we have no second offensive line center as it is.

least of our worries, i'm sure we could go get that if we got this guy.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#115 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

tg already made a post about the morning skate. all he talked about was that it sounded like danis will actually start tonight.

this would be more surprising than a kovalchuk trade

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#116 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

THE Danis is getting a start?!

Sonofabitch, that's bigger news than Kovalchuk could ever be!

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#117 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:56 AM

Maybe we can give them Rolston/Oduya/package and get back Todd White/Kovalchuk....then we'd need a defenseman from somewhere

RUMORS!!

#118 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:56 AM

I doubt this happens. He is really not a Lou or Jacques type player. I mean the game that Bergfors had two goals and an assist in a 4-1 win over Pittsburgh, Jacques slammed him for having a bad game because he has not played defense.

I actually attribute his slump to the fact that the coaching staff keeps crapping on the kid.

Just like Greene last year! I still don't like Bergfors much...he's like a lost puppy on the ice, always skating side by side with a player and often stealing the pucks from them.
Devils.

#119 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:58 AM

this would be more surprising than a kovalchuk trade

yes it would.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#120 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:59 AM

I just found it. It's at the end of the interview: "By the way, did you hear that Kovalchuk is going to the New Jersey Devils?" Didn't sound like speculation to me.

Thanks Acklaw. I guess we wonder why he blurted that out now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users