412 replies to this topic

#41 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

Granderson and Swisher can't get back soon enough...enough of Randy Winn's horrendous bat and Marcus Thames' horrendous defense...plus once he cools off at the plate like he should he'll just end up being a negative. Whose going to be the first to be DFA'd?

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#42 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

Uy vey. Thames and Winn make me appreciate Granderson and Swisher so much more.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#43 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:22 PM

Did I miss Swish getting DL'd?

And yeah, Winn is horrid. I'd love to give Thames the shot at DH when Posada is catching and Granderson comes back, especially since Nick Johnson is hurt.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#44 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

And yeah, Winn is horrid. I'd love to give Thames the shot at DH when Posada is catching and Granderson comes back, especially since Nick Johnson is hurt.

He's not, at least I don't think he is. He has strained biceps and could play in the Tampa series, last I heard.

Posted Image

#45 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

He's not and neither is Posada which has essentially given the Yankees a 1 man bench. I understand they don't want to lose these guys for a full 15 days, but having a 1 man bench due to injuries and the gazillion pitchers they have on the roster just isn't going to cut it.

Regarding the bullpen, I think Melancon deserves a legit shot to stick. He's been hyped, we know he can dominate the minors, it's time for him to take the next step. Hopefully Girardi gives him a fair shot this go around. I have faith in Roberston turning it around, hopefully that happens because playing baseball with no bench and a crazy bullpen isn't too fun.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#46 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:14 PM

He's not and neither is Posada which has essentially given the Yankees a 1 man bench. I understand they don't want to lose these guys for a full 15 days, but having a 1 man bench due to injuries and the gazillion pitchers they have on the roster just isn't going to cut it.

Regarding the bullpen, I think Melancon deserves a legit shot to stick. He's been hyped, we know he can dominate the minors, it's time for him to take the next step. Hopefully Girardi gives him a fair shot this go around. I have faith in Roberston turning it around, hopefully that happens because playing baseball with no bench and a crazy bullpen isn't too fun.

I don't know if you heard this as well, but Jorge is out 3-4 weeks. Excited to see how Jesus handles the bigs, even if it is a small sample size.

EDIT: Ew. It's Moeller, not Montero? Damn.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st, 20 May 2010 - 12:15 PM.

Posted Image

#47 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:59 PM

I don't know if you heard this as well, but Jorge is out 3-4 weeks. Excited to see how Jesus handles the bigs, even if it is a small sample size.

EDIT: Ew. It's Moeller, not Montero? Damn.

Yeh, I saw that when it was announced after last nights game. About time. Moeller is the smart choice. He has the experience and defense for the back up role. Montero has no experience (only 34 games in AAA), his defense isn't up to par for the majors, and he's struggled so far this year in Scranton with a .689 OPS. Leaving Montero and Romine where they are is the best choice.

#48 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

Russo came up HUGE. 2-3, 2 RBI.

Vasquez was filthy tonight, too bad he popped a blister on that bunt. Time to start praying for the bullpen to actually hold the lead. :pray:
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#49 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

Solid night by Vazquez and Joba. Awesome job by Russo to step up. Granderson went to Scranton to begin his rehab stint and best case will be back next week. Great night all the way around.

#50 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

Hopefully this is the start of Vazquez returning to his former self...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thxAGYQisFw
Posted Image

#52 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

As soon as I saw that, I thought to myself; Great, now I have to hear it from Mets fans about how classless Yankee fans are. Sure enough, I got about 3 of my friends who are Mets fans laughing about it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

That guy was such a total jackass. I really wish Kim would have slapped him... I was watching it live and it was one of the few times I actually thought Michael Kay said the right stuff. The guy who did it is a classless thug, as is the weirdo who ran down just to get on TV. Get a fvckin life.

Posted Image

#54 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

That wasn't a waste of my saturday or anything.

Posted Image

#55 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:44 PM

just when you think they're getting back on track, they play a decent team and crap the bed. I don't know what to make of this team. I mean Vazquez embodies the team. He's either great or awful no 6 innings, 3 runs. It's either a shutout or getting bombed. (plus when you look at what Vizcaino is doing in the braves system right now, we got robbed, unless we get the draft picks for him after the season)
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#56 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

With their first pick in the 2010 Draft the Yankees select SS Cito Culver from Irondequit HS in Rochester, NY. I know nothing about him but I'm going to look up whatever scouting reports I can find.

