• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 ao814

ao814

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

They have the blank jerseys for like $129.99 and custom comes out to $185.00 http://shop.nhl.com/...dy_bestsell_txt

#2 magicducksauce

magicducksauce

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

damn, nice...sucks if you jumped on the ones from prucenter
Posted Image
Thanks to Zajkisen for this pic!

#3 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

Everyone knew that was going to be the most expensive place to buy it. If you did not want to wait, it was worth the extra money I guess...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#4 funetiklee

funetiklee

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

Nice, I just checked nhl shop earlier today to see if they were for sale yet. Thanks for the heads-up.

#5 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

damn, nice...sucks if you jumped on the ones from prucenter

I got one from Pru. I'd waited too long for one, it was in my hands and there was no way I was not buying it.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#6 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

Plus shop.nhl.com SUCKS for personalized jerseys.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#7 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

Yup, Dan and lastone's reasons are both why I bought it at the Rock. Since they're outsourcing the customization to look like the ones they had in-house, it'll look good when I get it next week.

Edited by RSC, 16 February 2010 - 05:50 PM.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8 Demonic26

Demonic26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

Plus shop.nhl.com SUCKS for personalized jerseys.

would the lettering be different from the ones in the Devils Den?

#9 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

would the lettering be different from the ones in the Devils Den?

I'm not sure if the lettering would be different, but NHL.com uses heat pressing, and for me the nameplate was cut wrong (I ordered a Langenbrunner jersey, the nameplate is falling off and is off-center). Also, the captain's C is too small.

In all, I wasn't happy with the quality and I wouldn't pay full price on NHL Shop's website again for a customized jersey. It's not awful if you pay half of what I paid, but for $150 whatever bucks, I'd have liked it to be a little less hastily thrown together.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#10 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

is it the dummy they're using, or does it look like that's not the same sweater. BEWARE if that's a cross between an air-knit and a "premier" jersey

#11 Demonic26

Demonic26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

I'm not sure if the lettering would be different, but NHL.com uses heat pressing, and for me the nameplate was cut wrong (I ordered a Langenbrunner jersey, the nameplate is falling off and is off-center). Also, the captain's C is too small.

In all, I wasn't happy with the quality and I wouldn't pay full price on NHL Shop's website again for a customized jersey. It's not awful if you pay half of what I paid, but for $150 whatever bucks, I'd have liked it to be a little less hastily thrown together.

yea i hear ya. i think ill just get one customized already from devils den, ill just pay the 225 and have it look good

#12 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:09 PM

is it the dummy they're using, or does it look like that's not the same sweater. BEWARE if that's a cross between an air-knit and a "premier" jersey

It says 100% air-knit. I'm sure it's the same, I doubt they would bother producing two different types of these for retail.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#13 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

Also nhl.com won't print any player names but players on the current roster, so you can't get any vintage players. Best bet would be to buy a blank and send it to Exclusive Pro.
Posted Image

#14 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:28 PM

Also nhl.com won't print any player names but players on the current roster, so you can't get any vintage players. Best bet would be to buy a blank and send it to Exclusive Pro.

Yea that's exactly what I'm doing.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#15 Demonic26

Demonic26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

Yea that's exactly what I'm doing.

i think im going to do that too. i want a Marty 29. do you know how long it takes to get it back?

#16 NJSwampdragon

NJSwampdragon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:38 PM

I wonder if the jerseys will arrive by the St. Patty's game?

Release Date: Buy now for shipping by 03/15/2010
The search for the Grail!

#17 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:38 PM

It says 100% air-knit. I'm sure it's the same, I doubt they would bother producing two different types of these for retail.

yeah, I'm guessing it's the way they pin it to the dummy that gives it a tapered look. but they are going to be making throwback RBK edges, for the team...

#18 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

yeah, I'm guessing it's the way they pin it to the dummy that gives it a tapered look. but they are going to be making throwback RBK edges, for the team...

how much does exclusive pro charge with shipping and will they use the right font and colors?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was at the Fraser signing we talked about the Retro jerseys. He says the team is excited to wear them and Clarkson was running around the locker room with his red helmet on like a madman.

#19 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

Just called the websites 800 number. Turns out the jerseys will be embroidered and not ironed on, according to the guy I spoke to about these particular jerseys. The other replica jerseys still are ironed on, but I was told these would be embroidered/sewn on. He also said that the release date that they have for these are March 15. He also said it was possible the date would be moved up but he didnt have that info if they would bump up the date or not. He also said it didnt look likely that you would get it in time for the game on the 17th unless overnight shipping was used and even that is a long shot. I also found a 10% off coupon which is HrC52 (coupon code is CASE sensitive) I hear there are like 15 and 20% coupons out there so if you know of any that are not expired please share. Hope this helps out someone :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was at the Fraser signing we talked about the Retro jerseys. He says the team is excited to wear them and Clarkson was running around the locker room with his red helmet on like a madman.

#20 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

hmmm I got a 20% coupon from them. This might be a good time to use it......
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users