656 replies to this topic

#61 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:19 AM

Wouldn't mind seeing the 'Boys take a stab at Hoover...Cricket Anderson got himself cut with those weapon's and resisting arrest charges...it's only a matter of time....we can draft another full back in the 6th...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#62 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

God, am I excited about the upcoming season. All of that bad-mouthing the Cowboys got last year is finally in the past. We're on the verge of a special year in our near future. I mean, think about what we accomplished last year...

We were going to top off at 7 wins.

We had an overhyped, interceptions-heavy gunslinger.

We had no "top" reciever, and our defense simply wasn't as dangerous.

We were boys in a division of men. 4th out of 4 was the safe pick, but we'd finish 5th out of 4 if it were possible.

But, alas, that's why they play the game. 11 wins, good enough for the division title.

We played the dreaded Eagles in a "big-time" game on the last week of the season, and we spanked them for the division.

We faced them in a rematch, getting ready for our "asses to be stung". And we spanked them. We didn't just beat the eagles once this year. We didn't beat them twice. We beat them 3 times. Three. 44-6 is officially in the past.

Going into next year, the question won't be "Can Romo win a playoff game", it will be "Can Romo win THE big game?". And guess what, we'll get a chance to find out soon enough.

Miles is a top-10 reciever in the game of football, and that's being safe.

We have a 3-headed rushing attack that will scare any defense.

Our defense will be top-5 next year, with a few missing pieces fixed.

And, most importantly, Tony Romo has taken control of this team. This is Tony's team, in Tony's town, doing it the way Tony wants to.

Is it August yet?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#63 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

I am more excited about the draft, everything will change before July so I am not even thinking that far in advance.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#64 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

YES!!!!! Superbowl bound baby!!

http://sports.yahoo....ov=ap&type=lgns
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#65 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

Ravens receivers are downright scary if Stallworth stays healthy. Now all they have to do is get a pass-catching tight end that will stay on the field.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#66 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

Ravens receivers are downright scary if Stallworth stays healthy. Now all they have to do is get a pass-catching tight end that will stay on the field.

Heap is a very good TE but we need a better back-up as he will get hurt.

Stallworth is probably #4 on our depth chart.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#67 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

Where is Crasher??? He is usually raining on my parades.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#68 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,934 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:41 PM

Where is Crasher??? He is usually raining on my parades.

I was being driven home by Stallworth.....obviously a hospital visit ensued :P

He's shown no reason to believe that he will stay healthy and/or productive... it's a BIG upgrade, yes.... they still need a game breaker though

PS, you've only had ONE parade to rain on :evil:

Edited by CRASHER, 11 March 2010 - 06:42 PM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#69 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

I was being driven home by Stallworth.....obviously a hospital visit ensued :P

He's shown no reason to believe that he will stay healthy and/or productive... it's a BIG upgrade, yes.... they still need a game breaker though

Ray Rice is a game breaker, our entire D is made up of game breakers. We need that one deep threat at WR and we are set.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#70 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,934 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

(I was referring to your wr corps...or lack there of :P)

Though Westbrook if he could stand upright would be a fascinating addition

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#71 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,934 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

small updates:

Tomlinson leaves Jets no contract signed (I still have an odd feeling he might be a Patrtiot)

Delhomme to the Browns :saddevil:

Larry Johsnon a three year deal to the Redskins :rofl:

Kerry Rhodes traded to the Cardinals

Darren Sharper to visit Jets too

#72 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

You forgot Thomas Jones signs with KC. I think the Chiefs will be a playoff team this year.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#73 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

I don't know how reliable the source is, but apparently LT is a jet...

http://www.signonsan..._medium=twitter

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#74 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

Jake Delhomme has the best agent in sports. He found Jake a starting job, and his client is making $20 million this year. Insane!

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#75 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

I don't know how reliable the source is, but apparently LT is a jet...

http://www.signonsan..._medium=twitter

5 years too late
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#76 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:10 PM

Its official now, Jets sign Tomlinson for 2 years/$5.2M, which is slightly more than what the Chiefs signed Jones for.

