209 replies to this topic

#201 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

They talked a lot about Marty last night, but it was a lot of good stuff, so I actually give credit to them. Other than that, they did mention attendance quite a few times. They said the arena was pretty packed and it was the most Devils fans they've seen at a Penguins - Devs game and I was like WTF? It's a sellout, the arena is full, don't act like there's 16,000 in there and talk like you've never seen a sellout at the Rock against the Pens, because it happens more often than not, I believe. :unsure:

I watched the game today and boy, it looked great. :) The jerseys, the atmosphere, the game itself... I can only imagine being there and getting to actually experience it. :)

All three Pens games @NJ have been sellouts this year. Only 2 of the 3 games @PIT have been sellouts.
Posted Image

#202 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

Took a friend to the game last night, who never even watched a hockey game. She is a huge fan now!! Guessing the Jersey helped a little there. Now she wants a Parise jersey, and a picture with him. Hmmm she will be a hardcore fan soon! :)

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#203 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

Took a friend to the game last night, who never even watched a hockey game. She is a huge fan now!! Guessing the Jersey helped a little there. Now she wants a Parise jersey, and a picture with him. Hmmm she will be a hardcore fan soon! :)

Haha, Parise always snags the ladies...
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#204 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

Yea, the Pelley call was legit, but Letang only getting a roughing minor from what ensued after the hit was possibly the most beyond absurd non call I've seen in an NHL game, minus Pandolfo getting drilled from behind in Detroit.

Letang literally skated all the way across the ice, dropped his gloves and jumped Pelley. Granted, Pelley made him pay for it, but instigating a fight in the third period and only getting a roughing minor?? Give me a break. This is the exact reason I have no respect for NHL officials.

If I remember correctly, you don't get an instigator if you start a fight with someone who just committed a major penalty. Maybe it is you don't get an extra 10. being that is was throw back night, I may be remembering a rule that is almost 20 years old as well.

I do agree with your point about the refs. I have always felt that the officiating is the reason why hockey will always be the least popular of the major sports.

Joe
Joe

#205 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

If I remember correctly, you don't get an instigator if you start a fight with someone who just committed a major penalty. Maybe it is you don't get an extra 10. being that is was throw back night, I may be remembering a rule that is almost 20 years old as well.

I do agree with your point about the refs. I have always felt that the officiating is the reason why hockey will always be the least popular of the major sports.

Joe

Other sports have just as many problems with officiating as the NHL has. Officiating is a hard job to do properly. Hell, the NBA had a ref cheating on games, if officiating is a reason people tune in or out of a sport then the NBA would have nobody watching.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#206 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Pretty obvious instigator...

47.11 Instigator - An instigator of an altercation shall be a player or goalkeeper who by his actions or demeanor demonstrates any/some of the following criteria: distance traveled; gloves off first; first punch thrown; menacing attitude or posture; verbal instigation or threats; conduct in retaliation to a prior game (or season) incident; obvious retribution for a previous incident in the game or season.

That becomes a really confusing situation...

Letang gets 2+5+10 for fighting and instigator

Pelley gets 5+5 for boarding and fighting

I think what happens then is both teams have to put an extra guy in the box... Someone to serve Letang's 2, and someone to serve one of Pelley's majors. Both Letang and Pelley would be done for the game at that point since they have to sit for the full penalty time, 17 for Letang and 10 for Pelley.
Posted Image

#207 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:25 PM

anyone else see the highlights on nhl.com or watch the game thru their stream? notice the emotion of the announcer when the penguins scored, but the total lack of excitement in their voices when we scored? nah, nhl.com isn't biased toward Cindy's team

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#208 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,755 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

anyone else see the highlights on nhl.com or watch the game thru their stream? notice the emotion of the announcer when the penguins scored, but the total lack of excitement in their voices when we scored? nah, nhl.com isn't biased toward Cindy's team

You realize that was the Pittsburgh TV feed right?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#209 Zajkisen

Zajkisen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

I've uploaded about 18 high res pics from the game! :) Can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mwmzt4inimy
Posted Image
---------------------------------------

#210 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

I've uploaded about 18 high res pics from the game! Posted Image Can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mwmzt4inimy

Nice images, thanks!!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users