vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 07:37 AM

Z, are you going to post your pix??
Vince

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#22 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 08:44 AM

First thing I did was rub my fingers all over it! :lol: Every little nook, all the scratches, marks and indents that are on it.

IF I ever meet Scott Stevens ..err.. I mean... see the Cup up close and personal I'll do the exact same thing...

All I can say is it couldn't have happened to a nicer person! and Yey Leo - see somethings only a husband can do!!!! :P
:evil:

I'm here for the party

#23 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,392 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 08:57 AM

I myself was able to attend a party with "the man". My 2nd favorite picture ever, next to me and my best (and girl) friend ofcourse :D .

http://hellonice.net/stanleycup1.jpg

I was a little young back then in 2000 :-D

Cool pic HOI.

Where was that?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#24 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,872 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 01:53 PM

[quote name='Jimmy Leeds' date='Jun 30 2003, 07:20 AM']Gee Derek, I didn't know you were an NHL player.

I just don't feel that I, being a fan, would have earned that right to touch it. I think for a player, it's different because they battled to get it.

I have seen the Cup up close before. Awesome.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#25 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 02:02 PM

Way to go Zam...yeah it is something else, isn't it...at first I thought it showed up after I left Saturday night :o We should try and scan your pics and my picture and see if we can blend to make it one picture :D

btw...was the danish available ***faints***
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#26 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,392 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 02:04 PM

That's fine.

I personally feel that it is acceptable for professional hockey players to feel that way. However, since we are never going to experience that, might as well enjoy it while you can.

Heck, you should have jumped at the chance, the Rag$ still have 46 years to go for the next one...... :P
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#27 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 03:45 PM

That is really awesome, Zam. I can't even imagine how cool that must have been.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#28 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 04:19 PM

Thanks everyone :) People at work said I was glowing today :D It's the shinest most beautiful thing!

Hell how did you get to hoist it? Not sure if I would have been able to but definitely would have tried!

Derek--screw that! Hands ALL over that baby!

Dew, I think the Danish was available....not sure. Skinny yet fairly sinewy! The slight resemblance and the Devils gear (had the Cup hat on and came back with a Stevens jersey) qualifies him plenty!

Vince I'll see about getting someone to scan my regular pics...have to figure out the digital one yet. Not quite sure I want my mug on the "net though... :ph34r:
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#29 JHofSec234

JHofSec234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 04:52 PM

Zam, I was grinning from ear to ear reading your story.....

We better see some pics!!! SOON!

#30 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 05:58 PM

It was at a friends house (he worked for the DEvils). kids were playing with it, and some at the party were passing it around and I got my turn alone with it for like 5 minutes, it was pretty cool. I held it and was just admiring it for a while :-D

#31 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 10:43 AM

HOI - you're just too calm about it! That's so cool!
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#32 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 12:27 PM

I just wondered if anyone shared this strange phenomenon...I actually am starting to salivate looking at the Cup...I'm looking at ESBs avatar ..i can't see it in reds so that's not an issue :P . I'm looking at some pictures someone sent me via email -- just all these pictures and it's so silvery and shiney and like water! I really am kind of drooling here... only other time that ever happened was when a ring necked phesant flew into our back yard...his green irridecent head made my mouth water in this same way....primal even... :blink:

I'm here for the party

#33 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 01:45 PM

Zam, were you at Best Buy last night saying "Lamadillo"?

#34 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 02:22 PM

:lol: I don't think that was her!

Zamode you really ought to post pictures to avoid this kind of confusion! Lamadillo... :lol:

I'm here for the party

#35 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 03:41 PM

No Sheepy that was not me! I would only possibly say that after maybe 6 or 7 Molsons...even then I don't think I would mess up our revered GM's name.

PK I am working on it! Not too many digital pics of just the Cup, though...not keen on putting my face all over the board.....I will try to get the other pics scanned to post, some of those are nice. There is one of me giving it a smooch, it's kinda cute if I say so myself! :lol:
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#36 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,872 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 05:29 PM

[quote name='Jimmy Leeds' date='Jun 30 2003, 03:04 PM']That's fine.

I personally feel that it is acceptable for professional hockey players to feel that way. However, since we are never going to experience that, might as well enjoy it while you can.

Heck, you should have jumped at the chance, the Rag$ still have 46 years to go for the next one...... :P

True JL. I should have gone to see it when they won it in '94. Oh well. It is the most beautiful trophy in sports. Priceless.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#37 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 02:01 PM

The Stanley Cup :wub:
So Say We All

#38 tarabelle99

tarabelle99

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 10:44 PM

I'm so freaking jealous right now. The Cup hasn't been to Boston for a while (ugggh, Ray Bourque's "victory" celebration doesn't count either!).....

you guys'll have to keep me posted if you hear anything about Pando's day with the cup.. Burlington's a town over from me :clap: and it's not that big of a town, residentially, it's mostly industrial/commercial (the industrial park capital, lol) ... Shouldn't be too hard to find it, heck, He made me late for work when he brought it home in 2k......................
Pity me. I'm surrounded by Red Sox fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Shameless Plug for my Drummah friend:

http://www.walthamtheband.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users