Er....
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#77 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

as per ESPN, Brady Quinn gets traded to the Broncos for FB Peyton Hillis and picks....
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#78 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:15 PM

They don't go for the blockbuster type trades just for the sake of making headlines in the newspapers, but you can't deny the tendency in their flashy type acquisitions. (a trend that really started in 1998). Be it Curtis Martin.. Steve Atwater.. Vinny Testaverde.. Braylon Edwards.. Brett Favre.. Alan Faneca.. Ty Law.. Bubba Franks.. Kris Jenkins.. Thomas Jones.. Tony Richardson.. Lito Sheppard..

..LaDainian Tomlinson.. Antonio Cromartie.. Darren Sharper (come next week) ;)
Keeping up the PSL equation(s), without shifting the scale from our competitive balance. God I love Tannenbaum. Posted Image

BUT ANYWAY!
Let's see.. the Jets cut a 32 year old Thomas Jones, who scored 14 TD's in 16 games last season.. and they replace him with a 31 year old LaDainian Tomlinson, who scored 12 TD's in 14 games last season.
LT joins a Jets team, who many consider to have the best offensive line in the league (Faneca, Mangold, Ferguson.. 2009 Pro Bowlers) not to mention playing with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who coached for 4 season with the Chargers from 2002-2005, and knows LaDainian's style considerably. With Greene and now Tomlinson already in the backfield.. should the Jets retain Washington, you're looking at possibly the most dangerous 3`Headed-Monster RB combo, the NFL has to offer.
Do I like the move? -Just a little. :uni:

*BTW: Brodney Pool > Kerry Rhodes

Edited by Beezer34, 14 March 2010 - 11:19 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#79 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:30 AM

..LaDainian Tomlinson.. Antonio Cromartie.. Darren Sharper (come next week) ;)
Keeping up the PSL equation(s), without shifting the scale from our competitive balance. God I love Tannenbaum. Posted Image

BUT ANYWAY!
Let's see.. the Jets cut a 32 year old Thomas Jones, who scored 14 TD's in 16 games last season.. and they replace him with a 31 year old LaDainian Tomlinson, who scored 12 TD's in 14 games last season.
LT joins a Jets team, who many consider to have the best offensive line in the league (Faneca, Mangold, Ferguson.. 2009 Pro Bowlers) not to mention playing with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who coached for 4 season with the Chargers from 2002-2005, and knows LaDainian's style considerably. With Greene and now Tomlinson already in the backfield.. should the Jets retain Washington, you're looking at possibly the most dangerous 3`Headed-Monster RB combo, the NFL has to offer.
Do I like the move? -Just a little. :uni:

*BTW: Brodney Pool > Kerry Rhodes

In my opinion the Jets just weakened themselves tremendously at their strongest team facet: Running game.

Three headed monster???? That is the lamest monster in the league---assuming that A.) Washington is healthy, B.) he doesn't take other offers.

This is a very terrible move. Jones is a workhorse who softened opposition defenses and controlled the clock. Green looks to fragile to carry this kind of load, and Tomlinson should have just retired. In the past three years, Jones had almost 500 yards more than Tomlinson, even though LT had 100 more carries.

I don't know what the Jets are doing, and I have been an admirer of Tannenbaum, but LT looks like Brett Farve part II.

The Jets looked like they were building an elite football team in January, I don't consider them as good any more.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#80 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,934 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

the only thing I will say pro-LT...Jet line >> Charger Line and willingness to run.... in a fantasy football factor this puts LT back on the map at least....

as for the rest....no one knows ir Leon will walk right again, forget play football, then forget even play at FULL SPEED again, this injury was career threatening as is... and any time a RB busts up a wheel like that you gotta worry......

not to mention the Jets still don't scare anyone with their passing game... and look at the teams that get there every year... they throw the football and win with match-ups DOWN the field.... the "run and play defense" theory is a myth now and been phased out with the arena football concept of chucking the ball down the field!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users