656 replies to this topic

#641 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,926 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

He also wasn't a very good judge of offensive talent (e.g. Chris Carter).

I would put that under "an unhealthy hatred of all things offense" would I not?? B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#642 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

I just meant as far as being a larger-than-life personality and (potentially, in Ryan's case) changing the fortunes of a Meadowlands team. It's hard to watch Ryan's "We've got one fvcking goal" speech from the first episode and not want that guy as your coach.

I wish Hard Knocks was around for one of Tuna's early seasons. That sh!t woulda been amazing.

Although he is the type of coach you would give everything for, I am not sure he has changed anything at the Meadowlands..YET. For all their bluster they still find a way to screw themselves. Ryan has done a good job of convincing people that the Jets have already won the Superbowl, when in reality they should not have even made the playoffs in his one year as HC.

Week one (this one's for you Crasher!!!): I think the Jets are in for a rude awakening.

I would put that under "an unhealthy hatred of all things offense" would I not?? B )

Having a gun and shooting yourself in the foot are two different things.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#643 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

Although he is the type of coach you would give everything for, I am not sure he has changed anything at the Meadowlands..YET. For all their bluster they still find a way to screw themselves. Ryan has done a good job of convincing people that the Jets have already won the Superbowl, when in reality they should not have even made the playoffs in his one year as HC.

Can't really argue with that. They didn't earn that playoff berth last year after those roll-over wins. But they made the most of that berth and that should count for something.

I like Ryan. I like that defense and I like what L.T. and Santonio could do for that offense. It's Sanchez that I'm least sure of.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#644 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,926 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

Week one (this one's for you Crasher!!!): I think the Jets are in for a rude awakening.

:wub:

It may be the one time in the next 5 years I root for the Ravens.....Rip them apart!!
This game could parallel last year's Jet opener when Houston proved themselves to be a soft fluff overrated team... and no I don't think the Jets are soft, but they are WAY overrated and made a LOT of sideways moves in the off-season
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#645 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

Can't really argue with that. They didn't earn that playoff berth last year after those roll-over wins. But they made the most of that berth and that should count for something.

I like Ryan. I like that defense and I like what L.T. and Santonio could do for that offense. It's Sanchez that I'm least sure of.

Sanchez has a lot to prove this year. No more excuses about him being a rookie :soap:

#646 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

I love Ryan (I wish he was still our DC) the defense is out of his playbook, not sure about LT and Holmes (provided he grows up) might be good. Sanchez is a few years away, but I think he will be a great QB. A young QB learning how to win is tough and takes several years.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#647 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:17 PM

i had to pass up on two free preseason tickets to tonight's jets vs redskins games. They were at a 150 dollar value each and they would of been free for me :evilcry:

#648 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

i had to pass up on two free preseason tickets to tonight's jets vs redskins games. They were at a 150 dollar value each and they would of been free for me :evilcry:

all of your saved money would have gone to parking and food anyway for a meaningless game, dont kick yourself in the ass too hard

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#649 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:05 AM

Just heard a rumor from Adam Scheffner (sp?) from ESPN on Mike & Mike's radio program:

Matt Leinart is likely to be traded in the next week. Potential suitors? Raiders, Giants, and Bills. Goalik mentioned that Leinart might actually get a chance to start for the Bills if he goes there. So Clown, which QB would you rather have, Captain Party or Captain Checkdown?
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#650 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

Ticket price: $150 each
Actual street value: $10
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#651 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

I would be interested to know what preseason tickets were going for in the parking lot for Giants and Jets preseason games....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#652 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

Just heard a rumor from Adam Scheffner (sp?) from ESPN on Mike & Mike's radio program:

Matt Leinart is likely to be traded in the next week. Potential suitors? Raiders, Giants, and Bills. Goalik mentioned that Leinart might actually get a chance to start for the Bills if he goes there. So Clown, which QB would you rather have, Captain Party or Captain Checkdown?

if i were a bills fan, i'd be doing this: :puke:

but i'm a giants fan, and therefore, i did this when i saw we were interested :argh:

Edited by jagknife, 01 September 2010 - 11:21 PM.

#653 Dawaye O'Connor

Dawaye O'Connor

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:56 AM

In addition, the Cardinals have given permission to Leinart and his representatives to look for potential suitors as well. This is clearly a sign that Leinard will not stay a Cardinal for long.
There is a free 2010 NFL preview at www.customparlaycards.com.

Get a copy now!!!

#654 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:43 AM

In addition, the Cardinals have given permission to Leinart and his representatives to look for potential suitors as well. This is clearly a sign that Leinard will not stay a Cardinal for long.

After last night, NO ONE is going to want him, especially with his contract.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#655 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

After last night, NO ONE is going to want him, especially with his contract.

seriously, i havent seen a QB look that bad since Jamarcus Russel, and before that was Eli's first season as a starter.

#656 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:49 AM

haha :cheers:

#657 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

And down in the minors, this Boise St-VA Tech game is amazing.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users