Photo

Official "Around The NHL" 2010 SCF PLAYOFF Thread.

• Please log in to reply
1402 replies to this topic

#1281 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

When did choosing what team to root for and hate become a political party platform?

Dude, it's just sports. It's just for fun.

And that is why you fail.

#1282 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

So you'll sooner root for the team thats past involved more criminal activity than the latest episode of Cops?

They are the failures. I hate them. I'd root for ANYONE over the Flyers and Rangers. Anyone.

No son, I'll root for a team that is honest and didn't invent or fabricate rules to make their monopoly legitimate.

You'll learn this in school, and you'll learn that an architect knows nothing about weight bearing structures.

#1283 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:49 PM

No son, I'll root for a team that is honest and didn't invent or fabricate rules to make their monopoly legitimate.

You'll learn this in school, and you'll learn that an architect knows nothing about weight bearing structures.

the trapezoid says "hi!"

#1284 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

Here is my theory on why the flyers will most likely sweep the Habs:

It all has to do with matchups. The habs are a less talented version of this years Devils. It's hard to characterize each team acuratelly, but I think this would be easiest to simply compare teams. Both Pittsburgh and WAshington are teams that win by sustaining zone pressure and scoring the pretty goals. The habs weren't a great matchup for either of those teams. It's more like those were the only teams the habs had a fighting chance in beating. I think the habs are basically last year's canes. The canes were able to hang in there against those defense first type teams. But they couldn't beat the pens offensive system. For the habs, they're able to hang in there against those offensive teams, but they're not going to be able to handle a team that plays the griddy physical style of play like the Flyers.

For the most part, the playoffs only take you as far as your good matchups go. You'll get those close series where teams are evenly matched, and the character and skill of each team's players will be put to the test. THe teams that can avoid bad matchups and win the evenly matched series will go the furthest.

Anyway, habs are done in 4, maybe 5 if they're lucky.

Edited by The Facepainter, 16 May 2010 - 11:46 PM.

#1285 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:54 PM

And that is why you fail.

What on earth are you talking about?
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1286 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:13 AM

What on earth are you talking about?

Perhaps something beyond your comprehension, some people say its "unnatural"............

#1287 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

C'mon DM.

It is better than the Habs winning it. If you research you'll find the Habs invented an illegal law where Quebecer's could only play for the Habs at their first refusal.

All their cups are suspect as are the Yankee$ championships, bought and paid for, NEVER earned.

:horse:

#1288 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

Posted Image
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#1289 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

Perhaps something beyond your comprehension, some people say its "unnatural"............

It was beyond my comprehension too. Maybe you're too smart for this forum.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1290 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

I hate the Flyers, but I love their game. They play hockey like it should be played.

+1

#1291 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

I didn't even know VS was running an early game tonight. They're playing with fire doing a doubleheader in the conference finals. especially with CI dead for the season.

#1292 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

I can't watch the flyers idk how they are so good

#1293 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

God I hate the flyers
Posted Image Posted Image

#1294 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

I didn't even know VS was running an early game tonight. They're playing with fire doing a doubleheader in the conference finals. especially with CI dead for the season.

You can thank NBC for forcing this on them by taking the Hawks/Sharks series which SHOULD have started on Saturday!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#1295 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

So will Montreal ever score a goal in this series? They've actually outplayed the Flyers tonight and they're still losing.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1296 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

So will Montreal ever score a goal in this series? They've actually outplayed the Flyers tonight and they're still losing.

I'm trying to figure out what it is about the Flyers that makes other teams simply lose all of their offensive ability when playing them. God knows it is not their goaltending... :closedeyes:

Edited by nyrsuck26, 18 May 2010 - 07:59 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1297 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

outplaying is relative. everything the Flyers are doing is around the Montreal net. Montreal can't get near the Flyers net. it's the exact same thing as our series. Montreal might play harder than we did in the end, but that'll be the only difference.

this looks like a 5 game series too. unless the crowd in Montreal can buy alot of calls.

#1298 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

outplaying is relative. everything the Flyers are doing is around the Montreal net. Montreal can't get near the Flyers net. it's the exact same thing as our series. Montreal might play harder than we did in the end, but that'll be the only difference.

this looks like a 5 game series too. unless the crowd in Montreal can buy alot of calls.

Yeah, it feels like I'm watching a replay of the Devils-Flyers series. I agree it will be over in 5.

#1299 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

youch, that was bad. real bad. tough spot for Montreal if he breaks like Marty did, because he is stopping alot of the ridiculous chances the Flyers get

#1300 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

I turned it off. I'm watching The Hangover instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users