42 replies to this topic

#1 LaCava83

LaCava83

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:24 AM

I assume that the game will still go on and that I am in a tough spot with 4 ice lounge tickets....
Thoughts?

#2 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:32 AM

They usually never cancel games so it will still be on. Both teams have enough travel time to get here before it starts.

Edited by Souray44, 09 February 2010 - 09:47 AM.

I collect NJ Devils/Sheldon Souray game worn jerseys, sticks and gloves
My game used jerseys/sticks/gloves/skates/puck etc. - http://community.web...m/user/Souray44

#3 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:35 AM

I highly doubt it will be postponed but it might be a lighter crowd than normal. Should be fun driving to a game in the snow! I am hoping for a huge storm! at least 15 inches and it snows for at least 12 hours! Maybe the snow will keep the flyers fans from coming up from philly!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#4 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:33 AM

Umm, you realize there's a big azz train station down the street from the place right? I suggest utilizing it. This ain't the Coliseum or 16W. And no, it won't be canceled, esp if DC got about 3 feet of snow this weekend.

Edited by Marv4Life, 09 February 2010 - 09:34 AM.

#5 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:00 AM

Umm, you realize there's a big azz train station down the street from the place right? I suggest utilizing it. This ain't the Coliseum or 16W. And no, it won't be canceled, esp if DC got about 3 feet of snow this weekend.

yes but the snow was over by Sat night. Don't know if you realize, but trains don't automiatically run over snow.

Edited by HellOnICE, 09 February 2010 - 10:00 AM.

#6 LaCava83

LaCava83

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:00 AM

I Would take the train but the stations close to East Brunswick suck for parking...

#7 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:13 AM

yes but the snow was over by Sat night. Don't know if you realize, but trains don't automiatically run over snow.

Hockey game Friday night, Hoyas Saturday, hockey Sunday, and they got MUCH worse then what we're gonna get. Road were still chaotic even when it was all over.

In December when we got a foot of snow trains were still running when the rate was an inch per hour. I know, I was heading to work to/from work on one of them.

Edited by Marv4Life, 09 February 2010 - 10:21 AM.

#8 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:18 AM

I paid a lot for lower level tickets for tomorrow... I really hope this snow isn't as bad as they say it will be.

#9 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

Hooray for the PATH!

No way doesn this game get cancelled. Maybe if we were playing a team that had to fly in but the Flyers will have plenty of time to get to Newark, and worse comes to worse they might take a train up.

#10 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

I Would take the train but the stations close to East Brunswick suck for parking...

Yeah, I live in East Brunswick and it's pretty much the worst place in Jersey to live for train access. Edison and New Brunswick suck. We usually drive to MetroPark but by then you're nearly to Newark and it's $5 to park plus the train ticket...

#11 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,498 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:16 PM

Yeah, I live in East Brunswick and it's pretty much the worst place in Jersey to live for train access. Edison and New Brunswick suck. We usually drive to MetroPark but by then you're nearly to Newark and it's $5 to park plus the train ticket...

You could hop on at Woodbridge maybe? I've really only taken the train for commuting so have used Metropark but the Woodbridge parking lot usually isn't that full later in the day and parking is free after 11 AM.

I'm thinking of doing Woodbridge for the first time tomorrow.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#12 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

I'm going to be in a luxury suite for tomorrow's game so I really hope it's still on :cheers:

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#13 deb4te

deb4te

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

sh!t... how much snow are we supposed to get? I was going to drive down from Albany.
LET'S GO DEVILS!!!
</br>Posted Image

#14 run_to_the_ditch

run_to_the_ditch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:40 PM

In the NY Metro area some reports are at 10-12+ inches.

The real problem is the storm is supposed to get worse as the day goes on Wednesday with the worst of it falling in the late afternoon.

If I was you I wouldnt risk the ride down from Albany.
"Actually I dont remeber being born, it must have happened during one of my blackouts." Jim Morrison

#15 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:55 PM

Expect a measly crowd for this one

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#16 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:00 PM

Expect a measly crowd for this one

I do but with a blizzard that's to be expected.

#17 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

you guys are getting what i have by me right now. it's a slow moving snow storm. just little bits of snow over a long period of time adding up to a huge accumulation eventually. we're supposed to get a lot of wind tonight though so there will eventually be whiteout conditions but it's actually quite drivable right now.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#18 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:24 PM

I predict we get a light dusting... 2 inches max :evil: Snow to the left and snow to the right but we'll be in the basically snowless pocket!

Book it!
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#19 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:28 PM

you guys are getting what i have by me right now. it's a slow moving snow storm. just little bits of snow over a long period of time adding up to a huge accumulation eventually. we're supposed to get a lot of wind tonight though so there will eventually be whiteout conditions but it's actually quite drivable right now.

see and I think this part of the storm is going northwest of Jersey -- the rain down south will go out to sea or crap out if it's supposed to be a Nor'easter in terms of wind direction

seriously -- book it! Dog knows!
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#20 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

We got 28.5 inches in my driveway in Jersey, and are expecting another 18-24. It wasn't all in Washington!

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users