656 replies to this topic

#621 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

they were talking about it on the broadcast, comparing him to last year's hixon [i think].

i hope they give him a shot

I hope so too :pray:

#622 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:35 AM

You guys don't have to worry he'll be fine. forehead gashes look worse than they are...he looked to be lucid all the way through so probably no concussion

Eli took full responsibility for that incident as he botched the play and said he was fine and will be ready to play the next game. Although I think Pace couldve pulled up on that play but he was just doing his job. He did nothing wrong at all just was it worth it during preseason. oh well, its football. Maybe next time Eli will wear his helmet correctly and it wont fly off so easily. lol
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#623 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

do you think they will give victor cruz a roster spot?

i can see him being the giants version of wayne chrebet

Coughlin absolutely loves this kid. Unless he has a major dropoff, he's making this team.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#624 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,178 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

Anyone see Fireman Ed get into it with that Giants fan after the Jets first TD? ... Good stuff!

I thought the Giants fan basically snuffed the Fireman Ed icon. I love Fireman Ed and what he does for his team. But the fact, that no Jets fans came to support FME is pathetic.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#625 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:05 AM

I was really impressed with New Jets Stadium last night. For the most part it still has the feel of the old stadium, but a lot of things have really been improved. My only big complaint was the score boards are way to cluttered with info, that it is difficult to read a lot of the information.

For example, to see what down it is, they have a panel that says Down: X(which is easy to read) and then right next to it is another panel that says To Go: X...the entire To Go sign is one big blur from the upper deck. My Dad could barely read it, I couldn't read it, and even a younger dude next to me couldn't read it.

The sound went out for the most part of the first half, so I hope they get that worked out.

You can really tell they went for the neutral look, as most of the inside / outside of the stadium is battleship gray. You feel like your in a naval base or something.

So me as a Jets fan, could not be any happier, since finally we have something that feels like our own stadium. However, I think Giants fans will not be as happy with the new stadium. You guys will have to deal with basically going from a stadium made for you (red and blue everywhere), to something that is pretty much neutral besides the signs and stuff they put up.

Edited by mmajeski06, 17 August 2010 - 09:14 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#626 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:46 PM

And it just wouldn't be summer without the annual Favreini return...just in time for the NJDevs draft so adjust your cheat sheets accordingly! :evil:

http://profootballta...return-tuesday/
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#627 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:23 PM

Which will last all of three weeks :lol:

I'll believe it when I see Favre end his consecutive game streak in Week 1. Until then it's just more attention-grabbing :P

we were off by one and two week(s)!

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#628 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

Ah, another year of Favre skipping camp and calling it indecisiveness. Some things are just as reliable as clockwork.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#629 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

Favre plays 1 series

1 completed pass
1 sack
1 loud, gary bettman esq, booing ovation

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#630 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,178 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Holy Crap! Jon Gruden is the biggest kiss-a$$ announcer I have ever heard. Great Odin's beard he is so annoyingly BAD.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#631 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

Holy Crap! Jon Gruden is the biggest kiss-a$$ announcer I have ever heard. Great Odin's beard he is so annoyingly BAD.

He's an awful suck-up. And the most disappointing part is that when he was a coach, he seemed like such an irreverent, in-your-face guy.

#632 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,178 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

He's an awful suck-up. And the most disappointing part is that when he was a coach, he seemed like such an irreverent, in-your-face guy.

Exactly, he is so desperate to get back into coaching he is just brown nosing every GM and player. This is why MNF is unwatchable.

Thank ODin for NBC's Sunday game.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#633 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:49 AM

God, I hate Ike Taylor. Talk about a d-bag player.

http://www.nfl.com/p...ame-after-fight
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#634 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

Exactly, he is so desperate to get back into coaching he is just brown nosing every GM and player. This is why MNF is unwatchable.

Thank ODin for NBC's Sunday game.

He shouldn't have to brownnose just since he did win a Super Bowl and was the last coach to get the Raiders good. But I think he signed some kind of extension with ESPN though that probably has some kind of out
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#635 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,178 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:50 AM

He shouldn't have to brownnose just since he did win a Super Bowl and was the last coach to get the Raiders good. But I think he signed some kind of extension with ESPN though that probably has some kind of out

I agree, but I think he loses credibility every time he opens his mouth. That extension means I pay less attention to ESPN's MNF or just listen to the radio commentators who are far more informative and thought provoking than McGruben.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#636 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:27 AM

I just wanna say that this season of Hard Knocks is some of the best damn TV I've seen in a while. Rex Ryan is the new Bill Parcells.
Posted Image

#637 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,178 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:48 AM

I love Rex but lets not get carried away. Parcells has a winning track record as a Superbowl winning head coach. Rex backed a .500 team into the playoffs because Indy didn't take them seriously.

Rex as a personality, may wear thin after a while. I actually prefered Buddy Ryan.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#638 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

Rex as a personality, may wear thin after a while. I actually prefered Buddy Ryan.

Buddy talked less.... I know :unsure: ..... but he also won less... and Buddy had an unhealthy hatred of all things offense.... least fat boy Rex kinda sees the importance on both sides of the ball....and he never punched an OC (wait... did he???)

Buddy also had better teams and maybe the most amazing front 4 I ever saw and still never won a playoff game.......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#639 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

I love Rex but lets not get carried away. Parcells has a winning track record as a Superbowl winning head coach. Rex backed a .500 team into the playoffs because Indy didn't take them seriously.

I just meant as far as being a larger-than-life personality and (potentially, in Ryan's case) changing the fortunes of a Meadowlands team. It's hard to watch Ryan's "We've got one fvcking goal" speech from the first episode and not want that guy as your coach.

I wish Hard Knocks was around for one of Tuna's early seasons. That sh!t woulda been amazing.
Posted Image

#640 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,178 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

Buddy talked less.... I know :unsure: ..... but he also won less... and Buddy had an unhealthy hatred of all things offense.... least fat boy Rex kinda sees the importance on both sides of the ball....and he never punched an OC (wait... did he???)

Buddy also had better teams and maybe the most amazing front 4 I ever saw and still never won a playoff game.......

He also wasn't a very good judge of offensive talent (e.g. Chris Carter).
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users