412 replies to this topic

#401 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:04 AM

Congratulations to the Yankees, on their 9th trip to the ALCS.. since 1996.

We lost to the better team. Simple as that. But I'm still proud over the season in general. :clap2:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#402 thegame346v2

thegame346v2

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

Congratulations to the Yankees, on their 9th trip to the ALCS.. since 1996.

We lost to the better team. Simple as that. But I'm still proud over the season in general. :clap2:

I was thinking the exact opposite. As a Yankee fan you should know the rallying cry.

"Unless we win the world series the season was a failure". That was per the sentiment of the late George Steinbrenner. Thats not a fitting rallying cry for a team like the Marlins, or Rangers, or Indians, but it IS a warranted rallying cry for a team with a 200 mil+ payroll. You win it all or the season was a failure.

#403 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:59 PM

I am happy to see the Yankees received three gold gloves this year with teixeira, cano and jeter. I am kind of surprised Jeter won it

#404 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:37 PM

Does anyone care about how poorly the Yankees are handling this Jeter negotiation?

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#405 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

Does anyone care about how poorly the Yankees are handling this Jeter negotiation?

Are they handling it poorly? I think they have the leverage and are using it. It's been a public squabble, but the bottom line is that Jeter wants too much. Cashman was right to tell him to find a better deal than what's on the table.

#406 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

Honestly, Jeter will be a Yankee next year. I think we all know that that is how this will end. Thus, I'm not really giving it much attention.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#407 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:01 PM

Honestly, Jeter will be a Yankee next year. I think we all know that that is how this will end. Thus, I'm not really giving it much attention.

It would be the surprise of the year if he wasn't.

#408 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

Are they handling it poorly? I think they have the leverage and are using it. It's been a public squabble, but the bottom line is that Jeter wants too much. Cashman was right to tell him to find a better deal than what's on the table.

And that's why they're handling it poorly. It's not because of what they offered, it was a fair offer and the Jeter camp has got A-Rod envy trying to ask for what they've supposedly asked for. The problem is the Yankees have just acted too defensive throughout this whole process...I realize they're trying to win a PR war but they're only making it worse in that respect with everyone from Hank to Cashman to Levine pounding him in the media. What are they really going to gain by smearing him publicly?

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 November 2010 - 07:51 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#409 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

And that's why they're handling it poorly. It's not because of what they offered, it was a fair offer and the Jeter camp has got A-Rod envy trying to ask for what they've supposedly asked for. The problem is the Yankees have just acted too defensive throughout this whole process...I realize they're trying to win a PR war but they're only making it worse in that respect with everyone from Hank to Cashman to Levine pounding him in the media. What are they really going to gain by smearing him publicly?

Maybe they really don't want him.

#410 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

Apparently, Zach Greinke is open to large markets now lol.

http://www.mlbtrader...rket-teams.html

#411 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,287 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:27 PM

I don't really expect the Yankees to go after Greinke unless they miss out on Lee. Even so I don't know if they would be willing to give up what the Royals would want.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#412 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

I don't know, I like Grienke and all, but I'm not sure if I'd part with him at that tag. I'd take him over AJ Burnett, but I doubt the Royals want him back for 3 years at his tag, and I doubt the Yankees would trade Burnett. I mean, the ideal scenario is that Lee signs for 6 years, and you trade AJ and prospects for Grienke, and your rotation is Lee/Sabathia/Grienke/Hughes and either Pettite or Nova. That's a damn good rotation, but I doubt it'll happen.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#413 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

Greinke in New York ... a little wary about that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users