26 replies to this topic

#21 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

Totally down with the Peters comments. The league should look into one big throwback night. That would be insanely awesome.

How about a throwahead night? :rofl:
Posted Image

#22 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:04 PM

Unless they move St. Patty's day back a week, it won't be a problem. The Rock is hosting the East Regional games (sweet 16/elite 8), not the opening round, on March 25 and 27

Oh wow, I just figured the venue is the same from the opening round to the sweet sixteen. Nice. Good deal, I hope this does become a tradition for us the way NYE is for Dallas, then. :cheers:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#23 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

Well it didn't really generate the hype they expected when it was advertised as a "one time only" thing.. Not to mention that we won't always have 3/17 home game

It didn't? there was a borderline frenzy when they started selling those things. the bean counters are going to demand this become a yearly thing, as long as people buy red and green products. between those and Kovalchuk junk, it was a nice little goosing of revenue.

#24 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

Unless they move St. Patty's day back a week, it won't be a problem. The Rock is hosting the East Regional games (sweet 16/elite 8), not the opening round, on March 25 and 27

St. Patty's Day should without a doubt become a tradition now. Marty started it last year... let's make this an annual thing.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#25 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

Let me say as a Yankees fan I love that the Devils for being a relatively young organization want to build a tradition. There is nothing wrong with the Devils NOT having a 3rd jersey; if it ain't broke don't fix it!

The Yankees don't have a 3rd jersey like most of MLB and that works for them. The "Interlocking NY" on the pinstripes along with the road grays with "NEW YORK" on the chest makes their uniforms timeless and classics. The traditional striping on the Devils jersey on the lower torso and sleeves, the black draping on the shoulders and the "Interlocking horned-tailed NJ" in the center of the jersey has become an instant classic and is becoming timeless.

The idea I had brought up in a pervious thread regarding these jerseys, was the idea of using it on St. Patrick's Day, as well as for Sunday home games. It would become a great added tradition for us to be home on St. Patrick's Day and wearing these honoring our history. The Lakers have their home golds and road purples; however on home Sunday and holiday games they wear their white alternates. I think that this would be great idea for the "green" jerseys. :evil:

FYI: Since these jerseys have been released they have been the top selling jersey on NHL.com out of all 30 teams. I think this is definately indicative of a market for these jerseys with Devils fans and collectors!

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673, 16 March 2010 - 11:23 PM.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#26 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

nice even the devils site is rockin the green

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#27 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:01 AM

They're certainly not doing this half-assed, that's for sure. From what I understand, even NJ Devil is entirely decked out in retro gear.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users