Random Stuff on Culver:
Baseball American ranked him 168th Overall

From River Ave Blues Live Blog:
"Hidden away in upstate New York—hardly a baseball hotbed—Culver sticks out like a sore thumb. He is the rare Northeast prep product with a legitimate chance to play shortstop in the major leagues. Culver's best tool is his arm, which rates as a 65 on the 20-80 scouting scale. Some scouts report seeing him up to 94 mph off the mound, but he has no interest in pitching. The game comes easily to Culver, whose actions, instincts and range are all plus at times, though he has a long way to go to become a consistent defender, and some believe he profiles as a utility player down the road. The 6-foot-2, 175-pound Culver is a solid-average runner and a switch-hitter with a loose, whippy swing from both sides of the plate. He projects to have below-average power and is mostly a slap hitter, but he does generate good bat speed and could be an average hitter as he gets stronger."

Scouting Video (Though it is him as a RHP)

Baseball Beginnings:
"Cito Culver would profile as a fast middle infielder with a plus arm, two tools that will play if his offensive development continues.

The first thing you would notice about Culver is that his athletic actions jump off the field. Listed at 6-1, 167 he’s got a modest build on which the strength is still filling in. The quickness jumps out, both in his hands and his footwork. It also plays in his running speed and he has a fast first step.

The next tool would be his arm. On the mound, he was 90-91, which really isn’t bad for a guy with that kind of frame. What you didn’t see with Culver was a lot of physical projection for height, which would make his future as a right-handed pitcher pretty nominal.

He was very new to hitting with wood when I saw him and he didn’t have the strength. But all this guy would have to do is learn how to slap the ball and put it on the ground and he can run you .300 and have the arm and range for 2B, SS and 3B."

Edited by thefiestygoat, 07 June 2010 - 09:25 PM.

#57 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:20 AM

just when you think they're getting back on track, they play a decent team and crap the bed. I don't know what to make of this team. I mean Vazquez embodies the team. He's either great or awful no 6 innings, 3 runs. It's either a shutout or getting bombed. (plus when you look at what Vizcaino is doing in the braves system right now, we got robbed, unless we get the draft picks for him after the season)

I think that's quite a stretch. It's not like we got shelled in the series, and it's not like the Jays are trash. We lost the first one pretty good, but the second one was about as close as they come, and we were bound to win the third. Tex isn't going to keep hitting like this, A-Rod will find his power, and Jorge will finally be back in the swing of things. However, I wish we would move some pieces around in the lineup- something like:

Jeter
Swisher
Cano
A-Rod
Tex
Posada (DH)
Granderson
Cervelli
Gardner

Regardless, I think the Yankees will allow Tex to use the next two series' against the AAAA team and the Astros to work things out. If he can't find his swing against them, it's time to get really concerned.

Posted Image

#58 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:39 PM

I think that's quite a stretch. It's not like we got shelled in the series, and it's not like the Jays are trash. We lost the first one pretty good, but the second one was about as close as they come, and we were bound to win the third. Tex isn't going to keep hitting like this, A-Rod will find his power, and Jorge will finally be back in the swing of things. However, I wish we would move some pieces around in the lineup- something like:

Jeter
Swisher
Cano
A-Rod
Tex
Posada (DH)
Granderson
Cervelli
Gardner

Regardless, I think the Yankees will allow Tex to use the next two series' against the AAAA team and the Astros to work things out. If he can't find his swing against them, it's time to get really concerned.

Cano doesn't take enough pitches to be a #3 hitter. The 5 spot is good for him right now. I like this:

Jeter
Granderson
Teixeira
Rodriguez
Cano
Posada (DH)
Swisher
Cervelli
Gardner
Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:43 PM

Not to invade on you guys, but I really wouldn't worry about Teixeira's batting average; his line-drive rate is right near his career norm yet his BABIP is only .239; that's pretty much a big heap of unluckiness. He'll come around.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#60 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

Not to invade on you guys, but I really wouldn't worry about Teixeira's batting average; his line-drive rate is right near his career norm yet his BABIP is only .239; that's pretty much a big heap of unluckiness. He'll come around.

I think he will too. The shift seems to be taking away a lot of hits this year so far. I haven't done any research but I would speculate that he has been better RH (no shift) than LH thus far.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users