1631 replies to this topic

#121 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

Wow.... I don't know what to say anymore. The Cards have basically given up and Blanco and Jacobs couldn't hit Lopez. The pitcher, Raul Valdes, got the only hit, and he got thrown out trying to advance to 2nd on a throwing error.

Edited by nmigliore, 17 April 2010 - 09:17 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#122 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,887 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

If you can't get a run off the Cardinals 2nd baseman, please cease operations as a franchise and fold.

i mean it!

how much humiliation does this franchise have to endure already?

Edited by '7', 17 April 2010 - 09:18 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#123 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

Joe Mather in to pitch for the Cardinals.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#124 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:48 PM

Wow... thats all I have to say. Yeah, lets pitch to the Met-killer Molina.

Wow. Only the Mets.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#125 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,887 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:48 PM

Can Yadier Molina die please? Just literally die

same sh!t we've seen from Franco, Benitez, Looper, Wagner etc. you put on a Mets uniform...and the curse descends upon you. You can NOT give up a run here Frankie

Edited by '7', 17 April 2010 - 09:49 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#126 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

I don't understand why he pitched to Molina. Just, stupidity. Allen Craig <<<<<< Yadier Molina.

I swear though.... these are things that would only happen to the Mets.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#127 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,887 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

how pathetic is it watching the Mets trying to scratch and claw for runs against the Cardinals position players on the mound. The best they can do is 2 sac flies!

#128 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

jason bay tried to swing at a 80mph ball 4 feet away from him. facepalm
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#129 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,887 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

Bay is just clueless right now. I've seen plenty of him before...he's not this bad and will come around. But when he's off he looks awful.

I love how Mather got all the calls from this ump who promptly starts squeezing Pelfrey.

Edited by '7', 17 April 2010 - 10:02 PM.

#130 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,887 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:04 PM

And can you stop with the insane cardinals homerism McCarver

"Cardinals should've won the game in the 19th blah blah blah, I'm bitter the Mets fired me for being an Asshat..blah blah blah"

#131 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

Buckner is STILL squeezing Pelfrey. Oy.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#132 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,887 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

It's over...the Mets scratched and clawed out a victory today. Props to everybody who took the mound today except K-Rod(and to Jerry for letting him pitch to Molina). As well as we pitched I just can't get it out of my head how anemic the offense looked. You've got to flat out TATTOO position players on the mound.

#133 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

Well, finally, its over. That was... I don't even know.. Crazy. Disgusting. Exciting. Exhausting. Frustrating. Nerve-wracking. INSANE. I can't believe I watched this entire game, wow.

Imagine if SNY had this game with Gary and Keith? I would pay money to see that.

La Russa pretty much threw in the towel like 2 innings before the game ended, but, whatever, I'm at least glad the Mets didn't find a way to make themselves look awful.

Edited by nmigliore, 17 April 2010 - 10:16 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#134 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,995 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:41 PM

Well, finally, its over. That was... I don't even know.. Crazy. Disgusting. Exciting. Exhausting. Frustrating. Nerve-wracking. INSANE. I can't believe I watched this entire game, wow.

Imagine if SNY had this game with Gary and Keith? I would pay money to see that.

lol to both of the above...I actually stayed away from this game for the most part, the first score update was in the bottom of the sixth when I saw we had like one hit at that point and it was still scoreless I figured it would be another boring loss, then a while later I saw it was in extra innings already and then when I saw your post earlier in this thread I was like...'this game is still going on?!'.

So finally when I met up with some friends at a bar I wound up watching the last two or three innings which had enough drama anyway :lol: Great job by Pelf in a trying circumstance, a win and a save isn't a bad week at all.

You've got to flat out TATTOO position players on the mound.

That was their second baseman pitching?! Shows how much attention I was paying, no wonder we finally got a couple of runs :P

Edited by Hasan4978, 17 April 2010 - 11:43 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#135 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

Mike Jacobs has been designated for assignment to make room for some bullpen support (Tobi Stoner). Wow, could this mean the beginning of the Ike Davis Era on Monday?!

The lineup tonight is nuts too:
Reyes, SS
Cora, 2B
Wight, 3B
Catalanotto, 1B ... yes you read this right.
Francoeur, RF
Matthews Jr., CF
Pagan, LF
Maine, SP

Maine is pretty much pitching for his rotation spot tonight. Dillon Gee is waiting in the wings at AAA, he pitched another gem yesterday for the Bisons: 7 innings, 4 hits, 0 runs, 1 BB, 8 K .. on 89 pitches.

Edit, something to think about: Jacobs had an option left, so he could have just been optioned down. Instead, the Mets chose to DFA him -- removing him from the 40-man roster -- which opens up a spot. So clearly the Mets have an intention of adding somebody... Stoner was already on it, as are 1B candidates like Evans or Carter, but not Ike Davis, which leads me to believe its going to be him who gets the call.

Edited by nmigliore, 18 April 2010 - 04:47 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#136 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,229 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

Funny how only the Mets could win a 20-inning game and make us all furious about it at the same time.

At least they've done the right thing and realized that Jacobs has no future here (or likely anywhere else).

Now no fvcking around...give Ike a chance. I don't care if he has to go through growing pains...he can always be sent back down if he's overmatched, and this season should not be about trying to contend, because that ship has already sailed.

Castillo and Gary Matthews Jr should be next...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#137 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:04 AM

Ike Davis is being called up tonight, and he was removed from the Buffalo lineup just a few minutes ago (they are playing at 1pm) per SNY and Kevin Burkhardt.

Edited by nmigliore, 19 April 2010 - 11:27 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#138 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

IKE!

#139 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

Ike is in the lineup and wearing #29 .. Reyes asked for a day off.

Pagan, CF
Castillo, 2B
Wright, 3B
Bay, LF
Francoeur, RF
Davis, 1B
Barajas, C
Cora, SS

Wow, Jerry finally realized Cora should not be at the top of the order!

In regards to Davis, I just hope fans don't expect him to be some savior. Francesa is already talking him up like crazy on WFAN right now, even putting him on par with Jason Heyward (which is just silly).

Edited by nmigliore, 19 April 2010 - 02:59 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#140 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,229 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

Ike is in the lineup and wearing #29 .. Reyes asked for a day off.

Pagan, CF
Castillo, 2B
Wright, 3B
Bay, LF
Francoeur, RF
Davis, 1B
Barajas, C
Cora, SS

Wow, Jerry finally realized Cora should not be at the top of the order!

In regards to Davis, I just hope fans don't expect him to be some savior. Francesa is already talking him up like crazy on WFAN right now, even putting him on par with Jason Heyward (which is just silly).

Not even a little. He could easily fall flat on his face during his first go-around. But it's like I said...why the hell not? I dont need to see Jacobs and Tatis playing first.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users