4 replies to this topic

#1 Shtikl

Shtikl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

As the horn was sounding, Vasyunov took a shoulder-to-the-head shot from Dane Byars. Wish I had instant video replay for you, it's like what Cooke did to the Bruins' Savard. MOB said it's legal, but that doesn't mean it was a clean hit. Vasyunov was laid out there on the ice, the trainer came out to help him, and since it's in Hartford the camera switched to a still frame instead of the game.

I don't think I'm going to be calm enough to give you an update this period. I have to go burn an effigy.

Lowell leading, 1-0, end 1st. Game Summary and Text Box Score. The goal was all Walter, he picked off a pass in the left wing circle in the doghumpers' zone, sends it between the post and the blocker. A few penalties back and forth, but the hit on Vasyunov will be the big story of the game.

End 2nd, trailing 2-3. Ugly game, McKenna's had to make a couple of miracle saves just to keep them in the game. Devils had tied it up but got careless just at the final minute. Really missing Magnan, Corrente, and Eckford. And Vasyunov's definitely gone. The ref's lost control of this one, it would be all-out war if the Devils would just show a little snarl but I think everybody's afraid of the goon on the other line-up. I did say it's an ugly game, right? Robitaille bumped one of the doghumpers and two of them roughed him up after the whistle. Garlock actually tried to gouge Robitaille's eyes out in the scrum, reaching past the linesman and some other players to do it. Garlock had his glove off and the camera actually showed his fingers in Louie's face making a clawing motion. Hard to believe the camera didn't move away to a Supercuts commercial, like it did when Halischuk was on a breakaway and several other times during play. I think they've only showed us half the face-offs. Anyway, Louie was sporting a huge, irregular bloody scratch on his right cheek, really easy to see when he was in the penalty box. Of course, being Louie, he was also smiling.

End 3rd, a 2-6 loss. No snarl, and no defense. They left McKenna out to dry, he didn't have a chance on those last 3 goals and IMO not on any of the 6. Even Taormina was off, probably from overwork. Cohen was even on the +/-, probably the most consistent guy on the backside today. Murray and Flynn, well, they did get better as the game went on... Good thing they have a few days to practice. Not going to be a happy bus ride home. McKenna was chased after letting in the 6th goal, I don't think anybody heard the announcer call out the change, MOB certainly didn't realize it was Jeff out there for the last few minutes -- easy to tell 'cause he has white pads while Mac has black ones. Anyway, they looked pretty sad out there after that headshot to Vasyunov. I hope he's OK. Dirty hits to the head are a specialty of the house in Hartford.

Lines:
Davis-Sestito-Palmieri
Perkovich-Walter-Nagy
Vasyunov-Swift-Halischuk
Robitaille-Castonguay-Stoesz

Pairs:
Murphy-Flynn
Davison-Cohen
Taormina-Murray

---

PS -- Trenton playing the Kazoos, end 1st miraculously leading 2-1. :gd:
Game sheet and Text box score.

TD's up 4-3 after 2. :gd: I hope they can hold on and eke out 2 points!

TD's eke it out, 5-4! Kunes and Poli the multi-point games, Davey Caruso the win again! :yay: So something went right on LeBlond Bobblehead Night!

Edited by Shtikl, 13 March 2010 - 10:09 PM.

We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses. -- Abraham Lincoln

#2 Birch

Birch

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

Hartford's up 3 - 2. Poop. They scored 2 goals early, Lowell tied it with a PPG by Murphy. Hartford got the go ahead goal at the end of the period. Vasyunov not back this period.

Oy. Hartford 6 - 2.

Edited by Birch, 13 March 2010 - 09:08 PM.

#3 Birch

Birch

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

TD's eke it out, 5-4! Kunes and Poli the multi-point games, Davey Caruso the win again! :yay: So something went right on LeBlond Bobblehead Night!

:boogie: Good news!

#4 Shtikl

Shtikl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

:boogie: Good news!

Yes indeed, the TDs played the kazoos tonight and eked out 2 points. Nice.

Back to the bad news, the Lowlies have a game in Portland this Tuesday. I don't think Alex is going to be back by then.

Taormina and Murphy were -3, Murray was -2, Flynn -1, Davison and Cohen were even. Can't believe I actually saw Flynn on the PK this game, but the PK was 5 for 6. And it wasn't Flynn who let the doghumpers set up those cross-crease passes for at least 3 of the goals... PP was 1 for 8 :urg: Poor Taormina, I think he might have logged 30 minutes out there tonight.

Edited by Shtikl, 14 March 2010 - 04:17 PM.

We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses. -- Abraham Lincoln

#5 Shtikl

Shtikl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

Here's the hit on Vasyunov.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users